Wielding Real Lightsabers - Photos of figures with CCFL Sabers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how do these work? Are there wires or battery packs or what? Just wondering how much modification needs to be done to a figure. Thanks.
Pixelpiper makes small slim black wires, very easy to conceal & connect to a power supply. He supplies everything that you need, just plug in!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

That's very cool to know. I swear one day I'll hit you up with a list of sabers I'd like.
Have you ever tried fitting a blaster like it's shooting? Wonder how that would look.

Have you ever tried fitting a blaster like it's shooting? Wonder how that would look.

It would look like a saber blade sticking out the end of a blaster. ;) I can paint the blades so it would be possible to use black to create a segmented look.

Pixel I am throwing money at my screen but it never makes it to you.....I never get your emails. PM me so I can throw money to the real you ...my SS Vader needs his toy......

Seriously though , PM me so I can get an order in. i love the work your doing. We just need to get it together .....
Xipo

Thought it might. :lol Just wondering if you'd ever tried.

It would probably look best with a shorter CCFL, such as the 4"green I use for Yoda - on my next resupply of those I'll see if I can get white as that way I can paint them any color I want.

Updated earlier placeholder post on first page with a couple of new images from Bobafatty

attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:
Any chance of UV color fading if you have have your figures exposed to these for extended periods?

Any chance of UV color fading if you have have your figures exposed to these for extended periods?

That's a great question - I don't have enough data to answer it though, so let me see what I can find. At the moment I'm not worried about it given the frequency they're lit, the glass plus coatings on the bulb and their proximity to various figures. But let's see if I can find some numbers - let's follow this in the info thread: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...sabers-1-6-vader-luke-worldwide-shipping.html

Just got mine, looks amazing. Works flawlessly, and quality is fantastic. I never wanna shut it off!

102npr8.jpg

Finally got mine, customized specially for a Kotobukiya statue! Big thanks to the maker for the amazing customer service that helped clear up some issues with it, and very kindly shipped replacement parts for some of the electronics for FREE (the blade itself was perfect in every way), along with a LOT of patient technical explaining for a newbie like me.

Here is a terrible picture taken with my phone, I'll try to take some better ones soon!

2pBeXT6.jpg

Sick! I grew up with the prequels so Maul holds a special place in my heart.

I feel like a CCFL Kylo Ren saber would work really well since the blade is deformed and 'unstable' anyway, so the tapered tip wouldn't look odd. Then again, I don't know if it's possible to have a 'fuzzy-looking' CCFL saber.

Well Pixel would be the guy to ask about that. I'm thinking possibly a custom power invertor that randomly fluctuates power output. You'd have to measure the minimum power (voltage/current) required to light the bulb and then measure the max. If there's enough room there to play with I can see it being doable. That might be hard on the bulb though.

You can flicker the bulbs using the dimmers I sell now. :) I'm pretty confident I can also get the rough appearance on the blade whether it's OFF or ON - but I'll have to try out the ideas to confirm they'll work.

Last edited:
Back