XM Studios 1/4 Classic Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Erick Sosa just posted on FB that he left XM studios. Did not seem like it was a friendly departure.

Yeah. I saw one of his latest posts today. Really touching post about being hard work, being respectful, and having integrity. He truly is one of the good guys in this industry. It's hard not to infer that some of what was mentioned may not have happened with XM. I have my theories, but I do wish Eric and XM all the best in their respective paths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. I saw one of his latest posts today. Really touching post about being hard work, being respectful, and having integrity. He truly is one of the good guys in this industry. It's hard not to infer that some of what was mentioned may not have happened with XM. I have my theories, but I do wish Eric and XM all the best in their respective paths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know Erick will keep rocking. I hope XM continues with their current standard of excellence.

I think Erick is so interesting and unique, but I think there is a lot lacking in the nuance of many of his sculpts. A stlylistic difference that sometimes works and sometimes do not. That isn't a knock on his work, I like most of it.

Hah. XM has a lot of talent creating from them. They'll be fine.

:exactly:

It's just people that would love to see XM fail. No idea why people are like that. They bring us amazing things we like to collect and you want them to go away? :slap

I don't believe I've ever seen even the most roided up bodybuilders with legs like that. It's defn too much

Yeah, that's definitely over the top. I understand it's a comic book character and they can have some unusual features, but it's distracting.

:exactly:

It's just people that would love to see XM fail. No idea why people are like that. They bring us amazing things we like to collect and you want them to go away? :slap

Because it burns. They can't order easily, they can't order for a reasonable price, they're not used to move their a--es to get what they want, so they just want to see it fail so they can stop being envious. Same people that went crazy because PCS statues sold out quickly, just with a 100x magnitude because XM pieces are even more limited (harder to obtain) and come from a popular license like Marvel.

Because it burns. They can't order easily, they can't order for a reasonable price, they're not used to move their a--es to get what they want, so they just want to see it fail so they can stop being envious. Same people that went crazy because PCS statues sold out quickly, just with a 100x magnitude because XM pieces are even more limited (harder to obtain) and come from a popular license like Marvel.

That sounds about right.

n6bq8Db.gif

I don't believe I've ever seen even the most roided up bodybuilders with legs like that. It's defn too much

It is based on the hyper anatomy of the Marvel vs Capcom sprites, and the style was dictated by the commissioner so Eric was doing what he was being payed to do.

Creative differences. Both sides thanked the other on SF.

Judging by what Erick had to say on FB there is far more to it. However, he never got into specifics, but his comments were very targeted.

People love the drama even when there isn't any. :lol

I've even seen people saying this will be the end of XM. :rotfl Yeah sure it will.

This won't be the end of XM, but they have taken WAY to many hits as of late. There has been a **** load of crap goi g on that just isn't good. They need to stabilize this all out, and I was hoping Erick could help.

Last edited:
Judging by what Erick had to say on FB there is far more to it. However, he never got into specifics, but his comments were very targeted.
Obviously. But who cares besides high school gossip queens? They split amicably and they're done. Next.

This won't be the end of XM, but they have taken WAY to many hits as of late. There has been a **** load of crap goi g on that just isn't good. They need to stabilize this all out, and I was hoping Erick could help.

Not worried, plenty of grand slams coming from XM. If you're that worried there's other companies to choose from.

Obviously. But who cares besides high school gossip queens? They split amicably and they're done. Next.

Not worried, plenty of grand slams coming from XM. If you're that worried there's other companies to choose from.

I actually care because I have been looking for more 1/4 scale sculpts from Erick to be made by XM. I SO wanted a 1/4 scale Hulk and Spidey made by him and produced by XM. However, when I saw his 1/4 private commission Spidey I figured the writing was on the wall.

Until XM showed up I was done with the 1/4 comic statues, they brought me back.

I know many others who feel the same.

A quick glance at the buzz/demand for upcoming items shows XM will be fine going forward.

I actually care because I have been looking for more 1/4 scale sculpts from Erick to be made by XM. I SO wanted a 1/4 scale Hulk and Spidey made by him and produced by XM. However, when I saw his 1/4 private commission Spidey I figured the writing was on the wall.

He does private work so why not just email him directly? :huh

Until XM showed up I was done with the 1/4 comic statues, they brought me back.

I know many others who feel the same.

A quick glance at the buzz/demand for upcoming items shows XM will be fine going forward.

:goodpost: Agreed.

He does private work so why not just email him directly? :huh

:goodpost: Agreed.

I talk to Erick on a semi regular basis. He'd probably just tell me to sculpt it myself. In the end I guess I just wanted to have some of my favorite characters done by one oft favorite sculptors, and then wrap it all up in an XM bow... Lol.

It's too bad but not a big deal. XM will do just fine anyhow. They produce some amazing craftsmanship. I have two of their statues and got 3 on preorder. They have me hooked.

And now they have the Star Wars and Witchblade licenses to boot.

It's too bad but not a big deal. XM will do just fine anyhow. They produce some amazing craftsmanship. I have two of their statues and got 3 on preorder. They have me hooked.

And now they have the Star Wars and Witchblade licenses to boot.

When you lose an artist of Erick's caliber and reputation it is a big deal.

Back