Would you buy SSC Max Rebo Band made in vinyl like Jabba?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy SSC Max Rebo Band made in vinyl like Jabba?

• YES

Votes: 85 78.7%
  • NO

Votes: 23 21.3%

• Total voters
the Max Rebo band is one of my top 10 MUST HAVE list. I always pray Sideshow makes these. ROTJ is my fav of them all.

I should have that GG version of the band coming my way at xmas...personally i think it'll look pretty awesome as an addition to my Jabba set up...just need the Han in Carbonara dio and pick up a cheap Leia as Bush figure then i'm good to go yo

I've got pretty much everything except C3PO...Absolutely GUTTED Kotos came out like a midget

Last edited:
Absolutely!
I loved the Rebo Band as a kid, still do even after George took a piss on it in the special additions.

If Sideshow really does make these guys. Considering $100 for each figure, maybe another $200 for their instruments. All in all, that would probably add up to a whopping $500, might just deter some. Having said this, I will definitely buy them if they are ever produced.:lol

I don't think there's any way they would cost that much. Certainly not for vinyl figures of the sort that Sideshow has made for some of Jabba's retinue.

Hope you don't mean the SE versions of the Max Rebo band in that statement, because that's all LFL will approve, figures based on the 1983 puppets would never get a pass.

In that case, I pass. Yuzzum (or whatever the hell he's called) was the horrible precursor to Jar Jar. I hate him and everything related to "Jedi Rocks" including the silly, way-too-colorful background dancers that look more like BABYLON 5 characters than anything that should have infected the SW OT.

:emperor

I would, however, buy 1:6 figures of the original Max Rebo Band. :lecture

I don't think there's any way they would cost that much. Certainly not for vinyl figures of the sort that Sideshow has made for some of Jabba's retinue.

You are right, I forgot that the organ is the only complicated piece among the musical instruments. I guess I can still safely say that this set will probably be in the price range of $300.:eek:

In that case, I pass. Yuzzum (or whatever the hell he's called) was the horrible precursor to Jar Jar. I hate him and everything related to "Jedi Rocks" including the silly, way-too-colorful background dancers that look more like BABYLON 5 characters than anything that should have infected the SW OT.

:emperor

I would, however, buy 1:6 figures of the original Max Rebo Band. :lecture

Well, i don't think SSC would go so far as to make Yuzzum, but I do think Sy Snootles and, Max Rebo and the other guy would have to be made to their SE designs is what I was implying with my last statement, and some purists wouldn't even accept Sy in her SE design and would only take the 1983 puppet look.

As for comments about these guys costing $100, no way, not if they're holo vinyl figures, maybe $70-$80 each.

As for comments about these guys costing $100, no way, not if they're holo vinyl figures, maybe $70-$80 each.

Gosh, what am I saying.:confused:
For a while I was thinking in Singapore currency, which is usually at S$1=US$0.66.
$70-$80 for each figure sounds reasonable.:lol

Enoug with the Jabba set-up! There's more than enough other characters in the SW universe SSC could do.

True, and I'd like to see those touched upon too, but at the same time, a Gamorrean Guard, Skiff Lando, Slave Leia and the Max Rebo band are really the last defining, absent figures from the Jabba setup. They're so close to completing a cool, small collection of figures with the Jabba gang, I'd like to see it concluded rather than left incomplete to half complete other "collections" within the line.

We still need Weequay to make Jabba's Palace complete.

I vote Weequay!!

I voted yes but only if they are the original characters and only if the price on them is cheap. These would be vinyl figures so paying anything over $30 (not counting their musical instruments) would be ridiculous. It's a molded piece of vinyl and not an intricate figure with different materials being used. Give us the 3 characters shown prior, with their instruments, for say $100-$120 tops and I'd be in.

(And I don't even have the Jabba setup...)

Enoug with the Jabba set-up! There's more than enough other characters in the SW universe SSC could do.

Agreed. Besides, let's not forget that the band garnered another lead singer and three back-up singers in the SE so do we really know who we'd get? Besides, with Sideshow's current dine-n-ditch habit, we'd likely get a vinyl Droopy and Lyn (as an Aayla repaint) and the rest would be "put on hold" ...indefinitely.

Back