Why the lack of Knightmare Batman statues?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KryptoSlush

Super Freak
Reaction score
It appears that the only premium figure or statue you can find of the Knightmare Batman is the Hot Toys figure, which now goes for $400+ on eBay. Are there any plans for this statue from any other studio like Sideshow, Prime 1, DC Collectibles, etc.? If not, there really should be. It's an amazing outfit and I'd love to have a statue of it. I'm not really into figures, even ones as cool as Hot Toys.

Uhmmmm... Maybe because it's a poor and unappealing design that appears three minutes in one of the worst and useless sequence of the movie? :dunno

That's why it's going for $400 on eBay? Hmmm...a lot of people must hate that design for the figure to sell out so quickly and fetch such a high price after the fact.

Wait...

To be fair, the Knightmare Batman from Hot Toys is an Exclusive figure, and exclusives usually are much limited in production and are sought after even by non-fans, ie, speculators.

The design's liked by many (me included), but the fact that Hot Toys decided to make it an Exclusive release somehow tells us that HT wasn't sure if it would sell as good as the regular suit and the armored version if it was done as a regular item. Maybe the other companies thought of that too? It might be a fantastic design to a lot of fans, but 16k's comment isn't without merit: being in a short scene in a not-so-well-received movie might not sway 2000 or so collectors to pay $550 for a Sideshow PF or $4000 for a half-scale version from Prime 1. Even DC Collectibles didn't release a 1/6 statue of it to complement their Batflecks. EDIT: now there's the possibility of companies noticing the cult following, and maybe that would make them produce when they see enough demand.

That's why it's going for $400 on eBay? Hmmm...a lot of people must hate that design for the figure to sell out so quickly and fetch such a high price after the fact.

Wait...

Ignore the slower members of the board. Its a great design, I'd love to see someone do this in 1/4 scale.

Ignore the slower members of the board. Its a great design, I'd love to see someone do this in 1/4 scale.

A PF of this suit would be amazing, except they really need to get the details and the cowl straightened out after the debacle with the previous Batfleck PF.

My guess would be this touches closely in design with Red Son Batman, which they have yet to sell 1000 of!

Also the other two Batfleck PFs haven't sold much better either both with considerably low ES for a movie that has easily grossed a billion dollars.

Wait...

I was just teasing you, of course and my remark wasn't meant to offense you in any way, just bad humor.

Still, I think HeubertMichael is right. It's not a bad design, but it really is meant for hardcore, die hard fans of Batman. I don't think it would sell that well. I liked the movie a lot. It doesn't deserve the bashing it got and, no, to be honest, that scene wasn't bad. But when HT released theirs, it didn't even for one second register as something I would buy. Just too scene specific and too far from the usual Batman look. If I think this way, I'm probably not the only one, and HT probably considered it too. That's also probably why they made an exclusive with it. The only way to sell all of them and sell it for big bucks. A regular release would have been a shelf warmer.

Unless it's a highly limited release or from a very small company, I don't think your dream will come true.

I was just teasing you, of course and my remark wasn't meant to offense you in any way, just bad humor.

Still, I think HeubertMichael is right. It's not a bad design, but it really is meant for hardcore, die hard fans of Batman. I don't think it would sell that well. I liked the movie a lot. It doesn't deserve the bashing it got and, no, to be honest, that scene wasn't bad. But when HT released theirs, it didn't even for one second register as something I would buy. Just too scene specific and too far from the usual Batman look. If I think this way, I'm probably not the only one, and HT probably considered it too. That's also probably why they made an exclusive with it. The only way to sell all of them and sell it for big bucks. A regular release would have been a shelf warmer.

Unless it's a highly limited release or from a very small company, I don't think your dream will come true.

No worries. :)

I get that it's very scene-specific, but I just love the design so much that I'm amazed DC Collectibles didn't make one either. They have a bunch of Wonder Woman statues coming out next year with her in seemingly every outfit from the film.

Maybe I'll pony up for the HT at some point if I can find a decent price...

It absolutely deserved it's bashing, and a good bollocking more. The more I think about that movie, the worse it gets. That's how bad it is. Just remembering the things wrong with it makes it worse.

The rest of your post I agree with.

The movie was outstanding. Highly representative of the comic books it's based on and strikingly visualized with honesty and depth. It is a bleak romanticism that I find welcoming and sometimes brutally honest in this day and age of nonchalant vapid blockbusters that don't have the guts to ask questions worth asking.

Because it got about 1 minute of screen time in a whack movie :dunno :lol

Thats why Hot toys never made another armor from IM3 after the Mk 42... derp!

Because you could apply that statement to that movie and the screentime of several armors as well.

Thats why Hot toys never made another armor from IM3 after the Mk 42... derp!

Because you could apply that statement to that movie and the screentime of several armors as well.

1. That's Hot Toys, the company whose name's almost synonymous with Iron Man til they started making Back to the Future figures.

2. Most of those figures HT released are exclusives, and the armors' designs made it easier for HT to release every mark, as they can be easily reused and just mixed and matched.

