XM Studios - JLA Wonder Woman 1/6 Premium Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speculative Fiction is the only US store that has it up for pre-order right now
https://www.specfictionshop.com/

But these US stores will probably have them up on their webpage soon also..

https://www.secretcompassonline.com/
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/

Based on the XM Joker prices among all 3 stores, Speculative Fiction will probably have the best price for both Wonder Woman and Aquaman also..

Just curious, have you ever bought from Spec fiction? If so, what are your thoughts on them?

I know BBTS are solid, never had an issue with them and I have bought over a dozen items from them (figures, statues). For me, sometimes it's worth paying a bit more to know the customer service you will get is all.

Just curious, have you ever bought from Spec fiction? If so, what are your thoughts on them?

I know BBTS are solid, never had an issue with them and I have bought over a dozen items from them (figures, statues). For me, sometimes it's worth paying a bit more to know the customer service you will get is all.

I can vouch for Spec Fiction. I purchased XM Boba Fett and XM Luke from them and have Poison Ivy and Darth Maul on order. They are friendly, fair and responsive.

I can vouch for Spec Fiction. I purchased XM Boba Fett and XM Luke from them and have Poison Ivy and Darth Maul on order. They are friendly, fair and responsive.

Thanks for sharing. I always have trepidation when buying from someone new unless it's under $50. But good to hear about Spec Fiction.

The last 4 years or so I've probably bought over 20+ statues from him... From XM to Gentle Giant to DC Collectibles, 1:4 up to 1:7 scale... I've never had any problems buying from Todd at Speculative Fiction... Back when XM Magento (Sitting on the Sentinel Hand) statue came out and it sold out in like minutes, he was able to get me one at a fair price... So yeah he's a good guy... I know experiences can very from person to person but that's my personal experience with Speculative Fiction.

Another satisfied SF customer here.

He came through with a Gentle Giant Black Widow for me about five years ago. If I ever decide to get an XM piece, I wouldn't hesitate to go through them.

I appreciate all the feedback. I will pre-order WW from them now and possibly the Batman as well.

Just placed an order on this. I’ve never ordered an XM piece. Can anyone kindly tell me if XM usually deliver on-time by their target release dates or will there most likely be the usual delay like many other companies?

Just placed an order on this. I’ve never ordered an XM piece. Can anyone kindly tell me if XM usually deliver on-time by their target release dates or will there most likely be the usual delay like many other companies?

No delays. However they do release certain pieces in batches. So if the release date is Q1 you could end up getting it in Q2. But that all depends on the technicality of the piece. Hulkbuster and Weapon X are perfect examples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost all companies have delays most of it is caused by factories which is out of their hands... That's why you kind of see vague shipping dates like Q4-Q1 2019, meaning it could come in anytime from October 2018 to March 2019... that's a big window...

I'm torn on this Love it but like the one SS is coming out with. BUT I don't like the SS base. Thought it should look Greco-roman like the XM Studios one.

This one actually made me decide to not go with the SS one. Add in price (way better for XM albeit smaller scale) and XM is not mixed medium, which I am not a fan of personally. The fact I have other 1/6 WW statues helped as well in my case, because this will just fit in better display wise.

I'm torn on this Love it but like the one SS is coming out with. BUT I don't like the SS base. Thought it should look Greco-roman like the XM Studios one.

This one actually made me decide to not go with the SS one. Add in price (way better for XM albeit smaller scale) and XM is not mixed medium, which I am not a fan of personally. The fact I have other 1/6 WW statues helped as well in my case, because this will just fit in better display wise.

I was back and forth on the decision between this XM and the Sideshow one as well but when I finally chose to go with this one, it became crystal clear for the following reasons:

1) The price is lower
2) Less shelf space needed
3) The switch outs are much more AWESOME! The Amazon helmet is fantastic.
Sideshow's Switchout Skirt is NOT need-to-have
4) XM Studios has historically had better Quality Assurance from Proto to Production

which goes HAND in HAND with

5) The Edition Size is sure to be WAY less than Sideshow's Enormous 7500 Edition Size
6) Spec Fiction Shop was really helpful, nice and accommodating with a good payment plan
7) From the sculpt render alone, I knew that this might go down in the TOP 3 Most Well-executed Wonder Woman Statues of all time and there's no way I'm not getting in on it.

All in all, I'll most likely still be getting the Sideshow Wonder Woman down the road as there was a lot of hard work and thought put behind it, particularly the beautiful portrait but I'd still like to wait for Production photos/reviews. Plus, I'd be willing to bet it'll stick around for purchase for a while and by that point, I'll have my fair share of Rewards points to cash in. Anyway, congrats on anyone who decided to support this statue. I'm sure everyone will be pleased when it's out next summer.

Like you, I'll probably end up with both. I do still think her mouth is a bit pouty on the XM piece, but it seems less apparent on the helmeted portrait.

Less pouty and more sulky IMO The helmet does look cool

I was back and forth on the decision between this XM and the Sideshow one as well but when I finally chose to go with this one, it became crystal clear for the following reasons:

1) The price is lower
2) Less shelf space needed
3) The switch outs are much more AWESOME! The Amazon helmet is fantastic.
Sideshow's Switchout Skirt is NOT need-to-have
4) XM Studios has historically had better Quality Assurance from Proto to Production

which goes HAND in HAND with

5) The Edition Size is sure to be WAY less than Sideshow's Enormous 7500 Edition Size
6) Spec Fiction Shop was really helpful, nice and accommodating with a good payment plan
7) From the sculpt render alone, I knew that this might go down in the TOP 3 Most Well-executed Wonder Woman Statues of all time and there's no way I'm not getting in on it.

All in all, I'll most likely still be getting the Sideshow Wonder Woman down the road as there was a lot of hard work and thought put behind it, particularly the beautiful portrait but I'd still like to wait for Production photos/reviews. Plus, I'd be willing to bet it'll stick around for purchase for a while and by that point, I'll have my fair share of Rewards points to cash in. Anyway, congrats on anyone who decided to support this statue. I'm sure everyone will be pleased when it's out next summer.

The SS one will be around for years on both Ebay and SS web site... If you buy a used regular one about a year after release you'll probably save $100-$150

The SS one will be around for years on both Ebay and SS web site... If you buy a used regular one about a year after release you'll probably save $100-$150

Good point, if the SS Wonder Woman drops that much in a couple years I would then add it as well.

Yea, it would've been cool. But maybe its better that it isn't ...since it looks like XM gave her a thong instead of the standard bikini bottom WW usually wears.

It does look like her butt is out more which for Wonder Woman seems odd as I don’t remember her costume ever being like that, I could be wrong though.

Edit: I was wrong.

Attachments

• E03ADC21-DBAA-4848-B37E-7A247D7E5487.jpeg
    E03ADC21-DBAA-4848-B37E-7A247D7E5487.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 131
  • 82205302-720D-49ED-9FB3-83AD6005AB5A.jpeg
    82205302-720D-49ED-9FB3-83AD6005AB5A.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 131
  • CA4EE901-38F6-427C-8A6A-4E2B1C5F78FE.jpeg
    CA4EE901-38F6-427C-8A6A-4E2B1C5F78FE.jpeg
    576.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 4D529CCA-36E5-4ED2-8FD4-D07FB9470A68.jpeg