XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. He was my favorite character as a kid, so maybe my standards are a little high but I haven't seen a single collectible in any scale I felt compelled to buy. Passed on everything from Hot Toys, Medicom, Koto, SSC, etc. My collection has had a serious hole in it that hopefully one day I can fill!
Wow nothing eh? Even the Spidey com from like a few years back?
G.I. JOE! Lol, couldn't help it.

Him and Wolverine are my favorite characters. How about the original Spidey com?
Lmao dude you beat me too it
SC took it down ???
So lost, took what down?

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Oh I am not saying they would be better Empir just that guys like Andy B, Steve S, and Canale (and I am missing many more) could do Magneto justice is all.

The main problem is the Art Direction of Magneto. That is what I fear most with SS. Their AD is just so blah blah blah lately (Jean Gray for example). But SS has tons of talent that could do any character from whatever license justice. THE AD IS THE MOST IMPORTANT.....followed closely by QC.

The main problem is the Art Direction of Magneto. That is what I fear most with SS. Their AD is just so blah blah blah lately (Jean Gray for example). But SS has tons of talent that could do any character from whatever license justice. THE AD IS THE MOST IMPORTANT.....followed closely by QC.

WORD! It all starts with AD. Sculptors are always held to the whims of the art director. Whatever they want is what gets produced. Practically every statue that has ever failed starts there.

Well on the other hand there SSC does awesome pieces like Lobo and GHulk that totally have awesome design. Even Ultron looked good. Yeah Jean Gray, and DD aren't the best, but in the end they do awesome work. Maybe they could pull the guys over from the COTD line to do some Marvel work.

Well on the other hand there SSC does awesome pieces like Lobo and GHulk that totally have awesome design. Even Ultron looked good. Yeah Jean Gray, and DD aren't the best, but in the end they do awesome work. Maybe they could pull the guys over from the COTD line to do some Marvel work.

That would be cool the COTD stuff looks really inventive and fresh IMO

Will the art print have the cape in red oh purple ?

I would imagine that what you see is what you'll get. There are 2 differences between the print and the statue that I can see. The color of the inside of his cape on the print is red. On the statue it's purple. Also, the color of his neck area is purple in the print and is red on the statue. I don't know if XM will change it. I imagine they'll just leave it as is but I certainly can be wrong. As XM has already shown, they are not adverse to changing things up.

That's the problem Spidey. CotD and DC is just about a unanimous hit for SSC. Marvel has always been hit or miss for the most part as far as I'm concerned.

It's back up. It looks like they had to update their pics. Somehow, they had XM's Cap mixed in with their product pics. It's now all updated and back up for order.
What was taken down and put back up?

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

All of them working on CotD line are already working on Marvel products. They always have. Mark Newman..hello. Pablo Viggiano....hello. And others.

The Lobo as far as I am concerned was the single most impressive piece at the Con. GHulk....I have mixed feelings on these because I want my Hulk to be free of weapons, unless its like a makeshift pole or rock or something. GHulk is impressive (heavy and big, detailed), but the subject matter is not really for me. I am FAR MORE impressed with SS's 3 Hulks. I pre-ordered the SS Red Hulk PF Ex. That will be my Red Hulk in my collection. But as it is now....I don't need 500 Hulks. I have 1 Red Hulk, 1 Green Hulk (XM...soon to have), and 1 Skaar PF (I think it still to this day is SS's best Marvel piece...yes even more impressive than GHulk and Apocalypse). Unless XM does a World War Hulk or Skaar (both which I KNOW XM could do a better job on....just because they would be following up on it), there is no need for another Hulk once I get the Red Hulk. I haven't a clue about who Maestro Hulk is and I am not a fan of the Gray Hulk (although the SS Gray Hulk PF with the shirt is impressive).

Back