XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, would love to see one I'd actually want to buy in any scale.
Lol after my Comiquette debacle (yeah i had to use a word like ****ing debacle because that's what it feels like) I'd be down for a really high grade Spidey.

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

The problem I have with SS is due to their unstable QC, I feel I need to rely on custom paint jobs just to bring it to the prototype version that sold me in the first place. I don't have that problem with XM (so far), for instance, my Apocalypse has a few minor paint issues and since I love the sculpt, I am already considering having the paint redone so it doesn't look so flat. I know we cannot expect prototype quality for the most part and there are exceptions (G Hulk, minus cheap sash), but I would rather not have to include the cost for custom paint on top of the already expensive statue. Sure I can roll the dice and see what I get but if the sculpt/pose really speaks to me, I don't want to live with a ****** "we don't have any more replacements" or "just return it for a full refund" excuse. Especially when that piece really works well with your collection and you have been waiting a long time to add it to your collection. Maybe I need to just become desensitized to the whole process and and be pleasantly surprised if Marvel QC is up to snuff.

I have to strongly disagree. Not one person who has seen my EX Apoc PF wasn't blown away by it. It's getting rave reviews from peeps that aren't comics fans or know next to nothing about the character. He's a massive BEAST and is impressive to boot. The issue with that piece (and unfortunately other SSC pieces) is QC. QC is the main issue biting SSC on the ass of late. Sure, the Marvel line has always been hit or miss with SSC. With Apoc, the only miss was with QC. I was fortunate enough to receive a good piece and I admire the hell out of it. I know peeps that suffered from QC issues don't agree but for me personally, the Apoc PF is a fantastic PF.

Hey, dude, I was more commenting on the fact that Canale is pumping out some awesome work rather than making any negative comments about Apoc. I have never seen Apoc personally, so cannot comment on the piece...the "good ones" look great in pics, though.

Lol after my Comiquette debacle (yeah i had to use a word like ****ing debacle because that's what it feels like) I'd be down for a really high grade Spidey.

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Agreed. He was my favorite character as a kid, so maybe my standards are a little high but I haven't seen a single collectible in any scale I felt compelled to buy. Passed on everything from Hot Toys, Medicom, Koto, SSC, etc. My collection has had a serious hole in it that hopefully one day I can fill!

And knowing is half the battle.

G.I. JOE! Lol, couldn't help it.

Agreed. He was my favorite character as a kid, so maybe my standards are a little high but I haven't seen a single collectible in any scale I felt compelled to buy. Passed on everything from Hot Toys, Medicom, Koto, SSC, etc. My collection has had a serious hole in it that hopefully one day I can fill!

Him and Wolverine are my favorite characters. How about the original Spidey com?

Hey, dude, I was more commenting on the fact that Canale is pumping out some awesome work rather than making any negative comments about Apoc. I have never seen Apoc personally, so cannot comment on the piece...the "good ones" look great in pics, though.

No worries bro. I know divo doesn't like the piece and when you quoted him you seemed to be agreeing with him. I have no issues with how you feel either way. As I said before, what we like about a statue is all subjective. It's all based off of what we like or don't like. For me personally, the SSC Apoc PF will be difficult to top. He's such an imposing and impressive piece IMO. I feel just as strongly about XM's Mags. I just can't see anyone topping it. I'll actually have those 2 pieces side by side in my collection. That's going to be a whole lot of EPICNESS in my book. Those 2 characters are my all time favorite X-Villains and having them together in my collection will be a dream come true. I'm pumped and can't wait for the day that happens.

Anyone order from Secret Compass that can share their preorder policy. Do they put a hold on your card or is it like BBTS? I see no mention of a deposit being required.

No worries bro. I know divo doesn't like the piece and when you quoted him you seemed to be agreeing with him. I have no issues with how you feel either way. As I said before, what we like about a statue is all subjective. It's all based off of what we like or don't like. For me personally, the SSC Apoc PF will be difficult to top. He's such an imposing and impressive piece IMO. I feel just as strongly about XM's Mags. I just can't see anyone topping it. I'll actually have those 2 pieces side by side in my collection. That's going to be a whole lot of EPICNESS in my book. Those 2 characters are my all time favorite X-Villains and having them together in my collection will be a dream come true. I'm pumped and can't wait for the day that happens.

I like the DD PF, so I know all about that :lol

Back