Would you buy SSC figures of the original nine Joes from 1982?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy SSC figures of the original 1982 Joes?

• Total voters
I would buy them all if they were $45-50. I wish Sideshow would go back to their old prices. I have Wyatt Earp and Billy the Kid, both were $45 each and well worth it. I just think $100 -150 is a lot for a figure, especially one as plain as the original 9 Joes.

That'd be great. Would you also take a reduction in the value of your home? Say, deduct 10 years worth of equity? How about a reduced salary at work? How about they pay you what the average entry-level position in 2001 paid. Hell, if I could pay my employees a 2001 salary, that'd rock :rock!! :lol Unfortunately, as much as we hate inflation, we brought it on ourselves. :(

Sad thing is you could probably kitbash/customize most of them from existing headsculpts and gear.Only ones you might have a problem with are Scarlett and Flash.Though there are plenty of people out there who do commissions for sewing the outfits you'd need.

Original 9? I'd buy the original 13 if they did them to reflect how they looked on the cards. I think Steeler, Clutch and especially Grandslam had some unique looks going and need 1/6 scale representation. A Hawk figure in the original style would be nice but a little out of place as his look has changed over the years. The original Hawk looked like Duke in the comics and was a blonde. The '86 Hawk, which is more recognizable, would probably be the figure they make.

I think I had most of them when I bought them back when they were first released. Today most of them are just generic. Snake Eyes and Scarlett are the stand-outs of the bunch and SE is already out, so I can't wait until Scarlett comes out. SS better do her justice and I hope they release Duke, Flint, Roadblock, Lady J, Shipwreck, Zartan, Baroness, Destro, and Serpentor.

That'd be great. Would you also take a reduction in the value of your home? Say, deduct 10 years worth of equity? How about a reduced salary at work? How about they pay you what the average entry-level position in 2001 paid. Hell, if I could pay my employees a 2001 salary, that'd rock :rock!! :lol Unfortunately, as much as we hate inflation, we brought it on ourselves. :(

I understand inflation, but they more than doubled the price. Why not $65-75. That might be more reasonable than $100-125. Save costs on packaging and give is blister cards! Really bring it back!!

I understand inflation, but they more than doubled the price. Why not $65-75. That might be more reasonable than $100-125. Save costs on packaging and give is blister cards! Really bring it back!!

:nono Blister cards are not collector friendly. I don't save my boxes for resale purposes, I save them so that when I move, change up my display or am doing some customizing, my figures and their accessories have a nice, safe and easily identifiable home to stay in during the process. You don't have that luxury with blister cards.

I aplogize for being "late" with my reply.

My answer/reply . . .

"Does a bear dump in the woods?"

HELL YES . . . I would buy them provided they worthwhile in terms of design and quality.

Back