Why no love for Hot Toys Tarkin?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been working on my custom tarkin I got from scottyb. trying to lighting up his hair to a light grey coloring instead of the dark grey coloring. I will take picture later.

How many good 1/6 tailors are there? I mean it shouldn't be a problem getting interest for 50-100 uniforms. Aside from the body and military boots which are available from many sources, you need a headsculpt and a few small plastic details and you have an imperial officer.
Imperial officer uniforms.jpg

There are already a couple of good Tarkin sculpts for instance, but using a Hasbro uniform is not really an option for me. I wouldn't mind a few unidentified imperials either as long as I could have nice looking uniforms on them. The problem is no one wants to pay $250 for a uniform of this type I reckon.

Any ideas?

There is an interest thread on Facebook about Tarkin and his outfit. Sculpt will be done by Rocco.

Sent from the Death Star communication division.

How many good 1/6 tailors are there? I mean it shouldn't be a problem getting interest for 50-100 uniforms. Aside from the body and military boots which are avialable from many sources, you need a headsculpt and a few small plastic details and you have an imperial officer.
View attachment 317424

There are already a couple of good Tarkin sculpts for instance, but using a Hasbro uniform is not really an option for me. I wouldn't mind a few unidentified imperials either as long as I could have nice looking uniforms on them. The problem is no one wants to pay $250 for a uniform of this type I reckon.

Any ideas?

I would happily pay Yunsils price for a completely accurate olive Imperial officer suit for Admiral Piett, General Veers(I'd love armor for his Hoth assault too) and Tarkin. After that, I'd just wait for Hot Toys to make whichever Imperial officer they decide to do.

Sometimes youve gotta ask yourself what priorities does Hot Toys have. Today was the release for a SECOND Harley Quinn......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes youve gotta ask yourself what priorities does Hot Toys have. Today was the release for a SECOND Harley Quinn......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the priority here was "easy money" tweak an existing headsculpt and throw together a very simple outfit and charge $200+ for it.

Last edited:
here is an update to my grand moff tarkin. well until HOT TOYS decides to do one my custom will have to do for now. I have been toying around with the hair color trying to mix the right kind of blends of grey to give him the right blend. I also fixed his neck collar on his outfit. the ss piett outfit neck collar was not high enough so I use the Hasbro tarkin neck collar and dyed it in field grey to match the ss imperial outfit the best that I could think it turned good but time will tell. IMG_0198.jpg

These customs are all great and serviceable -- I have my own made from that old Gentle Giant bust -- but the tailoring on the Piett OR Hasbro is just god awful and to date no sculpt is really up to today's standards (they all look soft or rough to me -- could be the paint).

We need a new sculpt... and we desperately need a more fitted uniform. This is Tarkin.

The upcoming (hopefully) HT Death Star Trooper will be a great uniform to reverse-engineer for a tailor to offer as a nice Tarkin uniform. Then we just need a sculptor to take a new crack. Coordinating the two like many of the projects on this board would be ideal.

But I know people are waiting to see if Tarkin gets offered in the coming weeks after Chinese New Year. If not by SDCC, I think this would be a worthy project to get started.

Chilipep, Shortround, Emeraldknight -- I'm looking at you guys.

As I mentioned previously there is a Tarkin bring put together on Facebook. There is an outfit being made along with rank badges and code cylinders. Rocco will be doing a head and also hands. I'm excited to see how the project pans out but I still think I want a Hot Toys version.

well the face book link that you posted did not work

Very sorry I thought you could have searched for it yourself after I mentioned it.

There seems to be an issue with Tapatalk and posting links.

Here is a screenshot.

0f95646651d16856408641f397df6acd.jpg

Is that custom up on Freaks as well, or just on FB?

Rocco's sculpts are awesome in terms of likeness, though they can be a touch rough in terms of sculpt details.

As far as I know it's Facebook only also since that post on Facebook the outfit has also been confirmed as a runner.

Back