XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed. I used to not be able to sleep at night.. worried that my collection wasnt 'good enough' and I had no grails. Not anymore. Jay has changed my life. Now I feel like a real collector and not a wannabe.

You've always been a real collector. Jay obviously saw that and was appalled by the notion that this worry kept you up at night. I'm almost in tears right now - I can't believe someone can see right through a user name and just 'know' someone like he has us.

I hope other collectors read this and realize what a special person he is and what an honor it is to post along his side.

Whoa... So -jay- gave you each statues simply to say "hey, you're cool, keep being cool"? That's pretty special. Jay is either banking good karma for a rainy day or making up for something in the past ;)

I kid, I love to see generosity in communities. for those that don't know there is a ton of it in the yearly spooktacular thread where several of us run our own mini contests for fun and give away pieces in our collection. Things that were given away last year were a "Freddy v Jason" Jason PF, several hot toys and bowen busts. I myself gave away a venom bust, a spiderman bust, a bunch of blu rays and a sephiroth figure. It's fun to give :)

Congrats to you two and kudos to Jay!

The XM Magneto has power! Like when Cartman saw the funniest thing he ever saw and he couldnt laugh anymore. When you get this monument in your possession, and crack open the box and the shafts of light radiate from within it, and you here the soft drone of angelic choirs hum the halo theme ever so gently in thine ears. Your collecting addiction reaches such a Zenith, that you overload and cant obtain joy from the hobby anymore. So you end up giving them away. Its called Magfluenza.

This thing sold out very quickly. On XM's website it was sold out in an hour or 2 I believe. The other retailers that sold it, sold out in minutes. This piece didn't last for days on any website. There were plenty of peeps that were aware of the PO date (and wanted one badly) that were completely shut out.

It took around a whole morning for ST to sell out. But there are MANY other XM retailers in Asia, just look at their website list. They had Magneto for longer, even if at a higher price than SimplyToys. Dealers like Mark (and some shops) were still offering bundle deals 1-2 days after PO day.
It took at least 3-4 days to be fully sold out and I've read of people securing one (not on the secondary market) a week or two after PO day.
As someone pointed out, people were all "it's too expensive, I'll wait for Sideshow, yadda yadda", then when it was selling out quickly, people started to scramble. But couldn't secure one because they didn't know where to look at. They decided they wanted it when it was running low and they realized that 800 is a very low edition number. Pretty convenient.
Same old tune as with everything else, just see the recent Spider Man PF thread, people going all berserk and thinking it was selling out so they quickly jumped on waitlist.
If people want something, they should get it straight ahead. Otherwise, they don't want it enough. I know I waited for Thanos, and had to pay a good markup to snag one later. My fault.

Last edited:
It took around a whole morning for ST to sell out. But there are MANY other XM retailers in Asia, just look at their website list. They had Magneto for longer, even if at a higher price than SimplyToys. Dealers like Mark (and some shops) were still offering bundle deals 1-2 days after PO day.
It took at least 3-4 days to be fully sold out and I've read of people securing one (not on the secondary market) a week or two after PO day.
As someone pointed out, people were all "it's too expensive, I'll wait for Sideshow, yadda yadda", then when it was selling out quickly, people started to scramble. But couldn't secure one because they didn't know where to look at. They decided they wanted it when it was running low and they realized that 800 is a very low edition number. Pretty convenient.
Same old tune as with everything else, just see the recent Spider Man PF thread, people going all berserk and thinking it was selling out so they quickly jumped on waitlist.
If people want something, they should get it straight ahead. Otherwise, they don't want it enough. I know I waited for Thanos, and had to pay a good markup to snag one later. My fault.

You can still purchase a Mags today if you don't mind paying the markup and peeps shouldn't have to bundle or buy other statues they don't want to secure Mags. Bottom line, PO day was utter chaos for Mags. There were peeps that sat at their computers all day trying to secure Mags and couldn't. Because of the time difference and lack of info many peeps that tried to secure Mags came up empty handed. Mags changed everything for XM. There were peeps angry with XM, our boys on the forum taking pre-orders, and retailers. Why? Because peeps that wanted a Mags were shut out after trying to secure one all day after it went up for PO. To this day, XM orders are difficult to obtain unless you are willing to buy a whole lot of XM merch. Peeps that only want to buy the characters they are interested in (cherry pick) are basically squeezed out because stock has to be allocated for the peeps who are spending top $$$ on XM merch. I'm not complaining about that, it's merely the way it is.

