With all the Harrison Ford Re-paints going on...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bidge1000

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi There,

just wondering if anyone has tackled the Han Solo Pf figure yet. The proto looked absolutely amazing and was then destroyed at the factory. It's plain to see the sculpt is there, just wondering if anyone has tackled the paint job again and corrected it.

PS,
I'm looking to get mine re-done so post pics if you have em!

D:D

Either:

1) you're all on crack

2) are overly critical

3) I lucked out with both my regular and exclusive versions, 'coz they are perfect!

Can someone show me some pictures of this prototype that is so great? I have a LOT of trouble believing that the Han Solo PF looks anything like Ford at all.

Either:

1) you're all on crack

2) are overly critical

3) I lucked out with both my regular and exclusive versions, 'coz they are perfect!

The paint looks reasonably good, aside from the zigzaggy hair line. But the sculpt just doesn't look much like Ford.

SChan70.jpg

Last edited:
Either:

1) you're all on crack

2) are overly critical

:lol:lol:lol

The proto is dead on han solo, the studio paint job is utter arse! Has anyone got a pic of the original proto to show the difference? I haven't got a clue how to attach imagery to these threads? You'll see a huge difference.

D:duh:duh

:lol:lol:lol

The proto is dead on han solo, the studio paint job is utter arse! Has anyone got a pic of the original proto to show the difference? I haven't got a clue how to attach imagery to these threads? You'll see a huge difference.

D:duh:duh

A proto is hand painted, while the production piece is an assembly line. The quality should not be in question because it still looks fantastic.

I honestly don't think there has ever been a company that has produced nicer Star Wars products. Period.

A proto is hand painted, while the production piece is an assembly line. The quality should not be in question because it still looks fantastic.

I honestly don't think there has ever been a company that has produced nicer Star Wars products. Period.

I completely agree with you, I would never change my PF collection with anything... Just the best Star Wars collection you can have... as for Han Solo It's the only character who had a bit of difference in paint application quality from the factory... I have an exclusive Han which has a not so good paint application and a regular one who has a good paint application and look like Harrison... but apart from that every Star Wars Premium Format is a great addition to a Star Wars collection and very addictive really, If you buy one you'll want them all;).

I completely agree with you, I would never change my PF collection with anything... Just the best Star Wars collection you can have... as for Han Solo It's the only character who had a bit of difference in paint application quality from the factory... I have an exclusive Han which has a not so good paint application and a regular one who has a good paint application and look like Harrison... but apart from that every Star Wars Premium Format is a great addition to a Star Wars collection and very addictive really, If you buy one you'll want them all;).

OK guys,

I guess this is all down to personal taste and I respect your opinions. However, in my opinion, this piece is flawed and should look like the proto, heck, the skin tone isn't even the same. Anyway, this thread is really about seeing if anyone has done a re-paint so it's time to get back on track.

I have a thumbnail I'm going to try to attach to show you the best proto pic I can find at the moment, for a better look, check out the packaging the figure came in to see the difference.

D:rolleyes:

The underlying sculpt is very good... but the production paint (as is usually the case) doesn't bring it out as good as it could.

I'd love to see a repaint, maybe someone will be brave enough to send theirs off to be done.

I tried to repaint this myself . I wanted to match the proto, but im not that skilled. Here was my attempt:

watermark.php

Good job, Roc74! :rock

My only gripe with the factory paint apps is that the eyebrows should have been lighter and less thick. Solo's hair should have been browner as well.

Either:

1) you're all on crack

2) are overly critical

I hate to disagree so drastically because I'm a man who loves him some Mr. T----but that Han PF is just awful.

I've had the spare cash & the opportunity to buy several times and have passed on every count because of the terrible likeness. I honestly don't know if it's the paint or the sculpt but it sure ain't Harrison.

If you love it that's fantastic, and all that matters---but it's a stretch to call it perfect.

Back