Statue XM Studios - Hulkbuster 1/4 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's going to be interesting to see how big this piece is. One of the things that always baffled me was when Sideshow Collectibles put out there Hulk and Ironman Hulkbuster statues back in the day. At one point one of the sideshow Representatives said that the Hulkbuster was actually one sixth scale while the Hulk was 1/5 scale. This never added up to me based on the comic in which they got their inspiration from. They were both about the same size in the same bulk and they fought to a standstill. Then all of a sudden it seemed as though Hulkbuster had to be much bigger so as to impose a greater threat or at least equal footing to The Incredible Hulk. Then the movie comes out for Avengers 2 and the Hulkbuster is gigantic. Now we have a possible mixed media issue in that people are expecting the XM Studios statue to be a size representative equal to what sideshow and Avengers 2 said was the actual larger size of the Hulkbuster suit. When in fact in my honest opinion the 1/5 Hulk and 1/5 Hulkbuster statues were very much meant to represent the comic book in which ultimately inspired everything. So it's going to be extremely interesting with all of that confusion to see people say either this piece is too small or too large

It's going to be interesting to see how big this piece is. One of the things that always baffled me was when Sideshow Collectibles put out there Hulk and Ironman Hulkbuster statues back in the day. At one point one of the sideshow Representatives said that the Hulkbuster was actually one sixth scale while the Hulk was 1/5 scale. This never added up to me based on the comic in which they got their inspiration from. They were both about the same size in the same bulk and they fought to a standstill. Then all of a sudden it seemed as though Hulkbuster had to be much bigger so as to impose a greater threat or at least equal footing to The Incredible Hulk. Then the movie comes out for Avengers 2 and the Hulkbuster is gigantic. Now we have a possible mixed media issue in that people are expecting the XM Studios statue to be a size representative equal to what sideshow and Avengers 2 said was the actual larger size of the Hulkbuster suit. When in fact in my honest opinion the 1/5 Hulk and 1/5 Hulkbuster statues were very much meant to represent the comic book in which ultimately inspired everything. So it's going to be extremely interesting with all of that confusion to see people say either this piece is too small or too large

You bring up good points, when I first saw this my thoughts were like everyone's else that this will be 2ft tall blah...

Now after thinking about it, I feel he may not be that large. 1/4 scale compared to what version is the question.

Either way I dont think I'm in for this one because I already bought the IA 1/4 Movie version. If I would have known about this Comic designed one, I would not have bought the IA movie version.

It should be in a semi-kneeling position, the original artwork gives a good idea of the size compared to the emerging Iron Man suit. Imho the height would be something around 30" or less but it's going to take up a ton of space in width and depth too.

Until something is officially announced, I'm just going off of the fact that there is a 1/4 Iron Man armor coming out of the HB. That will put it around 20-21" in height (standing with both legs straight). The 1/4 HB will be big. No doubts there.

I think it's even more interesting to consider whether or not the Iron Man armor piloting the HB will be true quarter-scale, or... will it be a tad small to give the illusion of a larger HB? Time will tell.

XM Hulk Buster Announcement

"XM Studios Hulk Buster is an Events Exclusive product pledged to support event organizers. We will also be deciding final ES based on actual POs collected at Events, capped to max of 999, as opposed to announcing ES right at the beginning.

https://www.xm-studios.com/xm-hulk-buster-announcement!.aspx "

hulkbusterannouncement.jpg

From a height perspective this isn't going to be too big considering IM is kneeling in the HB in the picture above and if IM were standing straight he is essentially the same size as the HB (25 inches maybe?) but width and depth are another story, either way it looks good so far. But XM has no love for Canadians..

From a height perspective this isn't going to be too big considering IM is kneeling in the HB in the picture above and if IM were standing straight he is essentially the same size as the HB (25 inches maybe?) but width and depth are another story, either way it looks good so far. But XM has no love for Canadians..

curious on why you say this? Aside from this being an "exclusive" XM would love to sell their creations to the rest of the world. It is the mouse and competitors who prevent it from happening.

You would just have to try and get one the same way everyone else outside of that area has to. Like I do :)

Looks amazing

curious on why you say this? Aside from this being an "exclusive" XM would love to sell their creations to the rest of the world. It is the mouse and competitors who prevent it from happening.

For me it's because I don't know anyone in the region and have to buy from US resellers. First you have to take into account exchange rate, then the inflated shipping (within US shipping is much cheaper than US to CAN shipping even if it's a shorter distance) and taxes you have to pay.

XM price + US reseller bump in price (mainly because of original shipping/taxes) + shipping cost from US to CAN + taxes/duties = a $1000 US XM piece costing $2000 CAN...

Unless you're loaded, you really have to pick and choose, and focus on grail pieces at those prices. You may also never see a profit if you want to sell one day.

I just don't see how I cant have this in my collection. Seems like an ultimate show piece

Looks good design wise but I really hate the pose, why is he kneeling/sitting with head down like that.

Imagarium art 1/4 hulkbuster is still the definitive piece to own for me. Pray the production piece look as good as the prototypes shown at the Asian comic cons.

Back