Xm Studios Darkness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know about selling out, but I remember back when they put the Berserker Predator bust up for $899(?) and then later changed it to $1199(?).

But that's nothing. They've done far worse.

Offering people $50 partial refunds for damaged $2000 LSFs, sending damaged returns out as "new" items, and recently one individual waited over 2 months for a replacement for his $1200 Maquette, and after all that time, after Sideshow claimed to personally inspect the replacement before sending it out, it still arrived to him with poorly applied pieces and visible glue.

Take your pick.

So, wait, what you're saying is you look at their replacement/refund policy as the same thing as raising a price on a pre-order item for those that order late. See I remember the Predator bust too, but no one got it at $899, they said it was a mistake and charged everyone $1199. Which sucks but it does happen. Hell even PCS has had website mistakes and errors, no company is 100% perfect.

However, Sideshow's replacement policy aside, anyone not 100% happy with their purchase can get a full refund. Now I know for those outside the U.S. that is not exactly the case due to customs fees and taxes, but they at least even after they've replaced items for will take it back and give you your money. But never have I heard of them charging one group of people one price during a PO, and then changing that price as the item was getting towards the low side of the ES.

But I also don't find what BBTS is doing shady. They have before, and on some items still do, offer a lower price to those that order early and then up the price as the PO goes along. They did the same thing for the Batman designer Series DKIII statue. Many online retailers do offer that kind of discount for early ordering. Although with this particular statue, I'm not really sure how much of a discount $1350 was.

simpsons.gif

Way too much for that piece. At least with statues like Red Sonja there is a lot more to the base that could constitute an increased price. Not seeing where the "value" comes from with Gamora.

I agree. $450 is too high for Gamora, IMO. $500 is ridiculous.

Found these in the SDCC picture thread, credit to GeneralZodLives for posting.

ae2b66aec21e3361564d155e1488e5c6.png
5f9b54a6cdf699f2b8b743604e454a7a.png
c37f81704c2634948ac0a0966f60fbf8.png
120755a14879061d942f5170231aacf9.png

Just...wow!

Yeah, Zod is killin' it all over the boards posting excellent photos from sdcc. Thanks Zod, you da man!!! Makes me feel like im there..wish!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So, wait, what you're saying is you look at their replacement/refund policy as the same thing as raising a price on a pre-order item for those that order late. See I remember the Predator bust too, but no one got it at $899, they said it was a mistake and charged everyone $1199. Which sucks but it does happen. Hell even PCS has had website mistakes and errors, no company is 100% perfect.

However, Sideshow's replacement policy aside, anyone not 100% happy with their purchase can get a full refund. Now I know for those outside the U.S. that is not exactly the case due to customs fees and taxes, but they at least even after they've replaced items for will take it back and give you your money. But never have I heard of them charging one group of people one price during a PO, and then changing that price as the item was getting towards the low side of the ES.

But I also don't find what BBTS is doing shady. They have before, and on some items still do, offer a lower price to those that order early and then up the price as the PO goes along. They did the same thing for the Batman designer Series DKIII statue. Many online retailers do offer that kind of discount for early ordering. Although with this particular statue, I'm not really sure how much of a discount $1350 was.

What BBTS is doing is called capitalism, while I am not a fan of it I understand why they do it. BBTS is trying to encourage you to order early so they can understand how many they need to order. The great thing about capitalism is an item will not sell if the item is priced to high. Also you can always try to find it cheaper elsewhere.

I have bought from BBTS and they have always been a great company to work with. Also when they up the price its usually due to the market willing to pay more. Look at ebay they gouge you so why should BBTS sell it to you for $1300 when you could buy it and then run to ebay and put it up for $1800.00.

As for the darkness statue I do agree $1500 may be a little to high, but if it sits with BBTS too long they may put it on sale.

Yeah, Zod is killin' it all over the boards posting excellent photos from sdcc. Thanks Zod, you da man!!! Makes me feel like im there..wish!

Thanks, man! Just glad some of them turned out ok. I spent many years living vicariously through other people's pics from SDCC. Trying to pay it forward. :lol

They just released Sandman, are starting to ship out Kraven, next in line should be Mysterio along with Ghost Rider, then Batman. I'd say Q1 2017 is more realistic for Darkness

They just released Sandman, are starting to ship out Kraven, next in line should be Mysterio along with Ghost Rider, then Batman. I'd say Q1 2017 is more realistic for Darkness
Agree.

Back