Premium Format Wolverine (Brown Costume) - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks ok, I'm pretty much done with ssc though. the escaladed price increases and the sub par product and issues that they refuse to look after people once they receive the statue has basically turned me into a window shopper. Nothing has really spiked my interest in a very very long time....

a year or two ago and this would of been instant order, not so anymore......I wish...
Totally agree... hit the nail on head quad, rough being international customer now.

Looks alright, he needs them hairy Robin Williams arms!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

looks ok, I'm pretty much done with ssc though. the escalated price increases and the sub par product and issues that they refuse to look after people once they receive the statue has basically turned me into a window shopper. Nothing has really spiked my interest in a very very long time...a year or two ago and this would of been instant order, not so anymore......I wish...
This seems to be the feeling of all of us "old timers" on the boards.

The only items I have on preorder are Kier (to go with the print) and Doom (I sold my Doom on throne for $2k+ and needed a replacement). I was really impressed with the Ultimates Captain America PF & Kirby Red Skull.

Gonna have to pull a CBG on this and maybe wait for discount or WL. Not feeling the magic this early. Strange but now Mr. Green prefer the yellow costume on this fully sculpted version. Be odd if they do a yellow variant on this in the far future.

Hardly anything they put up gives you that instant PO excitement any more.
The general feeling is wait for in hand pics because of their falling QC standards, such a shame really.

its amazing how one person plants the seed that their is a problem with a statue, his upper lip in this case, and then that seed grows with other people. I think when your yelling or have your mouth wide open your upper lip tightens and kind of curls back. Plus it helps show his teeth better this way.

Especially in the heat of battle facing 100 trained assassins.

The-Wolverine-2013-Chris-Claremont-Frank-Miller.jpg

Always liked that image.

Overall I think the piece looks great and don't really expect a low es.

I don't think the seed was planted. I think most who have commented at the HS sees something very peculiar. I don't think one person has made everyone look at it. It only took me 2 seconds to scratch my head looking at it. It may look stellar in person but frankly I'll just wait to see how things look in hand.

Thanks Josh, but it doesn't say how we/SS got to red...

Muramasa had another sword Wolverine got directly from him, the red one.

The red one is in the "Wolverine: Origins" comic series. I don't remember all the details but it was used when Wolverine fought Captain America. They discovered it negates Wolverine's healing factor because it cuts at a molecular level. Wolverine gave it to Cyclops in case Wolverine ever got out of hand, he trusted Cyclops to use the sword to put him down.

But Wolverine decided to kill Sabretooth first and when he got the sword back from Cyclops it was mis colored in the issue he cut Sabretooth's head off (but it doesn't matter cuz Sabretooth is back anyway...comics).

So kudos to SS for getting the color right and at least having an Ex that makes sense.

Gonna have to pull a CBG on this and maybe wait for discount or WL. Not feeling the magic this early. Strange but now Mr. Green prefer the yellow costume on this fully sculpted version. Be odd if they do a yellow variant on this in the far future.

:lol thanks bro we all can always save some when possible. we are not talking about a little more here. The prices has gone so high so fast it's tough to stay in the game. As for this piece they need to add a bit more for the 500.00 price point. Add a beat up silver samurai mask to the base and other little things. It good but to me looks too simple to meet 500.00 in my opinion.

I see the lip. It doesn't bug me. I can make that snarl... And I'm not a rabid man name wolverine.

I really think the heads are made to look like real people wearing a mask. It's surely not the generic comic art style. If you are a fan of real people or alex Ross style then this is excellent spot on. I can see how they sculpted this with a mirror and making facial expressions to use as reference to sculpt the heads, body and the real life style boots. It's just a different approach which I was never a fan of. I was always into the generic comic art styles. So it depends on what kind of style people like.

I'm really digging this statue. I don't get the hate about it. I love the pose, the sculpts, the exclusive. Now I do think for the price we should get more. More interchangeable parts, a third head sculpt maybe. I do agree he needs more facial and arm hair. If I didn't have the XM statue I would get this.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

I see the lip. It doesn't bug me. I can make that snarl... And I'm not a rabid man name wolverine.

It sad that it is a deal breaker for some. It has stopped me from ordering day one but in hand could change everything. I'll be patient for this one.

I'm digging this a lot. IMO the mouth can use a little tweaking though, to me it looks like Logan isn't really snarling but is about to sneeze or yawn. Just a minor nitpick :)

The main thing you have to get right in these statue's is the HS. In the case of Hot Toys, the face sculpt makes or breaks a figure. In the case of statue's, we have much more to play with. Why take a gamble on the HS of Wolverine? Just slap your stock standard tough looking face on it, boom - Sold. You can even use some of the 2000 Batman PF's sculpts lying in the factory that you can't sell and use those.... :lol

They did change the Superman HS so there is a small hope, but as it is, it's just not that great.

The masked sculpt is decent though. I see some Wolf or Cat in there, like an Animal.

the legendary was perfect why can't he be like that!?
\

My point exactly. Just make your plane Jane tough looking Wolverine face. For $500 smackers they should have done 3 heads.

It sad that it is a deal breaker for some. It has stopped me from ordering day one but in hand could change everything. I'll be patient for this one.

Me too. Due to there being two statues of wolverine in the original photo/leak (one brown and one unpainted), I'm really expecting a classic blue variant. And being a 90's kid. I'd have to take blue and yellow.

I will be patient as well! Hopefully it happens.

Last edited:
Did the same sculptor do Sabertooths face? In the preview picture, it looks much better than this Wolverine one. It has more character.

Back