WIP 1:6 Death star corridor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anzik

Super Freak
Reaction score
han.jpg

This is just propped up and taken with my phone but you get the idea.

Thanks guys. I have to wait for the hobby store to get some more stock in. and I have a few more pieces still drying. The lights are made of a transclucent plastic that will allow a light source behind it.

That looks great! When SS gives us a vader and some stormies then you may have to make some more of those dios.:D

Its all made of styrene. I cut the piece and layered them, cut some grooves into the plastic for the door seams. I used light weight sheets for the "light panels" and just cut the rectangular shapes with an exacto. I then mounted them on thicker sheets with holes slightly smaller than the panels to allow light to pass through. Once in place I primered the surface and applied some spray paint. I am also doing the semi circle light panels as well.

That looks GREAT!!!!!
ONe of the most iconic settings in movies!
Great job on it! Looks like a lot of work, can't wait to see a Vader in it!
Need a Chewie barking at a mouse robot....
:D

Its Hasbro's. I should try on those blue pants too.

Cutting out all those little slots is rough on the fingers!

I really need to find a cheaper source of styrene though. It's already at about $50 in material.

Marc, I don't know if there is any difference between the costumes. If the Jim Carrey is cheaper, grab it.

The problem with the Hasblow Solo pants is that the legs are super-short. They barely stay inside of the boots. I did a custom Solo figure a while back and that was one of the fustrating parts in setting him up.

Fantastic work on the wall panels, by the way! :rock

Back