Who's going to SDCC and where are you staying?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me, FACEBOX and another friend are still looking for accomodations..

Just sayin'. ;)

Send me a PM.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's 4 of us right now we're looking for 1-2 more people really.

My bro and I stay in Hotel Circle off the 8 freeway. We drive in everyday and park at Padre Park. It use to only be $10! But last year they upped the ante to $20. Hopefully they'll reduce it this year. The Padres are always on the road during the con, so not double loading plus you're right near the gaslamp dist and a few blocks from the Convention center.
I have a few nights I dont need and am willing to part with them for a lil finder's fee. Plese PM me if you need a room in Hotel Circle - Extended Stay.
DC

My bro and I stay in Hotel Circle off the 8 freeway. We drive in everyday and park at Padre Park. It use to only be $10! But last year they upped the ante to $20. Hopefully they'll reduce it this year. The Padres are always on the road during the con, so not double loading plus you're right near the gaslamp dist and a few blocks from the Convention center.
I have a few nights I dont need and am willing to part with them for a lil finder's fee. Plese PM me if you need a room in Hotel Circle - Extended Stay.
DC

Why not take the trolley there is a stop right there at that mall. The red line is open and that takes you to right in front of the convention center.

Why not take the trolley there is a stop right there at that mall. The red line is open and that takes you to right in front of the convention center.

My brother and I have so many folks we are buying stuff for, it's better to have a car to take the loot back to. We tried the Trolly thing our first year and it was a nightmare with all the stuff we had. Gotta love the trolley though. SD is a great town. Hope they get some industry as I'd love to leave OC and move there permanently . :chew

Well, the hammer has come down and my plans for SDCC this year are a bust. Funds have dried up, due mostly in part to my own lateness and shutting up shop for repaints. Couple that with trying to have a baby and a crumbling economy and you have a no go for Josh at SDCC this year. So I am just going to make the FX show next month as special as I can and call it a year.

So unless I experience a miracle of epic proportions... it's looking like I won't be there.

I'll be with you guys in spirit, and online of course. Wish I could go, I was really looking forward to another year with the Freaks at SDCC. :(

Well, the hammer has come down and my plans for SDCC this year are a bust. Funds have dried up, due mostly in part to my own lateness and shutting up shop for repaints. Couple that with trying to have a baby and a crumbling economy and you have a no go for Josh at SDCC this year. So I am just going to make the FX show next month as special as I can and call it a year.

So unless I experience a miracle of epic proportions... it's looking like I won't be there.

I'll be with you guys in spirit, and online of course. Wish I could go, I was really looking forward to another year with the Freaks at SDCC. :(

Babies are overrated.

:lol

No, really.

No dude-bro, NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Damn, that sucks majorly Josh! I was reay looking forward to hanging out with you brother.

Well, maybe if I get this job in DC, we can hangout sometime on the Beast Coast.

Don't let 'captain crabby' hear you.

:mwaha

I love that crabby baby to death!

But it's really hard to explain the whole parenthood thing (I think the Steve Martin film did the best, actually!). It's like a blessing and a curse. With a little planning, your 'adult' lives don't have to come to an end (and it's a little easier for the men I think), but it's tough. It's such a weird change. Like, you still feel like the same person, but you really aren't. Very tough to explain. All I can say is get all your traveling desires out of the way before the baby comes! ... unless you can put it off for 18 years!!

And that's very exciting news, Josh - you'll be a great daddy, when the time comes! :banana But we'll miss you at Con :(

:monkey2This makes the monkey and me cry! :monkey2

I was so looking forward to meeting you in person, man. :crying

Back