Why should we have K-3PO before C-3PO?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puay

Super Freak
Reaction score
Let poor K-3PO take the blames for any imperfection. Looking at the case with the Stormtroopers. When Han and Luke in Stormies digusise was eventually released many of the flaws previously found on the Stormtroopers were corrected.

:)Tighter joints.

:)Painting of the eye pieces corrected.

:)Armour has a shiny surface.

:)usage of velco.

Didn’t Sideshow say that they will improve the helmet for future Vader releases?

Thus K-3PO has to sacrifice for the perfect C-3PO.:lol

Last edited:
who the hell is K3PO? how about the death star droid instead or 4LOM?

Last edited:
who the hell is K3PO? Do you mean the death star droid?

I think K-3PO is that white Protocol Droid at Echo Base Hoth... I think... :lol

Anyway I was simply hoping for Sideshow to try out a less popular Protocol Droid first, gather some feedbacks before doing our beloved C-3PO.:D

i think what needs to be tested the most are the joints. i doubt sculpt would be refined between two similiar protocol droids. so if they test the joint system I would hope we get a more diverse character than a simple protocol droid. 4-LOM is very similar to 3PO, they even share a few parts I believe but its definately a character I want in my collection and would pay SSC prices. I don't think I would pay SSC prices for the Hoth protocol droid. Also, SSC could maybe test with a AOTC Threepio.

It make good business sense for Sideshow to produce a mold for Protocol Droids. I can easily think of 10 colour variations.

4-LOM is very much a must-have, along with the rest of the bounty hunters.:lol

I wonder will Sideshow produce an even slimmer body than the troopers' to fit into the outer casing of the Protocol Droids.

I don't think it makes sense to do that. I'd prefer the figure be made out of a sturdier solid material than to make flimsy thin pieces just to fit around a body. Hasbro had the right method. Just improve on the sculpt and scale accuracy.

Heres a novel idea...why doesnt sideshow just do it right the first time? If you get a prototype finished..and the heads are falling off..then fix it so it doesnt.

Maybe by your rational, we should get either a TC-14 first or a TPM C-3PO? :dunno

I wonder is it just me. Whenever I see TC-14 in TPM, he always seems to have a bigger head to me, thus he may not qualify as your normal protocol droid.:lol

:confused::confused::confused: Your point is? I suspect the base body used would be identical.

:lol i was teasing, it was a joke, but now I realize you really are serious. you can't turn this

C3PO.jpg

into this

2276321159_026f6aac53.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

the concept of a "base body" isn't going to fly. pieces like the arms and legs MUST be cast as solid pieces, not like "armor" to build around a figure.

Heres a novel idea...why doesnt sideshow just do it right the first time? If you get a prototype finished..and the heads are falling off..then fix it so it doesnt.

theres been flaws with the recent innovative product from SSC.

Prometheus and trooper bodies (floppy), hobbit (cracking on limbs), vader body (too tall).

Its nice and all to want SSC do it right first. I agree...but is it realistic to expect it?

I'm wondering that myself. Seems like a good portion of "us" are paying full SS price for essentially a base outfit!! If the SS quality were there the first time, people wouldn't be upgrading their bodies to HT, upgrading boots from other soldiers, repainting heads, using debateably? better Hasbro parts, etc...I know I've switched from that opening day rush on PPO day to just waiting until goHastings gets it for $35.00, makes the changes I feel I need to make a lot easier to swallow. That's just me though. I'm the sucker they want, not very high expectations, but buys anyway.

:lol i was teasing, it was a joke, but now I realize you really are serious. you can't turn this

C3PO.jpg

into this

2276321159_026f6aac53.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

the concept of a "base body" isn't going to fly. pieces like the arms and legs MUST be cast as solid pieces, not like "armor" to build around a figure.

Could you imagine if Sideshow went that far into detail?

It make good business sense for Sideshow to produce a mold for Protocol Droids. I can easily think of 10 colour variations.

4-LOM is very much a must-have, along with the rest of the bounty hunters.:lol

I dont know if you meant 4-lom, and the black death star droid (also has a chrome version in sandcrawler) as variations, but those have completely unique designs compared to the standard C3po style body. so thats 3 bodies they would have to make as the only arms and legs are the same or similar across all three. Either way if it ever happens, which I doubt since they have said they consider the medicom figures that are coming out perfect companions to theres and have no plans to do the droids at this time,I would bet they only make c3po, though I would hope somebody does a nude TPM version.

Back