Premium Format Wolverine (Brown Costume) - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshows policy is you buy what we make or go elsewhere.[/QUOTE

If SS had to listen to all the feedback before releasing a statue, then they would never release a statue. SS wouldn't know which troll to listen to as far as which changes to make. I want a new head sculpt! I want metal claws! I want a different base! I want hairy arms! I don't want Robin William arms though! I want a hollow sculpt! I want a solid sculpt! I want a different uniform!

I wish I knew how to insert a picture of Veruka Salt from Willy Wonka. "I want it nooooooowwww!!!!"

I would entirely agree with you if this didn't seem to be such a unanimous complaint on this one. The rest of thing is amazing in my book, but I can't get past those weird faces. It seems like a lot of others won't be able to either - or will end up ordering a piece they're not 100% happy with because that 'take it or leave it' attitude. Really a shame.

Well, yeah... people have been ragging on the head sculpts for the last 30 pages of this thread and there's even a poll thread up over at SF that currently has 30 votes for liking the head sculpts and 120 for hoping they'd be replaced. I'd say 80/20 is a pretty good majority.

^Unanimous? I just preordered lol. Love the masked head. Hate the Koto/LSF Beaker muppet mouth.

Beaker! Lmao. I love beaker. I'll tell you what though. If they had a cigar in his mouth this statue would remind me of that bad ass scene in "the Wolverine".

This one!
fLH6zNO.gif

I would entirely agree with you if this didn't seem to be such a unanimous complaint on this one. The rest of thing is amazing in my book, but I can't get past those weird faces. It seems like a lot of others won't be able to either - or will end up ordering a piece they're not 100% happy with because that 'take it or leave it' attitude. Really a shame.

If you take all the people on this forum, then all the people in this thread, then the people that actually order this piece, it's less than 1% of total sales :lol. Ok maybe not that low, but definitely the small minority, even with the other forum included.
Most of the time it's a take it or leave it hobby unless you go the custom route.

Don't like the silver on the base, but the original headsculpt looks great to me. Gives it more of an animalistic look, even more so with that upper lip curl.

But yeah... that base... ugh. Generic as hell.

Beaker ftw! Also, I'm getting sadder and sadder about the dispute with fox for Xmen production rights. Partner with Disney or just give sideshow (and other effected companies) the right to continue production.

Sideshows policy is you buy what we make or go elsewhere.[/QUOTE

If SS had to listen to all the feedback before releasing a statue, then they would never release a statue. SS wouldn't know which troll to listen to as far as which changes to make. I want a new head sculpt! I want metal claws! I want a different base! I want hairy arms! I don't want Robin William arms though! I want a hollow sculpt! I want a solid sculpt! I want a different uniform!

I wish I knew how to insert a picture of Veruka Salt from Willy Wonka. "I want it nooooooowwww!!!!"

In particular it is the mouth area that is the problem, objective problem i would argue as people, let alone wolverine doesn't make that face when screaming with rage. Read any comic with wolverine or simply google any picture of a person screaming and their not making the face wolverine has.

I get why SS doesn't listen to all their fans after all look at whats happening with phoenix and XM, but in this case they were clearing going for a rage wolverine but didn't quite pull it off and unless one of those arrows were supposed to be sticking in wolverine i can't figure why he is making that face.

imo a simple fix would be by simply adjusting his mouth to show rage (new sabertooth pf is in line with how wolverine should have looked)a complete change of head sculpt wouldn't even be necessary.

In particular it is the mouth area that is the problem, objective problem i would argue as people, let alone wolverine doesn't make that face when screaming with rage. Read any comic with wolverine or simply google any picture of a person screaming and their not making the face wolverine has.

I get why SS doesn't listen to all their fans after all look at whats happening with phoenix and XM, but in this case they were clearing going for a rage wolverine but didn't quite pull it off and unless one of those arrows were supposed to be sticking in wolverine i can't figure why he is making that face.

imo a simple fix would be by simply adjusting his mouth to show rage (new sabertooth pf is in line with how wolverine should have looked)a complete change of head sculpt wouldn't even be necessary.

???
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Course i do like that the SS one has a hint of a smile, like he's saying "come get some"

I see it as a way to make him look inhuman. Guess I'm in the minority with that preference. :dunno

I would say that they are because they all also look like somebody stomped on their feet- a complaint very commonly made against the new portrait :lol

Back