Why no John Hurt likeness for Hot Toys Kane from Alien?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Space Jockey

Super Freak
Reaction score
The Kane figure from Hot Toys has been previewed for quite some time now, but I was hoping you could clarify for us all why this figure, when it is about to be released, has not got a headsculpt likeness for the actor John Hurt, and has been replaced by a completely different sculpt? Even now, the John Hurt likeness is on your website. Many people are angry and are cancelling their orders. The facehugger headsculpt is poorly painted. Considering when the marines from Aliens were released the figures were around the $80 mark, now they are almost double the price, we expect more quality.

The Kane figure from Hot Toys has been previewed for quite some time now, but I was hoping you could clarify for us all why this figure, when it is about to be released, has not got a headsculpt likeness for the actor John Hurt, and has been replaced by a completely different sculpt? Even now, the John Hurt likeness is on your website. Many people are angry and are cancelling their orders. The facehugger headsculpt is poorly painted. Considering when the marines from Aliens were released the figures were around the $80 mark, now they are almost double the price, we expect more quality.

If you want a better likeness, maybe you should direct your angry messages to John Hurt. Hot Toys can only sculpt his likeness with permission, which was not given..

The problem I have is that these kind of issues should ideally be dealt with before they release images and people preorder, not after.

This figure is a waste of money without a likeness IMO. If it just comes with a head with a facehugger on it....then HT shouldn't even release it.

This figure is a waste of money without a likeness IMO. If it just comes with a head with a facehugger on it....then HT shouldn't even release it.

while i partly agree i'm sure there will be Hurt sculpts made available eventually. bet Frontline's working on one now lol. course it' sucks that it'll probably cost an additional 70+ to get it done

Last edited:
while i partly agree i'm sure there will be Hurt sculpts made available eventually. bet Frontline's working on one now lol. course it' sucks that it'll probably cost an additional 70+ to get it done

I just saw the sculpt they are using:

348DSC_6781a_3x4.jpg

Very disappointing.

They never showed the head clearly when they were soliciting it. It is disappointing, but at least there's the facehugger version. HT is coming more and more in the spotlight of the studios, they can't take chances anymore with partial likenesses.

I love these figures regardless if we get John Hurt likeness or not. They are still in my opinion a great buy.

Lambert: I like griping.

Dallas: Come on, knock it off.

:lol I don't see the big deal, yeah it sucks but some Kane is better than no Kane. Besides it's not like it's Parker or Brett. Now if they screw over Gorman from Aliens then I will be super pissed! :duh

Ever noticed that theres never been an action figure of Hurt in any of his movie guises? I think he has issues with being one,(an action figure that is!). I have a feeling so many people will be disgruntled by this anyway that a good sculpt(s) will be available fairly soon. So Mr Hurt, we win......!!!

Don't be mad at Hot Toys and Sideshow.

Hot Toys probably wanted to do a John Hurt likeness off the bat but Fox and Hurt may not have allowed it. They might even submitted mustache-less sculpt as well but the licensor may have insisted on adding a mustache. So much about this we don't know.

Ever noticed that theres never been an action figure of Hurt in any of his movie guises? I think he has issues with being one,(an action figure that is!). I have a feeling so many people will be disgruntled by this anyway that a good sculpt(s) will be available fairly soon. So Mr Hurt, we win......!!!

He's probably afraid we'd make a voodoo out his figure and stick pins in it. :lol

Back