WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2009

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I only bought one of the Smackdown games but didn't care much for it. I LOVED the old wrestling games for the N64 especially No Mercy. I wish we could get an updated version of that game with the same style gameplay.

I am pretty interested in seeing how the Legends of Wrestlemania game turns out as those wrestlers will be the ones I grew up watching.

I'll be getting at, and as Far as no one playing SVR o8 on ps3 I'm not sure what you're smoking but tons of people still play that online on ps3 as we speak.

I'll be getting at, and as Far as no one playing SVR o8 on ps3 I'm not sure what you're smoking but tons of people still play that online on ps3 as we speak.

Is that true?Well 2 months after i bought the game last year i was lucky if 1 or 2 would join my game after waiting for up to 1 hour,did i search for a match maybe 1 or 2 matches.

I know people hang online on the 360,since the gameplay has a few advantages.

Im looking forward to THQ`s newest project,the UFC game,the graphics looks to be the same type as SVR 08/09 and the gameplay seems to be similar too,not exactly realistic moves but we`ll see,the previous ufc games was as bad as it gets.

Old School Wrestlers >>>>>>>>> New Wrestlers you never play anyway lol.

Totally agree.

I will say though back in the mid 90's the WCW had it going with the original NWo and then the Wolf Pack. Hall and Nash were awesome. Too bad Scott Hall could not control his drinking.

Totally agree.

I will say though back in the mid 90's the WCW had it going with the original NWo and then the Wolf Pack. Hall and Nash were awesome. Too bad Scott Hall could not control his drinking.

Pee on NWO they were just a ripoff of the best.:D

zkk9_4horsemen.jpg

Pee on NWO they were just a ripoff of the best.:D

zkk9_4horsemen.jpg

And who was the best? The Horsemen?

Edit, the pic didn't come through when I first replied :lol

The NWO was WAY cooler though...Well, the Wolfpac was anyway.

got TNA impact today for ps3,its alot of fun,the graphics are pretty good,and the gameplay is great,looks so realistic,allthough the online mode sucks,its only 1 on 1 matches,which is pretty booring,and it didnt even work,something wrong with the server.

The gameplay is totally different than the Smackdown games,its more the gameplay legends of wrestling had,but ALOT of opportunities,the tricks looks way cooler than the smackdown vs raw tricks,since they copied real moves from each tna superstar.

Overall Smackdown vs Raw has a better feeling of playing than tna impact,yeah sure the tna tricks looks cool,but gets quickly boored with it,you feel more alive in Smackdown vs Raw,more free to do whatever you want,more opportunities,easy gameplay to fall in love with,but Tna Impact is very promising.
Im sure the next years tna would totally be a game worth playing for a long time.

Thanks for the review. I might have to pick it up. I was wored because I had read reports of quite a few glitches.

Possibly an easy 1000 achievement points this year

Congrats are in order 10
Win an Exhibition match.

Smokin' 20
Defeat Kane in an Inferno Match.

Create A Finisher 10
Defeat an opponent using a Created Finisher in a match.

A brawl to end them all 30
Win in both a Locker Room Brawl and Backstage Brawl.

Cena Story 20
Complete Cena's story in Road to WrestleMania mode.

Triple H Story 40
Complete Triple H's DX and Evolution route in Road to WrestleMania mode.

Undertaker Story 20
Complete Undertaker's story in Road to WrestleMania mode.

Chris Jericho Story 20
Complete Chris Jericho's story in Road to WrestleMania mode.

Mysterio & Batista Story 40
Complete Mysterio & Batista's story in Road to WrestleMania mode using both Superstars.

Bonus Collector 150
Obtain all bonuses in Road to WrestleMania mode.

Gold Rush 60
In Career mode, win every WWE Championship at least once.

A year in the life 100
Complete 1 year of Career Mode playing each match.

Unstoppable 60
Use a created Superstar and obtain 6 abilities in Career Mode.

5 Hall of Famers 100
In Career mode, induct 5 Superstars to the Hall of Fame.

Secret Achievements

Secret Achievement 30
Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement.
Secret Achievement 30
Secret Achievement 200
Secret Achievement 60

The demo is out on PS3 store in europe.

ive tested it and its better than last year,to counter an attack isnt so easy which was a big problem on SVR08,allthough the gameplay is basically the same as svr08.
Im not getting it,i played these smackdown games ever since Just bring it on Ps2 and up to SVR 07 on xbox 360,im done with these games,the changes they did on 08 was terrible and its no fun playing anymore.

Bought it. A few years back I got hooked on the CAW mode, sort of like creating custom figures lol. But yea, the game's graphics are the best yet, although it feels like the exact same game as 2008. I always hope for new CAW items, but there are not many in this installment. The music is better, but they seriously went light on the entrance animations. I also understand their new Legends game resulted in them not giving us any legends in this one, but I haven't watched wrestling since 1999, so I have no idea who these wannabes are in the game, and much rather unlock Stone Cold or The Rock. I give the game a 7/10.

Back