XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes that price is for Black widow. Magneto will be more....Just look at the size of the thing!! Simply toys didnt have a preorder date or price when they replied to my email today. They dont actually know when BW, the piece I have already ordered is out, but think it will be September. So looks like still some time to go to save up for this piece.

This thing looks a masterpiece! I have never really liked X-Men, don't care for Magneto, don't collect comic statues and YET I really want to get this. Is that good.

Definitely, especially after the new WIP pics, gives a much better idea of scale. Fully sculpted is my preference so looks like XM will be my go to company while waiting for SS's offerings. DC trinity was my only exception for fabric pieces, couldn't pass up on Martin Canale sculpts ( Not Canale but WW is exceptional) and luckily I didn't get any pit issues with Bats. Still waiting on Supes. :)

All great choices on the DC front man. I like the line as well but I prefer my stuff fully sculpted too

Side note to price here guys. He should be priced the same as all of their current items. XM had stated somewhere that the price was the same across the board. Hulk is double the size of cap almost and he's priced the same. Shipping will be more expensive of course but I'm pretty sure Mags will.be priced the same as the rest

I've always maintained that i would never buy a statue with the character sitting down (except for Xavier) but i just might make an exception for this one...it's an outstanding looking piece but i'll hold final judgement till i see the paint app

if XM Studios keeps pushing out pieces of this quality then it's bye bye Sideshow for me

I've always maintained that i would never buy a statue with the character sitting down (except for Xavier) but i just might make an exception for this one...it's an outstanding looking piece but i'll hold final judgement till i see the paint app

if XM Studios keeps pushing out pieces of this quality then it's bye bye Sideshow for me

Don't make exceptions for Xavier! Stick to your rules! :lol

This thing looks a masterpiece! I have never really liked X-Men, don't care for Magneto, don't collect comic statues and YET I really want to get this. Is that good.

Intersting. So what had you on this thread in the first place :dunno

Side note to price here guys. He should be priced the same as all of their current items. XM had stated somewhere that the price was the same across the board. Hulk is double the size of cap almost and he's priced the same. Shipping will be more expensive of course but I'm pretty sure Mags will.be priced the same as the rest

I'm gonna hazard a guess here: I think Mags will be priced higher than the rest of their other releases. Edition size is likely to be higher as well, but not amounting to more than 999.

Production costs for Mags are significantly higher and they will be figuring out how best to reconcile the difference. Either a larger ES to keep the price low (but still more costly than their current releases), or maintain the integrity of the ES at a higher price.

I know which one I'd go for. But I don't think my wish would come true :p

Intersting. So what had you on this thread in the first place :dunno

:lol

I was thinking the same thing. I don't bother with threads about things I don't like or have no interest in. :dunno

Well statues in general are an interest of mine. There were pictures of this piece all over facebook and other threads. Just because I don't follow a character doesn't mean I can't appreciate the statue. I don't see what the big deal is. :dunno

I'm not a fan of xmen either but I'm pretty interested in this statue among many other things on this forum.

Man, lets get out of here DF. We can go start our *own* forum. :hi5:

I'm gonna hazard a guess here: I think Mags will be priced higher than the rest of their other releases. Edition size is likely to be higher as well, but not amounting to more than 999.

Production costs for Mags are significantly higher and they will be figuring out how best to reconcile the difference. Either a larger ES to keep the price low (but still more costly than their current releases), or maintain the integrity of the ES at a higher price.

I know which one I'd go for. But I don't think my wish would come true :p

That makes sense. There is a lot of detailing and extras going in this Magneto. The world is buzzing about him. Enough for XM to consider almost doubling the ES though? I dunno. Guess we will find out. I'd probably prefer the ES to be lower and the price to be a little more. Only because I truly believe the higher the production count is the harder it becomes to maintain the higher quality. If they can make 999 all in perfect quality then I'm in full support of it at a discounted price as well. Although regardless I'm extremely confident that mine will show up perfect. Call it a hunch

Well statues in general are an interest of mine. There were pictures of this piece all over facebook and other threads. Just because I don't follow a character doesn't mean I can't appreciate the statue. I don't see what the big deal is. :dunno

I think I know where your coming from. Other then the old school movies I don't have a frigging clue about anything having to do with Red Sonya. Never read her comic or looked at any art. I ordered her on day 1. Sometimes the statue sells itself. I don't need to know anything about her. I just wanted her. That easy. If that's how your rolling with this Mags then have at it brother

I for one hope they keep the ES the same for these initial offerings. Maybe after a few years and an established fan base they can up it a little. If they start going all out with an ES of 1000 now and with the increased price point then it won't justify my purchase anymore.

I haven't bought any Marvel statues in a long time but this Magneto has gotten me really excited. I can't wait to see the completely finished prototype.

I for one hope they keep the ES the same for these initial offerings. Maybe after a few years and an established fan base they can up it a little. If they start going all out with an ES of 1000 now and with the increased price point then it won't justify my purchase anymore.

I haven't bought any Marvel statues in a long time but this Magneto has gotten me really excited. I can't wait to see the completely finished prototype.

I thought someone from XM already said they were increasing ES' for some up coming releases?

Never really pictured myself with a Mags statue. I'm more of a DC guy and Avenger/Spiderman type of guy. Depending on price (as I know XM listens and pays attention) I could see this in my collection. It's the most anticipated I have been for a statue I didn't have on my want list. Keep up the good QC and keep listening to your fans XM, I hope SS is taking notes. Competition is wonderful, it can make both sides strive more towards customer satisfaction.

I'm not a fan of xmen either but I'm pretty interested in this statue among many other things on this forum.

Man, lets get out of here DF. We can go start our *own* forum. :hi5:

haha I was just messing around. Its kind of funny when someone comes on saying they are not into X Men, marvel or Comic statues but they are interested in this. Normally I wouldn't say anything but I assumed XM was a niche offering attracting the attention of hard core fans but I guess I'm wrong. that's good news!

Back