Wonder Woman 1984 - June 5, 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
China is open....does that mean people are willing to go the the cinema??
If they open in my neck of the woods I wont go to see any movie while this pandemic is on going.

Me either. Hate it as luv the theater experience - especially Alamo Drafthouse - but ain't worth it.:(

Not only they have an update on HBOMAX today but they gave me a release date for streaming

Tomorrow..Christmas Day of course ..12 pm est

I guess they wanted to make sure everyone is awake for the premiere :lol

Streaming is just not ready for theatrical releases on their platform.

Mine as well as my neighbors all have stuttering frame drop issues with WW84.

We have wired connected internet at expensive faster speeds! :slap

As soon as I switch over to my sons cartoon the stuttering stops!

Now imagine if two or three blockbuster movies were opening on streaming platforms in the same weekend.

Good luck with that.

just finished streaming

Patty is a queen of making these WW films so emotional and inspirational IMO

The world needs the message of this film at a time like this. I can’t believe that the timing of this film is perfect for how the world is experiencing right now.

It’s such an Erie coincidence :horror

IMO both WW films can still give us faith that DCU can still shine when it needs too

Great job by Patty making both WW films seem completely different from each other :clap

Gal is our WW now and the future, no denying it anymore and I hope Patty stays as director for future WW films :lecture

Just finished it. All around a giant "meh".

Its biggest problem is that the editing leans into the comedy a lot more heavy handedly than the first film, so what should have been the truly sincere tone carried over from the first film comes across as saccharine and cheesy. Pedro Pascal seems to be onboard with this, who hams it up to 11 in every scene and comes across as a cartoon. The biggest casualty in this tone shift is definitely Steve Trevor; who Chris Pine is clearly playing straight like the last film. But because of the editing tone shift he comes across like a doofus and tool.

Overall this whole thing is a mess that doesn't quite know what it wants to be; and feels awkward and soulless from beginning to end.

Just finished it. All around a giant "meh".

Its biggest problem is that the editing leans into the comedy a lot more heavy handedly than the first film, so what should have been the truly sincere tone carried over from the first film comes across as saccharine and cheesy. Pedro Pascal seems to be onboard with this, who hams it up to 11 in every scene and comes across as a cartoon. The biggest casualty in this tone shift is definitely Steve Trevor; who Chris Pine is clearly playing straight like the last film. But because of the editing tone shift he comes across like a doofus and tool.

Overall this whole thing is a mess that doesn't quite know what it wants to be; and feels awkward and soulless from beginning to end.

What the heck did I just watch it was like Aladdin mixed with Superman 3 lol

You guys hating because it doesn't have a Marvel logo. :pfft:

Having said that, I saw the mall sequence and it's super cheesy....but, it kind of fits the tone of the 80's Superman films, so it's ok?

So many questions! This was weird. I’m trying to wrap my head around what I just saw. Who is Arista?

Having said that, I saw the mall sequence and it's super cheesy....but, it kind of fits the tone of the 80's Superman films, so it's ok?

Best part of the movie lol

What bugged me the most was the villain arc he just gave up so quick.

Her relationship with Steve was also good.

Barbara arc was good Kristen did a good job but Cheetah arc yikes that was lame.

I prefer the 1st.

Lol. While I admit I find Marvel films to be of a more consistent quality, the first Wonder Woman is easily in my top 5 Superhero movies.

Which is why it was such a shame for me that this one went such a cartoonishly cheesy route.

A gift lol

After the Snyder cut.

HRlaQcR.gif

Back