Xm Studios Darkness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. BBTS has really been bumping up their prices lately. The Blitzway Marilyn was $360 originally. When they got more stock they bumped it up to $500.

BBTS had better prices on the early XM stuff when they were using a 3rd party. Secret Compass is $1300 and ordering direct with XM was only $1k since I'm a Prestige member. So much for getting a discount with a global license.....yikes.

I think Tsume must have cut them out because they haven't carried the last 2 po offerings.

BBTS had better prices on the early XM stuff when they were using a 3rd party. Secret Compass is $1300 and ordering direct with XM was only $1k since I'm a Prestige member. So much for getting a discount with a global license.....yikes.

I think Tsume must have cut them out because they haven't carried the last 2 po offerings.
Is it still 5 statues to be prestige? If so I guess I should register because I'm already at 8 with 5 more on the way. I hope I end up liking this one. I went back and forth due to the price and the fact that I know next to nothing about the character, but in the end it was too fantastic of a sculpt to pass up. I hope they improve the Witchblade head sculpt because I think that's the only other Top Cow statue I'd get.

BBTS has always been one of the most trustworthy US Retailers I've bought from ....and worked with when there were issues. I believe most of us here have had stellar business relations with them.

I, for one, would give them the benefit of the doubt and think there might be good reason the price is what it is. Its a shame its that high, tho.

This is how it goes for foreign distributors. Here in Europe, Prime1 pieces imported via Sideshow cost over $1400.
WHen statues are imported from abroad, you have to stack the customs fees paid by the importer, then importer's markup on the sale to the retailers like BBTS and then the markup of said retailer - and both pay taxes on their sales.

This is how it goes for foreign distributors. Here in Europe, Prime1 pieces imported via Sideshow cost over $1400.
WHen statues are imported from abroad, you have to stack the customs fees paid by the importer, then importer's markup on the sale to the retailers like BBTS and then the markup of said retailer - and both pay taxes on their sales.

It's not really cause we can clearly see secret compass is cheaper. They are getting it from the same distro too. BBTS just jacked the price up more. It's pretty clear.

Yes I didn't read the part about BBTS increasing price, I thought people were talking of the "standard" 1300 price tag. That's still true for many shops, when their stock gets lower they increase the sale price, especially when stuff is almosf sold out

It's hopeless. Ink banned me for a few weeks when I called him out about the fact that artists and company reps don't post here to avoid people like him. And that's the truth, Macaluso on statueforum made a thread specifically to address this matter and said that Ink is a huge tool for the way he acts towards PCS's products, which is why he avoids this board. Same can be told about XM and even Prime1 stuff. Not even Sideshow guys hang around here, wonder why.

It's hopeless. Ink banned me for a few weeks when I called him out about the fact that artists and company reps don't post here to avoid people like him. And that's the truth, Macaluso on statueforum made a thread specifically to address this matter and said that Ink is a huge tool for the way he acts towards PCS's products, which is why he avoids this board. Same can be told about XM and even Prime1 stuff. Not even Sideshow guys hang around here, wonder why.
Wow, that's crazy. Glad to know I'm not the only one familiar with his behavior. It's amazing that he of all people is a MOD.

I'll never understand why certain people get so angry and defensive anytime someone gives criticism to Sideshow or calls them out on one of the many sleazy things they've done. They might as well be saying 'My dad can beat up your dad!".

I'm glad we have more collectible options to choose from nowadays besides Sideshow, many of which seem to have some real talent and effort put into them, like XM and this statue specifically.

That's a pretty hefty accusation, care to say when Sideshow raised prices on an item as it was selling out?
I don't know about selling out, but I remember back when they put the Berserker Predator bust up for $899(?) and then later changed it to $1199(?).

But that's nothing. They've done far worse.

Offering people $50 partial refunds for damaged $2000 LSFs, sending damaged returns out as "new" items, and recently one individual waited over 2 months for a replacement for his $1200 Maquette, and after all that time, after Sideshow claimed to personally inspect the replacement before sending it out, it still arrived to him with poorly applied pieces and visible glue.

Take your pick.

Back