World of Warcraft Deathwing Polystone Statue Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might help with scale.
SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Thursday-200.jpg

Good side to this statue is the fact the Blizzard art is behind it. Looking at how other Blizzard based IPs have come out; Raynor, Tychus, Diablo, Arthas, I cant image this coming out poorly.

Price will be my only issue...well and space, but I can make that work.

I really hope they make the wings of a material that doesn't break or chip easily. This looks really big.

the wings on the Blade/Dracula dio are pretty thin and even a little translucent and i was surprised how durable they are

I'd say 1k if we are lucky... which would rule me out. Dang, it looks beautuful though.

I can only imagine the size of the box for this beast...to box this guy up must be quite a task.

I can only imagine the size of the box for this beast...to box this guy up must be quite a task.

Deathwing's color scheme is similar to Diablo's if you want to visualize it. Deathwing is also full of internal magma and has a huge spot on his chest that is open a bit. They could actually light him up just like they have on the Diablo PF. They have a lot of similarities, aesthetically speaking.

P.S. I've met a killed Deathwing quite a bit and he is a beast. Savior of Azeroth here.

This statue is very impressive. Can't wait to see it painted.

Only problem is that....I can't ****ing stand Blizzard's dragon designs. They look awful imo. Especially the extremely short, pug/bull dog-like heads. Deathwing suffers from this as well as most if not all of the aspect dragons.

The only dragon designs they've made that I like are the Proto-drakes. It would be amazing to see SS make a statue of one. Or perhaps even have a specific race/class character riding one. The only thing I'd change on the proto-drakes is the arms. I'd completely get rid of them, making the proto's full-blown wyverns.

But yeah, this will be very tempting regardless of my dislike for the head design. Love the fact that they're using Stormwind as the base.

Can't wait to see the (hopefully) inevitable Illidan statue. Or perhaps Sylvanas.

I like Deathwing's design because he's a fusion of flesh, metal, and magma. Some of Blizz's dragons are lame, but yea, the proto-drake is cool and so are the ice wyrms. Onxyia/Nefarion too.

I like Deathwing's design because he's a fusion of flesh, metal, and magma. Some of Blizz's dragons are lame, but yea, the proto-drake is cool and so are the ice wyrms. Onxyia/Nefarion too.

The frost wyrms are one of my favorites! I never played WoW but this piece does look rather incredible!

Forgot about the frost wyrms. They're probably my favorite followed by the protos. They look like real dragons...

Forgot about the frost wyrms. They're probably my favorite followed by the protos. They look like real dragons...

According to Warcraft III lore Frost Wyrms are 'normal' dragons corrupted by the Undead. I like them best because they remind me of that awesome game. Reminds me, time to pick it up again. :wink1:

This statue is going to be insane. I have a feeling it will not be released until like 2016 though.

Back