Premium Format Wolverine (Brown Costume) - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll try to post some tomorrow. I might have to send it back. I wanted to keep it though. It's a good statue.

Sorry man, that sucks....its not like we are buying $100 pieces that you almost expect not to have the best quality but for the high end we are getting and the price we pay as collectors in my opinion should never have to settle for these issues. Its a shame, my first new sideshow piece and I had to send it back and im hoping my exchange comes without any concerns because I really want this piece in my collection. I understand that no statue will be perfect and they are handmade but the flaws that we try to get addressed are not acceptable. In a way I wish there was a place around me that sells sideshow, that way I could see it in hand and inspect before I buy.

It's a bit hard to tell from the picture but that's actually a scratch on the nose, not a paint blemish.

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

smh, that's terrible, you can totally tell, how can they chalk that up to a "hand crafted variation"

Definitely return it if it bothers you. Once something bugs me, I can never un-see it.

That said, I don't think I'd be able to see that from any normal viewing distance, but my eyes aren't perfect either :D

Definitely not something I could comfortably display. Can't believe SS even bothered to send that as a replacement.

Each masked portrait also has yellow paint specs all over the black. An easy fix, but still. One even has a paint bristle embedded in the black. I wish they would get some better factories that actually give a **** about the quality of the pieces.

If SS can't replace a piece as important as the head sculpt with a better piece, then they should tell the collectors to return that particular piece for a 2nd paint application done right there at Sideshow. Don't they have a dozen or more expert painters there all the time that could easily work to correct these issues. How hard is it to paint a small part like the head for them? You would think for an $480 statue, they would hire experts in China to do better work.

Well, after my replacement arm showed up with a different shade of brown and glossed.. mismatching my statue, I asked if they could send one more replacement but they said chances are it wouldn't match either being these are all individually painted. I understand each artist may have a different style but i would imagine they would all stick to the same color codes.

So, I took the $50 credit and will live with the gap in the arm, maybe I'll fix it one day..maybe not.

I'm not having the greatest luck ordering through SS.. I own about 7 PF's with a few more on pre-order. My first three were purchased from eBay and not one problem with them. Every statue after that purchased through SS had issues, except for one. Spider-Man had a chipped base, Wonderwoman had a chipped ear, and now Wolverine with an arm that doesn't fit properly. Only my Joker arrived perfect. I'm 1 for 4 with my history through SS..not great odds.. here's hoping my Dark Knight arrives without issue in two weeks.

Good luck. Sorry to hear you've had all of those issues.

I sent another e-mail to CS basically begging them for a 2nd replacement and showing them a better picture of the damage. Probably won't hear back until Monday or Tuesday of next week. I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Got my ex today from another freak amazing and no issues. Here are a few quick pics. I love this guy my favorite Wolverine costume of all time!!!
08648f9c4c01cb194977583b13aa6ba7.jpg
3088dcfff180015ca70aed93e1d1d4d6.jpg

Last edited:
Well, after my replacement arm showed up with a different shade of brown and glossed.. mismatching my statue, I asked if they could send one more replacement but they said chances are it wouldn't match either being these are all individually painted. I understand each artist may have a different style but i would imagine they would all stick to the same color codes.

So, I took the $50 credit and will live with the gap in the arm, maybe I'll fix it one day..maybe not.

I'm not having the greatest luck ordering through SS.. I own about 7 PF's with a few more on pre-order. My first three were purchased from eBay and not one problem with them. Every statue after that purchased through SS had issues, except for one. Spider-Man had a chipped base, Wonderwoman had a chipped ear, and now Wolverine with an arm that doesn't fit properly. Only my Joker arrived perfect. I'm 1 for 4 with my history through SS..not great odds.. here's hoping my Dark Knight arrives without issue in two weeks.

Can you find out why there's a gap? Perhaps the arm peg is being blocked or maybe the arm peg is too long?

I only ask because I had a similar problem last year. Everything else was perfect except for a gap in the neck seam. I didn't want to return it because that was the only thing wrong with the PF. I found out that the peg didn't fit the hole exactly. So using a steel file I "sanded" the side of the peg that didn't fit exactly. After several "sanding" and test-fitting, the peg finally went in all the way and the gap was gone.

Perhaps you could do the same.

I sent another e-mail to CS basically begging them for a 2nd replacement and showing them a better picture of the damage. Probably won't hear back until Monday or Tuesday of next week. I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Keep pushing, Chronos! Hope you get the issue fixed!

Well Just got an email from SS and they're replacing my EX which had the damaged blade, shoulder etc. I was hoping they'd just send a replacement body since the rest of the attachment parts were perfect, but they wanted me to ship the entire thing back and they're shipping a new replacement next week. I asked that they open and fully inspect the replacement, will report back when I get it.

Well Just got an email from SS and they're replacing my EX which had the damaged blade, shoulder etc. I was hoping they'd just send a replacement body since the rest of the attachment parts were perfect, but they wanted me to ship the entire thing back and they're shipping a new replacement next week. I asked that they open and fully inspect the replacement, will report back when I get it.

good luck brother!

Can you find out why there's a gap? Perhaps the arm peg is being blocked or maybe the arm peg is too long?

I only ask because I had a similar problem last year. Everything else was perfect except for a gap in the neck seam. I didn't want to return it because that was the only thing wrong with the PF. I found out that the peg didn't fit the hole exactly. So using a steel file I "sanded" the side of the peg that didn't fit exactly. After several "sanding" and test-fitting, the peg finally went in all the way and the gap was gone.

I did this with my SS Classic CW head. I had to grind down the magnet in the body, since it was unevenly placed, and then grind down the entire peg/magnet of the head, until the head sat flush with the body. I went through all this since this was an ebay purchase.

From this:
22797991002_22c3afc950_b.jpg

To this:
23019621675_eb7ddb2aaf_b.jpg

Besides the scratch on yours.. the entire paint looks sloppy on the face.

Yeah, it seems the arm was cut too narrow. The part where the magnet is on the arm..on the inside like where his armpit would be. If I add a little putty to that area, it props the arm up more in the air and the gap goes away. It's basically like his arm is dangling too low and needs a lift. And it's not the body area because my Ex arm fits perfect/seamless.

So to truly fix it I would need to add some epoxy sculpt to the underarm of the magnet area and repaint that section.

IMG_20160801_183431-picsay.jpg

Not to nit pick, but at that magnification.... that is REALLY close up. I'd hazard a guess that SS would never replace a paint ap like that based on a macro photo.

Maybe not, but its pretty sloppy and choppy. Compared to mine on the right, which isnt macro but I can tell you the lines are 95% straight all throughout the statue. Maybe a few areas where it gets a little choppy.. nothing compared to what his looks like though.

wolvy.jpg

Maybe not, but its pretty sloppy and choppy. Compared to mine on the right, which isnt macro but I can tell you the lines are 95% straight all throughout the statue. Maybe a few areas where it gets a little choppy.. nothing compared to what his looks like though.

View attachment 286952

I totally understand what you are saying. At that magnification, IMO, I think SS can have their discretion. If you don't like it, just return it. I love that you have that option.;)

Back