XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would speculate that it would not go north of $3k, not because I don't think it's worth it, but because they are still cranking out great stuff that you can get good value for your money. You can get three 1/4; brown wolverine, Blackbolt, medusa (or cable, Deadpool, DD)..... Anything close to 4k you can get a set of 1/6 Xmen alliance dio. So I think ~$3k is the tipping point.

I would speculate that it would not go north of $3k, not because I don't think it's worth it, but because they are still cranking out great stuff that you can get good value for your money. You can get three 1/4; brown wolverine, Blackbolt, medusa (or cable, Deadpool, DD)..... Anything close to 4k you can get a set of 1/6 Xmen alliance dio. So I think ~$3k is the tipping point.

Yup... You can buy a lot of statues, so no rush. =)

I just bought a mags! It will be a long 2 week wait from overseas.... Can't wait to see what the hype is about lol.

This piece looks immaculate. I don't collect XMen but this one and the Phoenix really makes me wish that I did. Big thumbs up to all you guys that got him :clap

Still waiting on my pre order to come thru.... anybody know what number they are at??

Starting to get a lil worried, Im guessing they are prob in the 600's by now...

The price on him has been pretty level so far. It's been steady at 3K. It hasn't really gone up and these pieces are still shipping out. I think you have some time. However, once these have all shipped and flippers have unloaded their pieces, you'll be stuck trying to convince peeps like me to sell. That's when it gets tricky. I can't speak for others but I'm not selling mine. That's when the aftermarket prices on this can really begin to take off. I can't tell you any statue is worth 3K. I don't think I'd ever spend that much on any piece. But, if I did, this would be the piece that would get me to do it. In the end, only you can decide if it's worth it or not. Whatever you do, try not to look at Marvel's absolutely AMAZING pics while you make your decision. If I were you, I'd be in serious trouble just over the 4 pics he already posted. Seeing the XM Mags like that certainly won't make your choice any easier.

sounds like this is going to be the CM Pred of the Marvel world. I'm glad I have no interest in the character or I'd be F'd.

I think now is the right time to buy one. The initial hype of 3-3.5k has died and seems you can get one for 2.5-2.8 which is as low as I see it going. Maybe if you are patient you can snag one for 2.3-2.5 but it likely will stay steady at 2.5-2.8 and climb back slowly to 3 and over.

sounds like this is going to be the CM Pred of the Marvel world. I'm glad I have no interest in the character or I'd be F'd.

I'm just extremely lucky and grateful to have been able to pick this up at retail. There's no way I could drop the $$$ this piece is commanding in the aftermarket now. It would have gutted me to have missed out on this piece. I'm a HUGE X-MEN and mutant fan. Mags and Apoc were the 2 mutant baddies I HAD to have in my 1/4 collection. Thrilled to say that I have them both.

Yeah it'll pain me if i don't get my hands on him still willing to drop even 2k on him, which is by far the most ill have ever spent on a figure and will probably have to sell other junk to justify it. but it would be worth it

Yeah it'll pain me if i don't get my hands on him still willing to drop even 2k on him, which is by far the most ill have ever spent on a figure and will probably have to sell other junk to justify it. but it would be worth it

If you are trying to get it for 2k, you chance is pretty small. In the last couple weeks, the lowest been 2.5k + shipping (still end up being $2800 or so) and those are gone in couple hours, and that happened with a 4 of them on eBay. Your best bet is try to get it for 2500 shipped from a US seller who need to sell it quick. And you need to catch those deal off eBay because in order to sell it for that low, seller aren't willing to pay eBay fee, and those sells are hard to catch and sell quick.

Bottom line if someone put a Magneto on eBay now auction style, it will be sold over $2500 every time, that's why your chance is small. Plenty of people are willing to pay more than you.

Ive been patient starting to see prices around 2,600 and there are kind floating around like no ones touching them yet. thinking they will least be able to bob down to 2,300 range which I might consider. In the end ill live if i don't have it, yet it is a masterpiece grail. just think there was an initial craze on the piece that drove the prices to sky rocket. I wouldn't be surprised if after a few shipments hit it drops close to 2k, maybe it won't idk. you know statue world as unpredictable as the stock market sometimes lol

There is always an initial hype spike. Then prices settle and then they either stay settled if it's a good piece, or slowly climb back up to or near the hype level if it's a real grail.

The future shipments will make a difference, but also remember most people have been selling their POs. It certainly may hit $2k but if it does it will be a blip and those will get snatched up, the market will go dry again and that's when we'll see prices start to rise again.

Didn't expect a lot are willing to pay close to 3k for these even outside ebay. Before you could make a counter-offer, they get snatched up in a matter of few hours or less than a day. That is considering some of the sellers have several to offer.

Put in an offer on one, more than what i want to pay but i hope they accept it :pray: I seriously willing to sell few comic books and statues to justify this guy.

Whoa! I've never thought of selling any of my comics ...for anything. Especially those from my childhood years. It struck a chord when you said that. Sorry to hear that, man.

Whoa! I've never thought of selling any of my comics ...for anything. Especially those from my childhood years. It struck a chord when you said that. Sorry to hear that, man.

Ha ha...I would consider selling statues to get certain comics (Amazing Fantasy 15 is a life-long goal), but not the other way around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See, now that Pred is one that I wish I could have got for retail (which was still damn expensive)...I missed out and 3k is out of my budget for a single statue...I guess I should act all butt hurt and blame those despicable flippers for robbing me, the true collector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They finally arrived!!! Excellent and fast service from Simply Toys. They were very helpful the whole way and they tried to keep all the costs down as much as possible. Big thanks to them!
I can just say the statue is worth all the hype. Very impressive to say the least. I am looking forward already to the next XM-releases:)

Back