Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of curiosity, why does making bigger statues make the previously made smaller ones obsolete?

Well my assumption is that the bigger size will translate to better sculpts and tailoring. I could be wrong of course but I imagine that more often than not the new legendary figures will trump their respective PF's.

So does "Legendary" mean "Classic"?

Is my Romita Sr. Spider-Man just around the corner and at 1:2 scale??!???

:yess:

BB

sideshowspidey.jpg

Heh. Wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Who in their right mind would hazard to bet that these pieces would be solid? :cuckoo:

This would also mean being a whole lot pickier on what you collect, gone are the days that people purchase lesser known characters unless of course they restrict themselves with the PF line.

So does "Legendary" mean "Classic"?

Is my Romita Sr. Spider-Man just around the corner and at 1:2 scale??!???

:yess:

BB

sideshowspidey.jpg

why does every thread you post in have you clamoring for your "Romita Sr. Spider-Man"? How about just commissioning one?

Heh. Wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Who in their right mind would hazard to bet that these pieces would be solid? :cuckoo:

This would also mean being a whole lot pickier on what you collect, gone are the days that people purchase lesser known characters unless of course they restrict themselves with the PF line.

:slap

Oh boy not that argument again!!

I could care less if it is or not!!

Im getting them either way!

So how about a 1:2 Batman!! :yess:

All the PFs will be obsolete if they repeat them in this scale.

I disagree. 1/2 scale pieces will be very expensive and consume significant space. I dont think many PF collectors will switch to 1/2 scale...although I must admit it will be very tempting.

Well my assumption is that the bigger size will translate to better sculpts and tailoring. I could be wrong of course but I imagine that more often than not the new legendary figures will trump their respective PF's.
I figure you are right, and that they will just be more impressive because of the size. But, I think the smaller statues will still maintain their presence (as long as you keep them in another room!) and won't become any less awesome. At least, I hope so. Would be a real bummer if PFs ended up being another example of how things that used to seem so great are great no longer because something so much better came along and humbled them (e.g., Medicom RAH figures, NECA/McFarlane, etc.).

why does every thread you post in have you clamoring for your "Romita Sr. Spider-Man"? How about just commissioning one?

Jeez, thought this was a public collectibles forum where fans discuss their wants, their likes, their dislikes...you know, fun stuff. Not every post of mine has me "clamoring" for the Romita Spidey.

BB

Oh and...

sideshowspidey.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree. 1/2 scale pieces will be very expensive and consume significant space. I dont think many PF collectors will switch to 1/2 scale...although I must admit it will be very tempting.

I'll do 1:2 scale only when the sculpt is perfect, the version is classic and the character is a favorite (Spidey, Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman...)

BB

Jeez, thought this was a public collectibles forum where fans discuss their wants, their likes, their dislikes...you know, fun stuff. Not every post of mine has me "clamoring" for the Romita Spidey.

BB

Oh and...

sideshowspidey.jpg

another prime response from BB after a simple question :clap. Since a mod removed your little insult that I already read, I will let it slide.

Yeah that's probably true, I should have said they would be obsolete to me : P

Only chars I'll bit on 1:2 scale are Batman, Hulk, and maybe Soup. I still lovin my Batman vs Killer Croc by DCDirect.

I'm sure these LS figures will look great but there is still something odd about the 1:2 scale - my preference is life size, or stick to smaller scales if not feasible (eg Hulk, AT-AT, etc). Imagine if Sideshow made a 1:2 scale Vader - even if the detail was amazing it would still look like a kid dressed up for Halloween.

Back