Who else is Mormon?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darth Loki said:
What's a Latter Day Saint? :D

I'm not religous at all and honestly, all religions kinda blend to me. I have my own personal beliefs but they are constantly changing based on experience and the more I learn about life in general. I don't really believe in a God, but I'm open to the possibility that there is a God. My main gripe with just about every form of organized religion is the close minded attitude (not to mention hypocracy) that most members have.

Thats so strange, because thats exactly what I would have posted. I agree with you 100% on everything.

I'm a reformed Jedi.....anyone else?:D

On a serious note, I was baptised as a Methodist. Some of my very close friends are Muslims. We eat together (and smoke together:lol).....What I can't understand is....why can't everyone get along and live in peace? Why the need to kill in the name of a religion? I would never understand the warped logic..... :monkey2

People only kill in the name of religion because they think it gives them a divine protective which other people will not be able to condemn. They use it as an excuse for their own hate, and then hypocritically accuse people of attacking their beliefs when they're condemned for it. Protecting home and freedom is one thing, but hateful attacks and violence? That's not religion, it's revenge.

Religion should teach love and goodwill, and its organization should be meant as a way of administering its directives and purposes, not a means of excluding others and fostering elitism. At least, that's what I think.
:rolleyes:

King Darkness said:
I think I saw a Mormon once in Albuquerque:dunno

I hope so since they built a new temple there.

I'll share my mormon story. I was driving from NM to Seattle with my girlfriend and we stoped in SLC to see the temple. We were walking around and one of the sisters (is that what the female members are called?) asked where we were from and we said "Seattle"... and she said "oh, thats great.. we have a lot of members in Canada." :confused: and our first thought was.. well maybe one of them should buy you a map.

I don't mean to put anybody down just my one experience.. I loved the temple area.. looked great.

Last edited:
Captain Aldeggon said:
People only kill in the name of religion because they think it gives them a divine protective which other people will not be able to condemn. They use it as an excuse for their own hate, and then hypocritically accuse people of attacking their beliefs when they're condemned for it. Protecting home and freedom is one thing, but hateful attacks and violence? That's not religion, it's revenge.

Religion should teach love and goodwill, and its organization should be meant as a way of administering its directives and purposes, not a means of excluding others and fostering elitism. At least, that's what I think.

Well said, Aldeggon!:rock :rock :rock

madden821 said:
I hope so since they built a new temple there.

I had no idea:confused:

I'm almost positive it was a Mormon, this is traditional Mormon garb is it not?
meeko.jpg

There's a good discussion going on here. It's good. :) King Darkness, that is not what Mormon's dress up as. lol We don't run a fast food joint. :lol

I thought mormon was slang for "cult" :rotfl :rotfl Sorry if that offended anybody, I just think that organized religion is a bunch of crap, and being Mormon, is one step worse than that. I don't want to be part of a religion that forces you to donate, and if you don't donate, you're not going to "heaven"......

congerking said:
I thought mormon was slang for "cult" :rotfl :rotfl Sorry if that offended anybody, I just think that organized religion is a bunch of crap, and being Mormon, is one step worse than that. I don't want to be part of a religion that forces you to donate, and if you don't donate, you're not going to "heaven"......

What are you trying to say? :rolleyes:

I apologize for my response, my cousin just converted to a LDS, and what they told him about their religion just got underneath my skin

congerking said:
I apologize for my response, my cousin just converted to a LDS, and what they told him about their religion just got underneath my skin

It's okay. As for what your cousin may have been told, I have no idea. Not every Mormon isn't a "Saint" as they may proclaim. That is with every other religion or whatever. It's the people that become the issues, not the church itself.

Captain Aldeggon said:

I think you're absolutely right. In my experience, the problem with religious organizations as a whole is that preaching love and goodwill doesn't evangalize the masses or get the donations flowing the same way teaching good old intolerance and reinforcing someone's pre-existing hatred does.

Exactly. Also I'm sorry to hear that they said that if you don't donate you're an evil person. Nobody in the church receives any money whatsoever, not even the President. When I served my two-year mission, I paid for it myself, including all expenses, and never received a dime. And I'm glad I did it.

While the church collects money to erect buildings and maintain the basic facilities, donations are voluntary and are ONLY used for the maintaining of church functions. Nobody gets anything out of it, and the money is treated as sacred. Anybody who tries to get paid for teaching a religion obviously doesn't get what religion is supposed to be about.

Back