Why no love for Hot Toys Tarkin?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish one of the better knock off companies like VTS would make a "space commander".

I'll take anything. As much as I wanna grab the sculpt, I believe a Tarkin is going to happen eventually. He's too critical a character to just pass over. I can see Krennic maybe not getting made, but Tarkin is a must.

Nice looking customs.

I also did a Tarkin a while back....
20170310_235217.jpg

20170310_235243.jpg

Tarkin's nice... but your Ozzel is dead on! :clap

Where'd you get so many Piett uniforms?

Thanks. I still need to do some futzing, touchups on Tarkin. I need to fix his belt too.

I was fortunate enough to get multiple Piett, Praji outfits off TA years ago when they were parted out. I have a few more officers not pictured.

Was hoping for a Tarkin reveal over SW Celebration. Would have been the perfect time.

Pretty much dine with 1:6 figures until Tarkin (and Dooku) gets made.

Tarkin's nice... but your Ozzel is dead on! :clap

Where'd you get so many Piett uniforms?

If you need to, the Hasbro uniforms can actually be dyed and tightened to look close to as good as the Sideshow ones.

Thanks. I still need to do some futzing, touchups on Tarkin. I need to fix his belt too.

I was fortunate enough to get multiple Piett, Praji outfits off TA years ago when they were parted out. I have a few more officers not pictured.

Did you repaint the Ozzel moustache a bit, or leave the head stock? It's kind of reddish in the movie. I finished my custom Piett a while ago, but have had Ozzel on the bench for a while and need to finish him.

If you need to, the Hasbro uniforms can actually be dyed and tightened to look close to as good as the Sideshow ones.

Yep. I currently have my Tarkin (GG head) in a Hasbro officer's uniform (made it in 2005 so its fairly pitiful).

I really want an nicely tailored officer's uniform. Even the Piett has that odd stitch in the center of the chest that I hate.

Yep. I currently have my Tarkin (GG head) in a Hasbro officer's uniform (made it in 2005 so its fairly pitiful).

I really want an nicely tailored officer's uniform. Even the Piett has that odd stitch in the center of the chest that I hate.

The Sideshow ones also have the too-thick fabric closure over the left shoulder - it makes the left shoulder seem lower than the right. I also never liked one of the Sideshow buckles - very squared off and not very convincingly painted metal. I think the later of the two imperials Sideshow fixed it a bit though. Enaud's buckles are great.

I'd love to see a 1/6 Imperial uniform produced today that was tailored really well. Those are all about the cut and crisp lines.

Hot Toys Emperor's Royal Guard revealed at Celebration (nice, mind you), yet still no HT Tarkin.

Hasbro has a black series Tarkin figure coming (proving that Peter Cushing's likeness is not off limits), yet still no HT Tarkin.

Does HT have a facebook page where they might answer the question? I grow tired of asking this so it will be the last time: Where is the Hot Toys Tarkin?

Back