Statue Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I am so sorry for everyone...I am really glad I canceled this way back. Sideshow should be ashamed of themselves

Thanks man. That's a small bit of my stuff....and also now just reminds me of the quality the USED to put out...my Patient Zero bust is impeccably well done and executed. A far cry form this bust they just sent me.

Agree!!! My PZ bust is one of my favorite pieces!

$649.99 x 750pcs = $487,500

That could be a nice profit or a massive company fail

massive fail judging by the response here and social media, going to cost them more by people waiting for production pieces before ordering and if anything else comes out like this we wont be buying especially as other makers are now producing items very close to prototypes
was looking forward to this as I have the others in the range but now dreading it:mad:

I've lost track of how many people have cancelled OR are returning.

I have my list of those who originally pre-ordered - maybe I should go back and compare
eusa_think.gif

from fb:

We're sorry to hear that you've canceled your order. As a one time courtesy, we have set this up to refund in full, including the non refundable deposit. This refund will be processed back to the original card/s charged within 5-7 business days.

Please understand that this item has been advertised since it went up for pre-order as a mixture of PVC and resin. Our production team chooses to utilize PVC for this collectible for several reasons. Primarily, PVC allows the piece to retain a greater amount of detail from the prototype to the final retail piece. It also prevents breakage when the item is in transit to you.

Additionally it allows for a lighter piece which significantly reduces the cost and effort in shipping the piece. Had the item been sculpted in resin entirely, it would have been extremely heavy, more breakages would result with the item in transit, and the shipping cost to our collectors would have been significantly higher.

Contrary to what you may be hearing, the manufacturing costs associated with using PVC are significantly more expensive than other materials used in the production process.

Having looked ourselves at a stock retail piece directly next to the prototype and doing a side by side comparison, we feel the final retail piece is very close to the prototype and retained an excellent amount of detail.

I hope that this has addressed some of the quality concerns that you may have with this piece. Please reply if you need additional help.
Best Regards,

Customer Support Representative
Sideshow Collectibles

Do you receive the full amount on the return or is it partial? I never returned a statue to sideshow before.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You posted this right be for I hit send. You read my mind.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

from fb:

We're sorry to hear that you've canceled your order. As a one time courtesy, we have set this up to refund in full, including the non refundable deposit. This refund will be processed back to the original card/s charged within 5-7 business days.

Please understand that this item has been advertised since it went up for pre-order as a mixture of PVC and resin. Our production team chooses to utilize PVC for this collectible for several reasons. Primarily, PVC allows the piece to retain a greater amount of detail from the prototype to the final retail piece. It also prevents breakage when the item is in transit to you.

Additionally it allows for a lighter piece which significantly reduces the cost and effort in shipping the piece. Had the item been sculpted in resin entirely, it would have been extremely heavy, more breakages would result with the item in transit, and the shipping cost to our collectors would have been significantly higher.

Contrary to what you may be hearing, the manufacturing costs associated with using PVC are significantly more expensive than other materials used in the production process.

Having looked ourselves at a stock retail piece directly next to the prototype and doing a side by side comparison, we feel the final retail piece is very close to the prototype and retained an excellent amount of detail.

I hope that this has addressed some of the quality concerns that you may have with this piece. Please reply if you need additional help.
Best Regards,

Customer Support Representative
Sideshow Collectibles

Sideshow can defend it all they want but at the end of the day it’s not worth $650 and glad to see a lot of people are realizing that now that it’s getting into the hands of collectors. I imagine they will be getting the majority of the orders returned or canceled. Can’t imagine anyone who would pay $650 for this :lol

Being 300 bucks overpriced I don't think this turned out very well from a quality standpoint but being critical of PVC while wishing for polystone means a lot of people here are pretty naive to the qualities of PVC. It's kind of like wishing everything was made out of lead when there is aluminium available.

Being 300 bucks overpriced I don't think this turned out very well from a quality standpoint but being critical of PVC while wishing for polystone means a lot of people here are pretty naive to the qualities of PVC. It's kind of like wishing everything was made out of lead when there is aluminium available.

It’s hollow, bends to the touch, and long term the paint may crack because of this.

Moreover, some of the paint is not curing on the plastic. That’s a common issue with cheap pvc toys, but not $650 statues.

SS totally missed the point in there canned marketing response. IF they had sent out a well executed bust, most would not be so vocal about complaining...well, I wouldn't so much. There is that whole thing of years spent marketing to consumers the benefits of resin casts, then to bust out with PVC plastic as being the new hot thing..which they're going to lose people on...especially since most of us know how PVC warps over time, plastic leaches out, etc...plus I don't care about shipping costs...for $650, personally I want some heft to the piece....make me feel like I got something for my money rather than foam filled plastic.

The big deal here is the poor job they did on this. From the white "Art Boxes", to the paint apps emphasizing the "plastic" look of the material, to the head not fitting in the socket well and wobbling around, to the dreads paint coming off out of the box, to the styrofoam from the shipping box being stuck to the neck, to the drill hole in the necklace skull, to the freaking awful mandible seam, to the laughable vein work in the mouth, to numbers being written on the dreads, to it being an astronomical price for a bust this size made from plastic...ect. etc. etc....THAT is why they are getting so much flack for this. The ONLY redeemable thing about this is the original sculpt, which whoever did should do a face palm at the product that ended up in our hands.

Last edited:
Thank goodness Ian.
Was waiting for you to do the right thing.
Hate seeing my friends get burned.
Quite frankly, I don't think anyone should be stuck with this thing in their collection and be down $650+.

Really appreciate the kind thoughts bud :duff

One of the fellas on Statue Forum has pointed out that they MAY refuse to refund my REWARD POINTS even though it's damaged :(

I'll let you guys know how it goes.

SS totally missed the point in there canned marketing response. IF they had sent out a well executed bust, most would not be so vocal about complaining...well, I wouldn't so much. There is that whole thing of years spent marketing to consumers the benefits of resin casts, then to bust out with PVC plastic as being the new hot thing..which they're going to lose people on...especially since most of us know how PVC warps over time, plastic leaches out, etc...

The big deal here is the poor job they did on this. From the white "Art Boxes", to the paint apps emphasizing the "plastic" look of the material, to the head not fitting in the socket well and wobbling around, to the dreads paint coming off out of the box, to the styrofoam from the shipping box being stuck to the neck, to the drill hole in the necklace skull, to the freaking awful mandible seam, to the laughable vein work in the mouth, to numbers being written on the dreads, to it being an astronomical price for a bust this size made from plastic...ect. etc. etc....THAT is why they are getting so much flack for this. The ONLY redeemable thing about this is the original sculpt, which whoever did should do a face palm at the product that ended up in our hands.

This sums it up nicely. Great job with the video review too Jason.

Really appreciate the kind thoughts bud :duff

One of the fellas on Statue Forum has pointed out that they MAY refuse to refund my REWARD POINTS even though it's damaged :(

I'll let you guys know how it goes.

That doesn't surprise me that they would not refund the RPs.
Yeah, hoping for some good news and GL!

Back