I don't fault peeps for not pre-ordering Mags with our Singapore forum members back then. It was a risk because there was no real track record back then with them. Blindly giving your money to someone isn't something most peeps are comfortable with. We know today that Mark, ScootS, and Kenny are rock solid because they delivered on multiple orders for members here and can be trusted. Back then, it was a bigger leap of faith. The time change also played a huge factor on peeps missing out on pre-ordering from Asian retailers. Many peeps were caught off guard as to when they were going to put up Mags for pre-order and were caught by surprise when they woke up in the morning to Mags sold out. That left peeps waiting on American retailers to put up Mags for PO. Their stock sold out in minutes. Bottom line, everyone that wanted a Mags wasn't able to secure one at retail cost (or even slightly above). I'm not going to mention bundling or paying an aftermarket markup because to me, that isn't POing anymore. That's dealing with the aftermarket and a huge markup.I don't blame peeps for not wanting to drop 3K to secure Mags. Some peeps just can't afford to pay that. That doesn't mean that they weren't willing to pay retail on PO day. They were....but they couldn't secure a PO on that day. Securing a Mags PO on that day wasn't a easy as you make it seem. Plenty of peeps on this forum missed out on Mags (and that doesn't even count other peeps out there that aren't a part of forums). Bottom line is that only 800 of these were made for the entire world. The demand for Mags heavily outweighed supply. Securing a Mags PO on that day wasn't easy. Until we can all register on XM's website and PO their merch, there's no such thing as an easily POing XM statues.

Wrong. Singaporean middle men here on the board were perfectly reliable at the time, they already shipped Cap with exactly zero inconveniences. XM vouched for them, they actively partecipated in the various threads. Companies shouldn't take care of US customers being afraid of the outside world because they always lived their lives in their small happy bubble, honestly.
Most people simply didn't know what to expect when it comes to XM and most of them don't have the notion of what it means to be out of the favored area, to be in the international side of the market and what it takes sometimes to get what you want.
The simple fact that people where shocked for it to go live "in the middle of the night" speaks loud, imho. Like, they didn't know that different countries fall into different time zones.
Truth is that those who really wanted one got their amount of solid chances and I don't care if they were asleep or they didn't trust a certain person or they waited for local retailers - they had their chance and threw it away.
Was it "easy"? Nope, but not the absurd mess many make it pass. I was on SimplyToys newsletter and got an email from them when Magneto went on PO on their website. This is because I actually took the time to sign up to their newsletter and asked when they were expecting to put Magneto on PO.
It's been much harder for me to stay up until 1AM or 2AM for PCS preorders, when the next day I had to wake up at 5 or 6 AM to go to work, honestly.

And even if you could just register on XM website and order their statues, you'd end up in a royal rumble with hundreds of other people competing for the same statue, exactly like with PCS preorders, and you'd still have people being cut off and crying misery for missing out.
Americans need to understand that the world is not 'murica-centric. It is what it is, XM can sell under certain (heavy) restriction and all the whine in the world won't change it anytime soon.

I see people selling with and without coin. Sorry but what does the coin look like?

Wrong. Singaporean middle men here on the board were perfectly reliable at the time, they already shipped Cap with exactly zero inconveniences. XM vouched for them, they actively partecipated in the various threads. Companies shouldn't take care of US customers being afraid of the outside world because they always lived their lives in their small happy bubble, honestly.
Most people simply didn't know what to expect when it comes to XM and most of them don't have the notion of what it means to be out of the favored area, to be in the international side of the market and what it takes sometimes to get what you want.
The simple fact that people where shocked for it to go live "in the middle of the night" speaks loud, imho. Like, they didn't know that different countries fall into different time zones.
Truth is that those who really wanted one got their amount of solid chances and I don't care if they were asleep or they didn't trust a certain person or they waited for local retailers - they had their chance and threw it away.
Was it "easy"? Nope, but not the absurd mess many make it pass. I was on SimplyToys newsletter and got an email from them when Magneto went on PO on their website. This is because I actually took the time to sign up to their newsletter and asked when they were expecting to put Magneto on PO.
It's been much harder for me to stay up until 1AM or 2AM for PCS preorders, when the next day I had to wake up at 5 or 6 AM to go to work, honestly.

And even if you could just register on XM website and order their statues, you'd end up in a royal rumble with hundreds of other people competing for the same statue, exactly like with PCS preorders, and you'd still have people being cut off and crying misery for missing out.
Americans need to understand that the world is not 'murica-centric. It is what it is, XM can sell under certain (heavy) restriction and all the whine in the world won't change it anytime soon.

I'm not complaining about the way XM does business, how they sell merch to their customers, or that they have a restricted license that doesn't allow them to sell their merch to the western half of the world. You said it yourself, even if we could register with XM, there would be a mad scramble on PO day because of the limited numbers on their merch. Peeps would miss out. That means that there is no such thing as easily obtaining an XM statue even if you "really want one". That's the only point I've been trying to make. Demand will always be greater than supply when it comes to XM merch. That means that peeps will miss out on some characters they want.

I see people selling with and without coin. Sorry but what does the coin look like?

XM%u00252BMagneto2.jpg

Back