Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some people could've cancelled their orders or credit cards got declined.

Agreed....I would not be surprised if there were a higher number of credit card declines for a piece that cost $2,000+. Heck there are always credit card declines for offerings that cost a fraction of the Legendary Scale line.

Let's be honest, there are a number of collectors out there who likely living above their means and financing everything on their credit cards. I know 3-4 friends who fall into that category. They have very impressive collections, but they are also buried in credit card debt.

Combine the credit card declines with the individuals who were not allowed to use the Avengers code...and I'm not surprised there are more than a few of these pieces remaining.

WTF!! 60 remaining? Is this the BS selling ploy from Sideshow that everyone's been talking about or is this a result from the 25% discount for new customers that for wiped out a week or so ago? :dunno

Before the coupon massacre there were 20 available left, if everyone got cancelled which is very unlikely, 20 should pop back up not 60, the math doesn't work here :slap

You guys have more time in the SS trenches than I do- but if this new batch is shipping in June, wouldn't that mean these are most likely in transit right now? Also, wouldn't this batch be made up mostly of orders that have been flex-payed, since many of those haven't been fully paid for yet?

None of this excuses the fact of the "only 20 left" tweet. No matter how you slice it, that looks to be very disingenuous...to be kind.

I'm sorry guys, who cares about how many come up for sale! As long as you get yours or Flex one then I don't see the big deal.
Since there is no ES, it's just all talk. Once they get made and decide not to make anymore then it's still very exclusive.

I'm not sure who said what, all I know is this is a great product and shouldn't be missed

Last edited:
If the majority of the 60 that were due to credit card declines and/or code reneges (as some of you are theorizing), then these shouldn't have a preorder status with a ship month of June. They should automatically be considered in-stock items. You guys need to stop making excuses and just come to realize, that more than likely, they decided to make a few more of these to fill the demand.

Steven

If nothing else, buy-in cost + size make this about as exclusive as you can get. Fans of this might have the money, or they might have the space, but only a few will have both- along with a significant other that won't kill them when they see the credit card statement.

If the majority of the 60 that were due to credit card declines and/or code reneges (as some of you are theorizing), then these shouldn't have a preorder status with a ship month of June. They should automatically be considered in-stock items.

Couldn't this be the second half of a split shipment? the ship still has to cross the seas, and the container clear customs (and since the sequester, I imagine customs is man-power strapped just like most other gov't run operations now).
In which case, these aren't technically 'in stock' or ready to ship.

I also doubt that if they are due in June, that these are the result of a last minute second batch order from SS to the factory. I would think a lot more lead time would be needed to ramp up production on a piece as large and relatively complex as this. If SS did order more because of demand in the last few weeks, I would think it would take at least six months to actually see those ready to ship- not six weeks from casting in China to all boxed up and sitting in the Thousand Oaks warehouse.

I'm a firm believer of buy what you like and who cares about edition size but I also agree that if you ask a question and are given an answer you expect honesty.

Now having said that all this talk about SS lying now that there is 60 remaining is weird. I mean if they really were as deceitful as everyone says why wouldn't they just say there's 20 remaining but only reduce that number by 1 every time they sell 10. I can't imagine we'd be able to tell the difference.

Couldn't this be the second half of a split shipment?

Very likely. But split shipment, quad shipment, big shipment, small shipment, who gives a crap...regardless, they shouldn't have lied into making people believe they were getting the 'Last of the Mohicans'. They knew what they were doing.

Steven

If the majority of the 60 that were due to credit card declines and/or code reneges (as some of you are theorizing), then these shouldn't have a preorder status with a ship month of June. They should automatically be considered in-stock items. You guys need to stop making excuses and just come to realize, that more than likely, they decided to make a few more of these to fill the demand.

Steven

Sorry everyone, but :goodpost: I must agree with this.

I'm sorry guys, who cares about how many come up for sale!I'm not sure who said what, all I know is this is a great product and shouldn't be missed

Sideshow how do you explain your tweet???

@collectsideshow: @84antman Those are the last 20 figures period! When they sell out, we will not be getting any more. -S #DontMissOut

I am ok if they want to make these in a few batches, but lying to your customer is not cool.

Not sure if your getting the point Alex? We all agree that the Wolvie LSF is a fantastic piece and it's great that more people who missed out on this first time round will have a second chance at getting him. The issue alot of us are having is why Sideshow continue to lie through their teeth just so that they can fulfil more orders. As Mamba has pointed out in his post above, SSC have even tweeted the comment that "once they sell out they wont be getting anymore".

