Will We See a Sideshow Inquisitor?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hellion

Super Freak
Reaction score
What do you think the chances are that we will see Sideshow produce a 1/6 Imperial Inquisitor to coincide with the new show "Star Wars: Rebels"? Given that Malgus was suddenly shot to the front of the production line to go along with the Old Republic game I'm wondering if we will see something similar, which would be fine by me.

Not sure if it will "coincide" with the TV show, but I'll bet that SS will produce one.

Well I don't so much mean timed to release with the show, otherwise they would have to have preorders up now. But I bet they get some pressure to promote the show in some way, I could picture seeing or hearing something by SDCC. May not even be this character but someone associated with the show.

Zero interest in Rebels, personally. Seems like there's enough going on in SW 1:6 without getting into cartoon versions of no-name characters. Hope they stick with the films.

I haven't seen a character (or ship) design yet that has impressed me from the upcoming REBELS series.

Well in all fairness people crapped all over the Clone Wars when the animated movie came out then the series turned out to be the best thing the prequels produced.

Considering all the figs they did over the years from the Clone Wars series, I'm sure Rebels figures will be produced.

True - never say never I guess.

One figure I would've potentially bought on sight that SSC never considered, was Rahm Kota from 'TFU'.

Great armoured Jedi design - & while I'm not normally a fan of those games or EU geezers generally, he was a great looking character.

The little Hasbro figure from 2008 rocks :rock

I can see The Inquisitor being released in 1/6 scale. It might depends on how Malgus sells through though. Also, seeing how Disney/Lucasfilm asked Hasbro to focus on OT and Rebels for the foreseeable futur (according to TF reports), other licensees might also be dictated to follow the same path even though Sideshow, Gentle Giants and others collectibles manufacturers are targeting a more adult audience.

I can see The Inquisitor being released in 1/6 scale. It might depends on how Malgus sells through though. Also, seeing how Disney/Lucasfilm asked Hasbro to focus on OT and Rebels for the foreseeable futur (according to TF reports), other licensees might also be dictated to follow the same path even though Sideshow, Gentle Giants and others collectibles manufacturers are targeting a more adult audience.

I have often wondered how much leeway SSC gets in what they produce and how rigid they are held to produce certain figures. I would assume its a given that if Dis-Lucas is pushing a new product and license holders are not properly supporting that license then they would probably be crapped upon.

I have often wondered how much leeway SSC gets in what they produce and how rigid they are held to produce certain figures. I would assume its a given that if Dis-Lucas is pushing a new product and license holders are not properly supporting that license then they would probably be crapped upon.

This was kinda my thought when I started this thread. Not so much that they choose to make a figure of him as much as they are told to make a figure of him. I'm sure something similar happened with Malgus, I mean we got a 1/6 figure and a premium format figure while so many more deserving characters still remain in limbo.

I haven't seen a character (or ship) design yet that has impressed me from the upcoming REBELS series.

Wow, not a fan of Joe Johnston's concept art for The Empire Strikes Back huh? I for one am THRILLED to finally be able to see those designs onscreen and in toy form. I think those are some of the coolest SW designs ever.

Joe_johnston_walker_concept.png

Toy-Fair-2014-Hasbro-Star-Wars-Rebels-Saga-Legends-024.jpg

:rock

Yeah, there's some nice stuff coming through regarding the old designs.

It was just that clip that didn't quite wow me - but as I mentioned, I'll give the show a chance. :)

Well in all fairness people crapped all over the Clone Wars when the animated movie came out then the series turned out to be the best thing the prequels produced.

So very true. People had written of CW before it even started and midway through the series it had (and still has) quite fanbase.

i'm not sure what the likelihood of this being made in 1/6 , but i for one would surely hope it would be made. i hope they continue to expand beyond the films like they have been, cause we've gotten some really great product in 1/6 and 1/4 so far and there also seems to be enough support for non-film related star wars merch.

Back