Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any figure with clothing qualifies as a doll. I assume this will be over priced and too large for most enthusiasts of this hobby.

Coolstorybro.jpg

Any figure with clothing qualifies as a doll. I assume this will be over priced and too large for most enthusiasts of this hobby.

Well either way, if it's overpriced (about $2k) it better have a low or set ES so that they can start pumping out more 1:2 scale pieces. If it's open ES it better be reasonably priced.

If it's open ES I'll just wait to order as long as possible since it will be readily available down the line and sometimes for a large discount. No point giving them free NRD.

and that's why these are statues. I guess nobody ever taught you to never assume anything in life :lecture

Well either way, if it's overpriced (about $2k) it better have a low or set ES so that they can start pumping out more 1:2 scale pieces. If it's open ES it better be reasonably priced.

If it's open ES I'll just wait to order as long as possible since it will be readily available down the line and sometimes for a large discount. No point giving them free NRD.

I think an ES of 1000-1500 @ $1200 sounds fair to me. It would still take a bit of time to sell out at those numbers, but it would know doubt happen and they would be making a ton of $. That's if it doesn't have an Ex of course.

No way would they sell 1,000 of each of these in even three years, I don't believe Sideshow has the room to store the huge boxes these will come in.

and that's why these are statues. I guess nobody ever taught you to never assume anything in life :lecture

I think an ES of 1000-1500 @ $1200 sounds fair to me. It would still take a bit of time to sell out at those numbers, but it would know doubt happen and they would be making a ton of $. That's if it doesn't have an Ex of course.

Hmm, 1500 ES sounds like too much. 1000ES@ $1200 sounds ok but if ES is >600 I'll wait it out to get down the line. It's not gonna sell out anytime soon past that 600 ES and NRD for a piece that going to be this expensive I think.

If it's less than 400 ES, I think a $1500+ price point sounds fair because of it's exclusivity.

I think the ES set and price point will determine how many 1:2 scale pieces they eventually release and their frequency. If ES is open or too high, we're not going to see many of these, maybe 1 a year at most.

they sold 500 1:1 Predalien busts, and there's a huge gap in character popularity b/w her and Wolvie. The Predalien would actually take up more room as well. Trust me, they could. Even the 1:1 Berserker is selling well at an ES of 1250. The BBTS PO has been sold out for awhile.

Hmm, 1500 ES sounds like too much. 1000ES@ $1200 sounds ok but if ES is >600 I'll wait it out to get down the line. It's not gonna sell out anytime soon past that 600 ES and NRD for a piece that going to be this expensive I think.

If it's less than 400 ES, I think a $1500+ price point sounds fair because of it's exclusivity.

I think the ES set and price point will determine how many 1:2 scale pieces they eventually release and their frequency. If ES is open or too high, we're not going to see many of these, maybe 1 a year at most.

that's the thing though, we already know they want to make a lot, with Avatard, they put out 5 just for SDCC, they won't be selling one per year. It makes more sense for them to have a higher ES and lower price point to sell to more customers. I could see an open ES too, but like you said, If that's the case, I would just wait for a great deal on one.

Let's say they do make 1,500 of each 1/2 statue. Would I risk paying more than $1,000 for a statue that most likely will have a crappy paintjob? No I wouldn't. Sideshow has to prove that they can handle these larger scale pieces since they can't seem to handle smaller statues, I am curious to see how Optimus is going to come out considering that they have had one year to make them.

Let's say they do make 1,500 of each 1/2 statue. Would I risk paying more than $1,000 for a statue that most likely will have a crappy paintjob? No I wouldn't. Sideshow has to prove that they can handle these larger scale pieces since they can't seem to handle smaller statues, I am curious to see how Optimus is going to come out considering that they have had one year to make them.

dude, how haven't they proved they can handle smaller statues? Both Wolvie statues didn't have paint job issues. Not everything they do is a home run and some have failed miserably, but they put out more quality pieces than not. They've done a great job on a lot of 1:1 pieces as well, not sure why your thinking the way you are. There's a reason why Optimus had such a small ES to begin with, it's prolly their most complex piece to date, so I :lol when ppl _____ about the wait on it.

The 1/4.5 Wolverine comiquette was handled before Sideshow became full of themselves, the PF was all cloth and barely any paint so at least they did that right. The Gambit PF's came with many chips, scrapes and broken pieces. The hooded portrait of the recent Aragorn maquette looked looks nothing like what Sideshow was advertising.

The Spider-Man comiquette was a complete joke, how could a company sell those to their customers? I have no idea. What did they do to Ms. Marvel's face? Again, I have no idea. The Tracker 1/5 statue was horribly painted, dull and boring. The paint on the Destroyer maquette on display at Comic Con is not the same on the main prototype that is pictured on the product page, so I don't know how that happened.

The designs on Maul's face on the 1/2 statue might be too complicated for Sideshow's factory workers in China so that will most likely be a mess also. It's not only the paint jobs, it's everything else.

So yeah keep on " :lol :lol "

I don't know if you are being sarcastic, but I stopped reading when you said the spiderman comiquette was a joke.

Unfortunatly, my spidey came with a crappy paint job too :( lots of black lines all over the place where they shouldn't be and massive smudging. So did my IM maquette. My Gambit Ex PF came perfect tho', I was pretty happy with that.

I don't know if you are being sarcastic, but I stopped reading when you said the spiderman comiquette was a joke.

Yeah I wrote all of that because I was being " sarcastic ".

Some of you people are unbelievable.

Of course fuzzy, how could I forget about the Iron Man Mark VI maquette's? I loved the paint chips, bashed uneven chins and the paint covered connectors.

Well there's no accounting for taste, and sarcasm is the lowest form of wit...

If you can do better, then by all means ...

Until then zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The 1/4.5 Wolverine comiquette was handled before Sideshow became full of themselves, the PF was all cloth and barely any paint so at least they did that right. The Gambit PF's came with many chips, scrapes and broken pieces. The hooded portrait of the recent Aragorn maquette looked looks nothing like what Sideshow was advertising.

The Spider-Man comiquette was a complete joke, how could a company sell those to their customers? I have no idea. What did they do to Ms. Marvel's face? Again, I have no idea. The Tracker 1/5 statue was horribly painted, dull and boring. The paint on the Destroyer maquette on display at Comic Con is not the same on the main prototype that is pictured on the product page, so I don't know how that happened.

The designs on Maul's face on the 1/2 statue might be too complicated for Sideshow's factory workers in China so that will most likely be a mess also. It's not only the paint jobs, it's everything else.

i believe u r right , most of it...
spidey comm is a joke.. i have it.. its like a 3yr old did the lines..
but, i guess im still getting stuff from ss .. suker me :slap

I want to buy the new Wolf maquette coming out, you are not alone.

So you admit they did the 1/4 pf right, yet your concerned the 1/2 one is gonna blow? Now I really don't understand your thinking. Of course the pieces that are completely painted from head to toe are gonna have a higher chance for issues, this one isn't.

Back