Why no love for Hot Toys Tarkin?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope just had them don't the same thing with the ones above

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

Possible Hot Toys went after them for infringing on a product they might be releasing soon?

Nah...I didn't think so either.

I bid and won a red_star auction for a green/khaki uniform yesterday. Shortly after I paid I get a message saying they noticed the uniform was damaged when packing it for shipping so they offered me the black one. :lol Bunch of liars.

I asked them how it was damaged and they said "many holes, sent back to manufacture, no more for three or four months". So I asked who the manufacturer was and they said a company in China. :rolleyes2 I don't know what the problem is with that color uniform but I'm guessing we won't see them again.

I bid and won a red_star auction for a green/khaki uniform yesterday. Shortly after I paid I get a message saying they noticed the uniform was damaged when packing it for shipping so they offered me the black one. :lol Bunch of liars.

I asked them how it was damaged and they said "many holes, sent back to manufacture, no more for three or four months". So I asked who the manufacturer was and they said a company in China. :rolleyes2 I don't know what the problem is with that color uniform but I'm guessing we won't see them again.

That's crazy suspect. There must be a reason they are "not allowed" to sell the green version, but black is OK.

I wonder if the green does in fact tread on HT's Tarkin too much and they know better than to ruffle HT's feathers? Wouldn't that be nice?

Hard to imagine that but being that they're in the same country it's possible I suppose. Regardless, just selling the uniform, no buckle, rank badge, code cylinders or hat insignia, you'd think it would be a non issue.

It should be, that's what's so strange. And they are denying sales. That's even stranger for China -- giving up money.

The long dark shadow of Howard Chan looms far.

I ordered a set of each the same time I posted about them here, but got refunded the money for the green/gray one.

It would suck if there never was any uniforms other than black, but still it's more than we had a couple of weeks ago. If HT had the power to stop this wouldn't they go after the actual bootlegs first?

Did you get your black suit yet, anwe? I'm just curious about the quality and the fit.

I doubt HT has anything to do with it for that very reason. There's so much more in your face Bootleg products out there that it's hard to believe this would cause a stir.

I have a feeling that the "green" uniform was actually more of a khaki and not accurate, so there was a recall on them. Just a guess, as I noticed on the pics of the uniform that the color appeared too beige and not towards green. I'm probably wrong, though...

I still don't understand how Sideshow had this license since for close to 12 years and we never saw a Tarkin figure? I always thought it was some issue with his estate granting use of his likeness , but that can't be the case since his likeness was used by Hasbro and used in RO, for pete's sake! Hopefully this figure is released by Hot Toys soon, it's LONG overdue.

I still don't understand how Sideshow had this license since for close to 12 years and we never saw a Tarkin figure? I always thought it was some issue with his estate granting use of his likeness , but that can't be the case since his likeness was used by Hasbro and used in RO, for pete's sake! Hopefully this figure is released by Hot Toys soon, it's LONG overdue.

What I can't believe if that despite having tailored a great suit and used a number of times they never went "full clone" with it. Imperial officers in grey, takin, veers, ozzell, etc. Etc.

Turns out I got it today after all. The nice chinese people payed for door to door delivery, so it waited at the stairs when I got home..

Sorry to say it was black, but other than that I thought it was pretty good. Of course I don't have Praji or Piett so I can't compare with those suits.

I was going to snap a few quick pictures but my camera had been left too long alone in the bag and in it's depressed lonely state the battery had gone flat. But I improvised and tried a few with the ipad. But I can't put them up as is, I will do that tomorrow from work. So expect incredibad pictures of a dusty black uniform sometime tomorrow.

Back