XM Studios Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right on! I have the same in white and STUVAs also. All we need now is for IKEA to make the single door to replace the TOMBO doors.

Looking good nemenforcer! Great day to reveal Cap to us. Happy 4th bro!

Hell yeah Nemen. Happy 4th brother and what a sick setup you have! Bravo

I'm jealous. I still have to wait but congrats Nem !!!

Nice set-up and a great acquisition, congrats buddy:)

Thanks a lot guys. Im really excited about him. the whole process from unboxing to displaying was incredible. I'm very satisfied with the quality, artistic depiction and overall presence. I don't normally post pics of my collection but I really did like this and wanted to take a pic with several other PF's in the background so you could get an idea of the presence he has as well as how he compares to a wide range of SS statues. I love this statue. It's perfect!

That's a great statue and a great collection you have there. Might I inquire where you got your shelves? I'm running out of room and those are perfect.

I'm sure he got him yesterday and is probably getting around to taking and posting pics today. Great timing, I must say.

They look like IKEA Bestas to me.

Exactly. They are white Bestas. They are perfect for displaying 1/4 scale statues. I have a few more on another wall in that room. Great space managers. At the same time you better have a big room.
Oh, and I received him yesterday, just in time for the Fourth :yess:

Hey Nem, is the head portrait small on this? I keep looking at it and it looks like a 1:5 head on a 1:4 body.

Your set up looks nice Nem. I don't even know what to do anymore now that the Tombo glass doors are gone. I guess I'll just have to line up a bunch of Bestas like that and dust everything weekly. I'm sure the dust doesn't look as bad on the white. I've already committed to black though. If only they could make bigger Detolfs! Dammit! I'm even fine with having just two statues in each one but the bars on the inside where there's no shelf resting on it bother me too much.

Hey Nem, is the head portrait small on this? I keep looking at it and it looks like a 1:5 head on a 1:4 body.

Nah, not at all. Remember your seeing a lot of foreshortening in the pics. His fist with the flag is very forward and his head is at the back of the sculpt.

Your set up looks nice Nem. I don't even know what to do anymore now that the Tombo glass doors are gone. I guess I'll just have to line up a bunch of Bestas like that and dust everything weekly. I'm sure the dust doesn't look as bad on the white. I've already committed to black though. If only they could make bigger Detolfs! Dammit! I'm even fine with having just two statues in each one but the bars on the inside where there's no shelf resting on it bother me too much.

I'll be honest. The tombo doors were very expensive for the amount of statues I have. There is more than what is seen in that pic. I concluded I wanted my statues in the open because I am constantly adjusting them and I love going in my room and seeing everything in the open. Also, you don't see the gaming center. I like playing at night and letting the game light bounce off everything. With doors it just reflects out the view. Dusting isn't really much of an issue and certainly doesn't happen on a weekly basis. At the same time because I enjoy open items I have started getting rid of a lot of my cloth heavy PF's. The fabric just isn't to my liking and I worry what will happen over time. I also keep the Bestas open because the Tombo doors don't always work well since some of SS items are very tall. Very inconvenient imo. Superman and Batman...errr. But I also have some other larger items that I use to weigh down the bottom shelves. Anyway, I could rant all day. Just my perspective.

Yeah the Tombo doors aren't the greatest but that's all there is. They're really hard for me to get on straight pretty much impossible I gave up on it. I'll look into the Vassbo ones

I couldn't help myself after catching up and reading all the posts.

I own the Apoc PF and can 100% tell anyone the paint job on Cap not only is better than Apoc, it blows it out the water. It really does. The Apoc is still a great statue but the paint job is lacking.

Now this makes me less excited waiting for Apo :gah:

Now this makes me less excited waiting for Apo :gah:

Trust me, if the paint apps and QC hold up on your Apocalypse, you will be very excited. No other SSC piece released this year commands more presence than Apocalypse. He's a straight BEAST. No way you'll stop looking at him when he comes in. Hopefully, QC issues won't stop you from enjoying this incredible piece.

Trust me, if the paint apps and QC hold up on your Apocalypse, you will be very excited. No other SSC piece released this year commands more presence than Apocalypse. He's a straight BEAST. No way you'll stop looking at him when he comes in. Hopefully, QC issues won't stop you from enjoying this incredible piece.

I agree. I am a huge X-Men fan and longtime collector and I am very happy with him. I returned the Sharon PF a few months ago because I wasn't feeling the paint or expression. Apocalypse certainly made up for that in my collection. Very beastly. Very intimidating. Very fun to look at. You should b worried about where you will display him

I agree. I am a huge X-Men fan and longtime collector and I am very happy with him. I returned the Sharon PF a few months ago because I wasn't feeling the paint or expression. Apocalypse certainly made up for that in my collection. Very beastly. Very intimidating. Very fun to look at. You should b worried about where you will display him

No doubt. I was surprised when I couldn't fit Apoc in my Besta. Massive piece.

No one touches the almighty Galactus!!!!! Wait....did that come out this year...or was that late last year?

I couldn't help myself after catching up and reading all the posts.

I own the Apoc PF and can 100% tell anyone the paint job on Cap not only is better than Apoc, it blows it out the water. It really does. The Apoc is still a great statue but the paint job is lacking.

Was really hoping someone that had both would chime in. I have have them both as well and it's not even a fair comparison. Different leagues altogether. It's not that SS doesn't have the same abilities at times. Apoc was Defintely not their best work in the paint department.

Was really hoping someone that had both would chime in. I have have them both as well and it's not even a fair comparison. Different leagues altogether. It's not that SS doesn't have the same abilities at times. Apoc was Defintely not their best work in the paint department.

Yeah, I don't own the piece (XM Cap) but based off pics alone and the Apoc PF I have, there really is no comparing the 2 pieces paint apps wise. The XM Cap's paint apps looked pretty stellar to me.

Back