XM Studios 1/4 Doctor Strange Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can understand that. I will admit the capes on SS (pics shown in this thread) do look great/better, but overall I don't think I can agree that ss does a consistent total/complete better job than xm.

At the end of the day it's going to take more than a bubbly cape to not make me want to purchase a statue. Looking at both strange and mysterio they are both no brainer pick ups, if you like the character and have they money available to spend.

I can understand that. I will admit the capes on SS (pics shown in this thread) do look great/better, but overall I don't think I can agree that ss does a consistent total/complete better job than xm.

At the end of the day it's going to take more than a bubbly cape to not make me want to purchase a statue. Looking at both strange and mysterio they are both no brainer pick ups, if you like the character and have they money available to spend.

I'l agree with you on Mysterio, I think he looks fantastic, The unmasked head is a little odd looking but who is going to use that anyway? On Strange I dislike the face/head sculpt. There's a few things off about it and that's just throw the entire piece off for me.

I wasn't sold on the pose for dr.strange (I voted for one of the others back when he was announced) but I am quite happy with the final product. The light up is a nice touch and I doubt any other company will be making a 1/4 version any time soon.

I'l agree with you on Mysterio, I think he looks fantastic, The unmasked head is a little odd looking but who is going to use that anyway? On Strange I dislike the face/head sculpt. There's a few things off about it and that's just throw the entire piece off for me.

Face sculpts haven't been XM's strong suit. I think most can agree, but aside from that they generally hit a home run with everything else. I think the entire idea of xm's strange is great. Light up eye feature, floating pose using his cape, and the pedestal with book. I'm really hoping at some point Strange gets the hawkey/antman treatment and his price drops.

First release in Thailand - XM Dr. Strange from Minjae Yoon.

13103545_1132443216805942_4710927252148852419_n.jpg

13103341_1132443220139275_9198673458842722210_n.jpg

I skipped PO on Strange. I hope when I get the money I can score one. With the movie coming and the pics, my love grows everyday. Strangely now I want him so badly.

The pedestal and base looks great on Strange, but something about the actual character sculpt looks odd, it doesn't have the same level that matches the rest IMO. It actually kind of reminds me of the XM Hulk, I think it might be sculpted by the same guy.

---

Last edited:
Back