Okay, it never officially sold out as it went on the Waitlist - but then to jump to having a further 60 in stock??? This just doesnt sit well with me and many others. I dont feel cheated by SSC personally as it was always my intention to get the Wolverine LSF but i feel for those who read the SSC tweet and thus reacted upon it and rushed in to buy one when clearly SSC had loads more available.

I think it was Chris (Atheris) who even predicted that this would happen - he seemed to think that by SSC bringing attention to us collectors that the stock was about to sell out would be a smart selling ploy to shift more Wolverines. Chris, i hold my hands up brother and looks like you were right! I, like many others here am losing faith in Sideshow, especially when us, the customer, is what keeps them in business. For this reason we should not be taken for idiots.

So should we not take things that SSC say seriously anymore if its all lies just to get our attention and to make more sales. If you ask me its all BS! :lecture

Just got my invoice from Secret Compass! $329,70 for shipping to Brazil! Legendary toughness!

I remember seeing this auction on eBay. Then it was gone right when you posted in here that you scored it. There were two other auctions for 3 grand, and then this one from Secret Compass. Did they not want $2,500 for it? I think they did. And I also think they wanted just a little over $120 for shipping within the U.S., but since it's Brazil, they really took you on that. Geez dude, you must be literally trying to kick yourself in the nut sack if you've seen this thread by now. Legendary toughness, no doubt...that's gotta be hard to swallow.

I looked it up and stand corrected...it sold for $2,300. Better than $2,500 I guess.

Steven

Last edited:
Not sure if your getting the point Alex? We all agree that the Wolvie LSF is a fantastic piece and it's great that more people who missed out on this first time round will have a second chance at getting him. The issue alot of us are having is why Sideshow continue to lie through their teeth just so that they can fulfil more orders. As Mamba has pointed out in his post above, SSC have even tweeted the comment that "once they sell out they wont be getting anymore".

Okay, it never officially sold out as it went on the Waitlist - but then to jump to having a further 60 in stock??? This just doesnt sit well with me and many others. I dont feel cheated by SSC personally as it was always my intention to get the Wolverine LSF but i feel for those who read the SSC tweet and thus reacted upon it and rushed in to buy one when clearly SSC had loads more available.

I think it was Chris (Atheris) who even predicted that this would happen - he seemed to think that by SSC bringing attention to us collectors that the stock was about to sell out would be a smart selling ploy to shift more Wolverines. Chris, i hold my hands up brother and looks like you were right! I, like many others here am losing faith in Sideshow, especially when us, the customer, is what keeps them in business. For this reason we should not be taken for idiots.

So should we not take things that SSC say seriously anymore if its all lies just to get our attention and to make more sales. If you ask me its all BS! :lecture

Fair enough, very well said. I'm hoping SS will get some new management after all of this mess. I'm really thinking why I want to keep doing business with people like this. SS needs to take action and explain what happen here and the Harley low alert thing. :lecture

Ordered one. I missed out on the one on BBTS yesterday and will have to pay an extra $150 in tax on this one, but at least I can flex it at SS as I have some other big purchases coming up this month.

Now it says less than 50 remain...sideshow and their devious ways...

:slap Back to less than 60?!
They must be breeding :rotfl

You guys are just staring to lose trust in them you say, but if you jumped around the board a little and actually read up on a few different threads, you'll find out that cheap/shady business practices and straight faced lying is nothing new.

Steven

:exactly:

If it bothered people that much they'd stop buying from SSC. Why would SSC stop doing something when you won't vote with your wallet? Stop moaning and just stop buying from them if you think they're shady. :dunno

If it bothered people that much they'd stop buying from SSC. Why would SSC stop doing something when you won't vote with your wallet? Stop moaning and just stop buying from them if you think they're shady. :dunno

!%*@ off Jay! Your the biggest moaner of SSC there is!!! :rotfl:rotfl

I just looked and my last statue was Ultron back in 2011 and i sent that back for a refund. :lol

Only kidding mate :1-1: you know the score...
:1-1:

Your probably right though, if we allow SSC to get away with this then we should put our wallets where our mouth is and not buy anything...:(

I was looking forward to getting the new xbox but if it's true that you can't trade you're games? I won't be buying it. You can't let friends borrow the game now unless they pay for it when they put the disc into their console. :slap :lol

So yeah i'll be voting with my wallet. Fight the power people! Don't let SSC take you for a ride. :woo :lol

Back