Would you Accept extended CGI enhanced Saber fights being added to the OT Blu-Rays?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you Accept extended CGI enhanced Saber fights being added to the OT Blu-Rays?

• Yes, I could Handle it...

Votes: 44 36.1%
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Votes: 78 63.9%

• Total voters
Enough with the modifications and extra discs, invest in a good box for collectors, is the same box as the Alien saga, where's the creativity?, I'm really surprised, I expected a box like the saga deserves, lucas you're a miser.

I'm certainly in the minority on this one but I do feel that the lightsaber duel in A New Hope was rather dull. I am pretty sure that whole scene can be reshot with live actors and a little CGI would have to be used to replace the actor standing in for Ben with Alec Guinness' face. The duels in Empire and Jedi are clearly have more energy that the one in New Hope - there is no need for "twirling" (as some fear) as no "twirling" was present in Empire OR Jedi and those battles came out just fine and a heck of a lot more exciting. The reason that Ben is old and Vader half machine is no excuse at all since Dooku was old, heck even Yoda was pushing 800 years old, and Grievous was also half robot. They all did just fine with their duels. I think just amp up the excitement and choreography a bit and this would be a great scene.
Now, in A New Hope Ben and Darth used two hands to hold the sabers at all times - if I remember correctly Lucas ORIGINALLY (back in the 70's) said that the Lightsabers were so heavy and full of energy that the wielder of the blade had to use two hands to keep the saber under control...obviously he changed his mind about THAT once Empire came out. All of the other five films show the Jedis can hold the saber with just one hand easily - I think the duel in A New Hope SHOULD be reshot allowing the actors to really do something exciting. I mean come ON this is a sword fight after all - whoever heard of a BLAND BORING swordfight!?

Back