Wishful thinking: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Space Pirate Captain Harlock (2013): Kei?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starfleet Captain

Super Freak
Reaction score
No official announcement yet, but find it hard to believe that HT would not do one.
(2014 Update: HT is not making one per Howard)

In the meantime, here are some CG and design pictures:
o18z.jpg

2wqz.jpg

svz5.jpg

Courtesy of cgworld.jp

I can only hope that HT will do her justice. I really hope HT will make her, but after AVG Maria Hill, I am not entirely sure how HT makes its product decisions.

Last edited:
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Space Pirate Captain Harlock (2013 film): Kei?

Very very cool- I'd get this figure whomever makes her!!!

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Space Pirate Captain Harlock (2013 CGI film): Kei?

Square Enix's Play Arts Kai has a Kei coming out this Nov, so I would imagine HT will make one as well. To have her standing with the right leg out, right hand on her waist and a gun in her left hand (just like the picture above) is already a pretty awesome pose IMO...

I heard back then they were supposed to make her and harlock when they initially announced the license. hope that's still the case.

I only want her if it's real fabric hair. I won't like the molded hair in this hairstyle.

Also the panties over a bodysuit looks silly.

Last edited:

I only want her if it's real fabric hair. I won't like the molded hair in this hairstyle.

Also the panties over a bodysuit looks silly.

100% agreed on the rooted hair...molded hair would look weird and the head would not be able to turn much.

The black panties is painted on the suit and it is carried over from the classics original design from the anime in the 70's. At least it's not like the Superman suit in MoS!

i love the character outfit designs for the movie. just stunning. i really hope this line sells like hotcakes! i want them to "iron man" this line as much as possible, though that's unlikely. unless iron man mark no.350 makes a 2 second appearance fighting alongside harlock.

I guess in the end, it is box office that will dictate whether this will be made or not. The movie was #2 in the Japan box office on its opening weekend. So, there is hope...

I want to see this movie! Hope it's on blu before too long!!!

I want to see this movie! Hope it's on blu before too long!!!

They are working on an international English version of this film. It will come out probably in 2014. I want to see it as well and wonder who they will cast in the English voice cast. They will have to fix the lip synch as well as they are all matching Japanese right now.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Space Pirate Captain Harlock (2013 CGI film): Kei?

Still no coming soon or anything from HT. Check out the awesome new trailer...and check out 0:32 - 0:34...oh my! What happens in zero gravity, stays in zero gravity...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqk1WF7DwTQ[/ame]

thanx Cap for that vid. hope the movie is boss.

Still no nothing yet. A friend of mine just visited HK and asked the staff at their store "Toyhunters":

Is Kei going to be released? If so, when will pre-order be available?

"Don't know yet. Hasn't been announced"

Well, it's the same response they gave for Harlock. I can only infer that they will make one but the announcement is still pending. Not a firm answer, but we all just have to wait...*sigh*

Oh man, with this movie doing not so hot in Japan BO (#9 again in its third weekend) and Hot Toys still have not announce her, I have decided to purchase the Play Arts Kai version of her. At least, that version will be much more posable (and cheaper) that the HT version, should they decide to make it...and PAK comes out in November, not a year after whenever HT decides to announce her...

I hope I'm wrong...

Now that Harlock is open for preorder in HK. I hope they make her as MMS224. However, HT never line up the numbering with the order of making them available for preorder. My guess is they will open her up in late November, when the movie opens in HK. Just my 2 cents. Make no mistake, I am dying to see how she looks like now...

Back