XM Studios 1/4 Classic Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The monotooth and lip color bothers me, I'm hoping to hear soon from XM about this. I don't have this on order but went very near buying it, three of my friends got it so I'm hoping for them to receive a top notch piece.

That said, one thing that speaks volumes here is how quickly multiple people bothered to bring up this issue on the boards and Facebook groups... yet no one had the guts to post it directly on XM's Facebook page (that is, until now, I just did it) asking for a clarification. Really makes you understand how some people criticize just to criticize, instead than for genuine interest.

The factory CLEARLY missed the separation on the bottom two middle teeth. You can faintly see the sculpted line that they didn't paint. That's basic human anatomy and I hope it's addressed and fixed. And the lipstick color is all sorts of wrong, but I'm more or less hoping that it's just these shots as the pics taken from the Con show a much better, natural color.

Keep us posted on what they say.

Not much to say so far, XM replied that the anatomy is correct posting a pic with misaligned teeth, I pointed out that misaligned teeth and crooked teeth are common, while a single fused monotooth is simply not correct. You can check it on Facebook btw, it's on their page.
I too hope that the sculpt has the separation between teeth, it would be a super easy fix on their side and improve the statue a lot.

The tooth was brought up way back and they posted pics of them correcting the issue. I'm a bit shocked they went back on the dental "fix".

I never would have noticed the tooth thing but now that it's been pointed out I find it a hilarious oversight.

....... but wolverine is shipping, correct? Is there time to fix?

One small batch of wolverines is shipping. Probably only the first 50. Who knows if they'll fix the later batches or not, depends on if they think it's a problem.

lol, I only owe you whatever XM sends you :)

If you want a refund, I'll happily sell it for several hundred more in a week when everyone is tripping over them to get one :) :) ;)

Ouchyyyy hahaha

Kenny posted more pics and the tooth does have separation. Basically just needs a dab of shadow painted in. The lip thing doesn't bother me. One thing that has always bothered me but I don't really care about is the unmasked non screaming head...that head is just blah. But I will NEVER display with that head so I really don't care. I am just crazy psyched for this and Phoenix...bring it!!! :rock:rock:rock

Kenny posted more pics and the tooth does have separation. Basically just needs a dab of shadow painted in. The lip thing doesn't bother me. One thing that has always bothered me but I don't really care about is the unmasked non screaming head...that head is just blah. But I will NEVER display with that head so I really don't care. I am just crazy psyched for this and Phoenix...bring it!!! :rock:rock:rock
Same here. I feel very fortunate to have snagged Magneto Phoenix and Wolverine. If that's all I get I will be satisfied and my X collection will be complete

Mark still hasn't contacted me about my Black Widow...

Mark contacted me, I paid for Hawkeye and Wolverine. They will come with the Mags I paid for 4 weeks ago... I can't fit that many XM boxes in my car....

Mark contacted me, I paid for Hawkeye and Wolverine. They will come with the Mags I paid for 4 weeks ago... I can't fit that many XM boxes in my car....

Nice. Glad he is still kicking. Hopefully I hear from him soon.

I'm not sure if he has a Hawkeye for me though. We discussed it and he said he did but I don't think I paid a deposit so I don't know if one was set aside or not.

What will come first from Mark... wolverine or black widow lol

XM responded on their facebook page that they will double check monotooth so if you guys are worried about lips and arm hair we should keep pushing, maybe they will make changes to future patches.

Sigh, do they even look at the pictures they share? :slap All the drama.

I don't get why it is such a big deal to you Chris if some of us trying to make this piece look even more amazing than it is now?

Obiviously there are issues with teeth and lips and many people find arm hairs looking like scales. Just wondering why is that problem for you? We know XM is always open to feedback and have made changes according to it in many cases previously. If you think these suggested fixes are making statue worse than before (you like red lipstick and monotooth for example :) ), I understand. But if otherwise, please allow at least others trying to keep this looking as close to prototype. Always worth a try.

Monotooth issue was already fixed by XM at one point previously when people point that out, but now it is there again - no idea why...

I don't get why it is such a big deal to you Chris if some of us trying to make this piece look even more amazing than its now. Obiviously there are issues with teeth and lips, and many people find arm hairs look like scales. Just wondering why is that problem for you? We know XM is always open to feedback and have made changes in many cases previously. If you think these suggested fixes are making statue worse than before (you like red lipstick and monotooth for example :) ), I understand. But if otherwise, please allow at least others trying to keep this looking as close to prototype. Always worth a try.

Monotooth issue was already fixed by XM at one point previously when people point that out, but now it is there again - no idea why...

I honestly have NO CLUE what you are on about. Of course I want them to fix the monotooth and the lipstick. Are you kidding me? You clearly didn't understand my post.

It's cool that XM releases teasers and casual images of their WIP. But often these lead to a lot of speculation, scrutiny and drama. That's why I would wish that XM put more thought into what they choose to share. Look at the small details and actually realize that he has a monotooth before they show it to the world. All the community gets in the end is drama and complaints. Which is sad.

Dude...

I honestly have NO CLUE what you are on about. Of course I want them to fix the monotooth and the lipstick. Are you kidding me? You clearly didn't understand my post.

It's cool that XM releases teasers and casual images of their WIP. But often these lead to a lot of speculation, scrutiny and drama. That's why I would wish that XM put more thought into what they choose to share. Look at the small details and actually realize that he has a monotooth before they show it to the world. All the community gets in the end is drama and complaints. Which is sad.

Dude...

I apologize you Chris, I clearly misunderstand your post. :cuckoo: :slap

Have a nice day!

Back