Why so many Premium Formats cancelled?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Star-Lord
Rocket
All Hobbit PF's
Amazing Spider-Man 2
Winter Soldier previously announced and then downgraded to a big "maybe"
and then SSC Igo stating not to expect any new Captain America PF's from any upcoming movies like AoU

Are you guys getting out of the 1/4 movie collectible game? Are you cancelling all lines to focus on Star Wars and Horror/COTD?

Last edited:
With the increases to prices for Star Wars, I'd be surprised if it was their "Focus"

Lack of sales?

theve been scaling back ES numbers too, I think theyre narrowing focus to guaranteed sales and bigger audiences to make up for their losses elsewhere

Star-Lord
Rocket
All Hobbit PF's
Amazing Spider-Man 2
Winter Soldier previously announced and then downgraded to a big "maybe"
and then SSC Igo stating not to expect any new Captain America PF's from any upcoming movies like AoU

Are you guys getting out of the 1/4 movie collectible game? Are you cancelling all lines to focus on Star Wars and Horror/COTD?

Why so many Premium format cancelled?
Sideshow doesn't listen to customers anymore
WAKE UP!

I was fold via Live Chat that the removal of these items from 'Coming Soon' doesn't necessarily mean thay have been cancelled.
Maybe delayed?

I think 1/6 is starting to take over, likely due to lower production costs, higher sales and better margins. Has the Hobbit PF line been cancelled? There's a rumor that it's the end of the line for LotR after Saruman. I was hoping for a few more LotR PFs but can live with the line as is. I'm also fine with closing up shop on Star Wars if that line is coming to an end. Used to get them all, but have passed on the last few other than Opress and no plans to pick up new Vader or Boba Fett. The only PF lines I'm really interested in these days is DC and Marvel comic lines, and would even be fine with If SS stopped Marvel because I like what XM is doing. Maybe I'll eventually get CotD. If SS could make their 1/6 Marvel and DC lines look as good as their PFs, and reduce the bobble heads, I think they would be hugely successful.

I hope 1/6 isn't taking over because I find them boring. Not into dolls. Don't be insulted if you like 1/6 because it's just my opinion. I used to be into 1/6 a long time ago and just didn't like them nearly as much as PFs so got rid of them all.

I agree with you KitFisto - In my humble opinion 1/6 seem more like high end toys whereas PF statues are a "true work of art"! I only collect PF. But that's just my humble opinion and I understand that others feel differently.

I started off with 1/6 and have slowly moved to 1/4 - Initially the the size and ability to re-pose was certainly a factor, but after my first 1/4 I have to say I doubt I'll buy many more 1/6 figures in the future.

The irony is most of my 1/6 have been posed in a position I'm ultimately happy with so in affect they are just a mini statue. I /like/ both, but if pressed on the matter, I would have to choose PF | 1/4.

I'd love to see Sideshow do a 1/4 PF Mystique (Days of Future Past) and a PF Future Sentinel with light up yellow eyes! :pray:

The value of 1/6 scale figures sucks compared to PF's. Back in the day (2007-ish) you could get one PF or 4-5 12 inch figures. Now you can't even get two X-Wing Lukes for the price of one Catwoman PF. Even if you think big Vader is too pricey at $499 that same amount of money will still get you no more than two 12 inch figures.

Back