Wolf Warrior II - What the hell????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
That means that a $3 billion movie is now in sight. It just needs a billion in the US, a billion in China, and a billion everywhere else. I'm sure Cameron is eyeing that milestone with Avatar 2. Will he be the first?

Wonder if it's any good?

I'd be hesitant to find out, ever since my experience with Mei Ren Yu (The Mermaid), it made $550,000,000 in China, and it was terrible. Not just a cultural thing either, as the Chinese born person I watched it with, thought it was awful. I suppose comedy is much harder to translate for international appeal than an action movie. But then again, I enjoyed Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer, which were made by the same person.

That means that a $3 billion movie is now in sight. It just needs a billion in the US, a billion in China, and a billion everywhere else. I'm sure Cameron is eyeing that milestone with Avatar 2. Will he be the first?

If the primary characters are well known Asian actors, that manage to appeal to Americans, then the sky is the limit.

Or Matt Damon, they LOVE him in China

I noticed it a couple of weeks ago when I was looking at BoxOfficeMojo.com, seeing that it's now in the top 5 at the global box office for the year (so far).
It's currently grossed $858.8 million of its $870.3 million in China. That's nuts.

Back