Wolverine Vs Sabertooth - What do I display it with?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
This thread has inspired me to pick up some comic books of my own to display alongside my Marvel pieces. I just bought the X-Men #222 to go with my Wolverine/Sabretooth diorama and the Amazing Spider-Man #120 to go with the upcoming Hulk/Spidey piece. Now I am bidding on a copy of X-Men #98 to go with my Sentinel diorama.

uncanny_x-men_222.jpg
ASM120Cover.jpg
97792366288.98.GIF

*cough* X-Men # 213 *cough*

Better art.. better story. :eek:

Comics is my first a most important hobby. Everything else I collect derived because of my love for them and the collector's mentality that came from reading comics.

Batty said:
I have about 10,000 comic books and it's lead me to collecting many other things.
I've been very tempted to get the Marvel pieces. The Hulk in particular.

Yeah, I also have around 7000 and been reading comics like 15 years. I just feel pathetic to start collecting statues only 8 months ago, because so much nice stuff to buy and not so much money to cover all pieces missin in last 15 years.

But marvel pieces of SS rocks.

I've really cut back on my comic book habit. I pretty much just read Superman and Batman titles now. Since we won't see DC product from SSC, I hope DCD picks up the ball and starts doing dioramas and PF. There are rumors it might happen. Especially with Ray Villafane on board.

What can you tell us Ray? :monkey3

I only buy trades, hardcovers if possible - but I buy X-titles and Spider-man as well as any trades DC puts out.

But DC has started with PFs and I'm hoping they continue to emulate SSC.

Batty said:
I've really cut back on my comic book habit. :monkey3

Nothing wrong with cutting back. I been doing the same and waiting for the trades on the new stuff that gets good reviews. Besides Astonishing X-Men and Punisher there is not much that I look forward to from Marvel nowadays. I mostly buy DC.

Nice Thread! :)

Any idea which comic would be a good addition to the Green Goblin and Dr. Doom?

Thanks!

Dom :chew

Batty said:
Not being into comics, how did you decide to get into Marvel statues? I know they look amazing, but I don't know if I would collect something when I'm not familiar with the source material. I hope you don't think I'm trying to be a wise-ass here. It's just that over the past few years I've tried to focus my collecting habits and I'm interested in how people decide what to buy or not buy. I still have a problem in that area. I could go on and on about all my years of collecting.

Sorry to go off topic.
I'm like Tom in that I have never really been a comic book reader, though I still have a good knowledge/familiarity of most characters through watching the tv cartoons.
I would guess that this has been the most popular avenue for most people, right?

Viking28 said:
I love this fricking statue and it pains to say that I noticed one of Sabertooths nail's is missing today! Almost brought me down don't know what happened to it or if I just never noticed it until now. But it sucks either way.
Sorry to hear that V. You're not the only one though - I think I breathed a little too hard one time, and one of ST's nails just fell off. Don't think they were glued on too well! :(

Something else that has always confused me is why Sabretooth's right hand nails are black, while the left hand nails are brown like the glove! :confused:

tomandshell said:
Tom, I like how you display the comic right next to it. Have you thought about buying a comic book frame? It might look better than just the bag and board.

Yes- This is just a temporary thing on top of my TV at home. My Marvel stuff will be going in my office at work, and I will find a better way of presenting the comic, but for a quick picture I just kind of stood it there. :D

Whats so special about the Comic frame?

I am looking for a way to show some comics with my beloved SS Marvel stuff! :google

Hey Viking, I just had the exact same thing happen. I was moving it and saw that his thumb claw was gone. Luckily I scoured the area and finally found it. I was able to glue it back on so you can't really tell that it was missing.

Looks real good Tom.

Wish I had more space and money. I'd love to get this one and the Hulk VS. Spider-Man piece...

Thanks!

Just did some rearranging in my office, as I was able to bring a large amount of my Lord of the Rings stuff home. Also picked up a new shelf for my Code 3 vehicles, which were on a countertop next to my desk. That nice wide space is now going to my Marvel VS. dioramas. Wolverine and the Sentinel are there now, and there's plenty of space for Hulk when he arrives, plus room left over for the next couple of releases in the line. I'm hoping that they will reveal another one at Comic Con this year.

It'll be late next week before I get back into the office. I'll be out of town Monday through Wednesday--so keep things under control around here until I get back!! I don't want to miss anything too exciting!

I will get some pictures of the new office setup when I get back.

Back