3. Have you seen statues and 1/4 figures of these HPP armors? Are there any? Play Imaginative never got past the prototype stage for Starboost and Heartbreaker and more, if I'm not mistaken. Imaginarium Art came up with a half-scale Heartbreaker, not sure if it even sold well there wasn't a follow up armor. Starboost's also unique and a fan-fave but no statues of it either from high end companies at least, not even a 1/4 from HT.

You see, 1/6 is, dare I say it, more mainstream. They get more numbers compared to statues produced. With 1/6 you can easily just slap an "EX" sticker and they will move fast. They've even done that to repaints that never had screentime, like Gunmetal Mark 3 and Mark 4 Secret Project. Just because it worked for HT doesn't mean it would sell in the statue or 1/4 action figure department. I don't think Sideshow even bothered to release the repaint of their Iron Patriot maquette even after it had screentime and saw good amount of action as War Machine in Age of Ultron.

I don't think Sideshow even bothered to release the repaint of their Iron Patriot maquette even after it had screentime and saw good amount of action as War Machine in Age of Ultron.

Thanks, you pretty much prove my point with your final statement. Screentime doesn't = popularity. Don't know why thats so hard for some people to figure out, guess all the people posting this won't get made due to lack of screen time are wondering where all their high end Jar jar stuff is and why do people keep making that Boba Fett crap. :slap

As far as IA goes, they did full scale helmets for many of the HPP Iron Man armors, so whats your point? IP is pretty much second or even third string and pretty much everyone that could touch the license, did. Maybe only once, but again IP is NOT Batman. What company doesn't dry hump every dollar out of their Batman license? There is no good reason to not do a statue of this which alot of fans actually think is a cool and unique look and I'd rather have this than Samurai Batman which is actually being made.

I loved this film. Easily my favorite cbm of 2016 and in my top 5 of all-time. And yet all the sheep go gaga over Civil War, a middle of the pack Marvel movie. Go figure.

But I do love this design. It would be great if P1 would do a 1:3 or 1:2 of this. I know it would look amazing and I would definitely buy it.

Thanks, you pretty much prove my point with your final statement. Screentime doesn't = popularity. Don't know why thats so hard for some people to figure out, guess all the people posting this won't get made due to lack of screen time are wondering where all their high end Jar jar stuff is and why do people keep making that Boba Fett crap. :slap

As far as IA goes, they did full scale helmets for many of the HPP Iron Man armors, so whats your point? IP is pretty much second or even third string and pretty much everyone that could touch the license, did. Maybe only once, but again IP is NOT Batman. What company doesn't dry hump every dollar out of their Batman license? There is no good reason to not do a statue of this which alot of fans actually think is a cool and unique look and I'd rather have this than Samurai Batman which is actually being made.

For someone who's quick to call other members slow, you're tough to talk to.

The point is -- 1/6, 1/4, and 1/1 have different demograph, and what works for one scale doesn't mean a sure hit for another. We're talking about 1/4 Knightmare and you're citing 1/6 as the first argument -- an Exclusive because Hot toys might have wanted to play safe and make sure that they would sell-- now 1:1. Those 1:1 helmets from IA are for another demograph -- not everyone who collects 1/6 and/or 1/4 are into life-size replicas. Also, those helmets were incredibly low-priced @ around $200-250, while a 1/4 action figure or statue would easily be $500 at our present standards.

Just look at those popular Predators. In 1/6 form they're aplenty. You'd see 1:1 replicas of their bio-masks as well. But how come we've not seen PFs of Chopper or Celtic? Even the main guy Scar only had a 1:5 statue, same with Elder. Only company who dares produce less popular Preds like Warrior, Guardian, and even Big Red in Quarter Scale is NECA, but that's because they have a more appealing price for the size.

As for Boba? Star Wars must have the biggest fanbase. Even the latest film featuring a majority of never-heard-of characters earned more money than both Thor movies combined. That's why even K2SO's getting the PF treatment this soon, because licensees know that a lot of SW fans spend on anything SW and they spend a lot. That's what you'd get when a franchise can make some collectors spend multiple times on similar figures to build a small army of troopers.

How am I tough to talk to?

I was pretty sure Ink was being fairly facetious in his assessment, thats why I replied to him. Plenty of high end collectibles get made from movies that are panned by the fan base community. Hes not new to this, he knows it. You replied to me with a mess of... but Hot Toys, but this, but that... my point is and remains IM3, like BvsS may be thought of by fans to be trash. I barely saw a reason to even try to connect with your post since it went so far from center from what my point was, but I digressed into your world to entertain your post.

Am I psychic? No. I have no idea what will roll out in the next few years from SSC for this license. But two things I have observed... screentime does not equal popularity of a character and movies that the fan base thrash still can get plenty of high end content. This is especially true when it involves a superior collectible character like Batman. If you need it spelled out any easier, please just re read my post you quoted and this paragraph. I'm done trying to explain it with parallel examples as that seems to just confuse you. You literally got hung up on what movie I used instead of the meaning. It could have been any movie that those parameters belong to.

Back