XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This isn't going to just effect the flippers though ... Guys will start having difficulty getting their money back on pieces if they ever go to sell them. This is the second XM piece to be recast.

I dont think so either, I think majority of the collector community would prefer the real deal instead of a cheap knock off.

They already recast an XM piece? I wasnt aware. Which was the first one?

I don't know if anyone else brought this up, but legit XM statues have serial numbers on them that are registered on their web site, so you can check to see if the XM statue your buying is legit.

I also doubt recasters will be able to keep the high QC that XM does...

I don't know if anyone else brought this up, but legit XM statues have serial numbers on them that are registered on their web site, so you can check to see if the XM statue your buying is legit.

I also doubt recasters will be able to keep the high QC that XM does...

You can check after you get it to be sure, but no one should be sharing those codes over the net prior to a piece arriving.

You can check after you get it to be sure, but no one should be sharing those codes over the net prior to a piece arriving.

Agreed, I wouldn't tell anyone what the number is, but like I said you can log into XM web site and check for yourself. If your not buying through Ebay or PayPal I would ask the seller for the serial number so you can check to make sure it's legit before you buy it.

Once they sell it to you they can transfer the serial number to your name

Once these mixes up even some sellers and buyers who don't visit these forums won't know the differences. Then it's going to be a hipuge mess. Some people will be suckered big time not even knowing its a fake recast. What happens if say a real part from XM breaks like a finger in the back and the seller replaces it with a finger from the recast and sell it off as real. Who would ever know? Or if a hand is replaced... No one will ever know.

This isn't going to just effect the flippers though ... Guys will start having difficulty getting their money back on pieces if they ever go to sell them. This is the second XM piece to be recast.

Exactly who would have many of these to flip? But as for getting the money back Yep goodluck since I spent a bit more than 3k on mine. Same goes for THanos.... Puts a damper in all my aftermarket buys in collecting XM.
The people doing these recast must be some ofthe guys working in the factories. They have all the experience and inside info to do it because they worked on the xm statues already. Must be stolen to do a side business free on xm's expense for personal gain. These will be called chinese versions to trick people to believe it's a China release version.

Last edited:

The registration code is meant for this instancies in fact, with a partial code (first and last 4 numbers IIRC) you can check if the product is legit or not, without the seller giving away the full code ahead of time.
So for now, this is all academic talks. People DO have a mean to check what they're buying, can't say the same about all the Iron Man busts, comiquettes, Alien maquettes and Venom Comiquettes around. And recasts didn't hurt the secondary prices of those ones or Sideshow, for what it's worth... even if most of those recasts are better than the original thing (can't really say the same about Magneto).

I wish more people got some scare out of this tho, more people coming out with the dumb "I'm afraid of buying from the other side of the world" mindset, so to leave more room for collecting XM pieces to those with a functioning brain.

Of course not, but chances of those jokers recasting something prior to it's official release should be slim to none. If I miss piece then screw it. There is just way to much cool stuff out there to drop $4Gs on a Magneto. That's four P1 statues right there or a few things from IA, Iron Studios or Chronicle.

I hear you mate. :clap

Back