Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big grats! :) Doom is looking awesome, but... this is Wolverine!

Pictures, maybe? ;)

Thanks.

Won't have a chance to set it up for another few days.
I'm going to replace the broken down file cabinet all my SS pieces take turns sitting on, with something a little nicer. Went out looking tonight for a replacement, but haven't settled on anything. Plus we're getting a snow storm over the next couple days. It may be over the weekend before I finally get this up. When I do I'll take a few snaps- at least for some of the details like the shoulder plates, for comparison sake.

Cap would be a definite buy

any pose in particular?

I would like one of these

Painted_Captain_America_by_mbreitweiser.jpg

captain_america_by_bombattack-d4z32wk.jpg

Finally got mine in today.
Ever since Doom went up at an under $2K price point, I've had very mixed feelings about having ordered this one. I've been leaning 75/25 towards not keeping it and putting the money already spent towards Doom next year.
But after opening the box now...I'm not so sure I can hold to that strategy.

First off- kudos to SS on the packaging. These things are overpriced, but at least opening up the box to this, you get the impression that the contents packed inside actually may be worth it.
Extremely lush...and exactly the kind of extra effort I want to see when I'm dropping this kind of money on something.

I've only opened up the top box which contains hands, head and base...but I'm already knocked out. I had my doubts about how realistic the plastic claws could possible look, even though owners have consistently said they looked fine. They were right. These things look and shine just like tempered steel. Head looks great, shoulder plates have a bit of the too-symmetrical abrasion going that others have had, but it seems a little more toned down. If I keep it, I don't think I would bother re-painting.

And man...after finally getting around to displaying my Bowen Action Thor this past week, the size and weight differences between dealing with something like that and this are mind scrambling.

Big grats on the Wolvie LSF mose:clap glad it all arrived safely buddy and get some pics up when you get a chance :wink1:

Spider-Man will be a must-buy!!!

I'm impressed with Wolverine. I hope it rolls over into the rest of the Marvel line.

I thought the finished product was posted quite a few pages back, no?

Maybe I'm confusing it with something else. You're talking about the 'mouth open' sculpt?

Maybe someone have in hand foto with fnish painted they can post and share =)... Yes, the open angry mouth sculpt, does it have the face mask on or unmaksed.

I thought they were posted in this thread, but I can't find them. I know they were posted somewhere in the section.

well, I finally got it set up. It's a sweet piece of kit, no doubt about it.
unfortunately, i think i'm looking at a potentially big problem area with the stitching on the left leg. Right now it's just unsightly, but I think it might end up giving me a lot of grief in the future. I'll upload some pics later tonight and get everybody's thoughts.
I also have to reluctantly admit that the general concensus of this not being worth $2K is where I am now too. Didn't want to hear it after they grabbed my $400 deposit, but yeah. If this were priced at $1250-$1500, it would likely seem a solid bang for the buck purchase. $2K, OTOH, makes me feel like I'm overpaying.

That said, it IS the best representation of this character I've seen so far by a wide margin.
I'll have some more thoughts when the pics go up.

Ok here is the first pic is the work done on the custom head for the LSF. Hot toy mod guys are going to be jealous! We statue guys just do it better! ;)

Lol

Love all these pics of wolvie, wish I could find someone who wanted to sell theirs

Nice custom!
While it's cool that the community is such that these kinds of professional tweaks can be implemented on the side, it is kind of annoying that at this price point it wasn't included to begin with.
I have to believe that with that other head already sculpted, they are purposefully holding it back for inclusion in a future re-paint/new costume edition.

Back