Who else gonna do some expensive army building?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think the plain Troopers would be open editions with no set edition size

I'll definitely get the following...

Stormtrooper - OT
Scout Trooper - ROTJ
501st Legion Clonetrooper - ROTS (or just a regular Clone if they don't make the 501st or I can't get it in time)

These...maybe if money allows...

Imperial Royal Guard - ROTJ
Commander Cody
Commander Bly

Batty said:
I found these pictures over at the Chinese SW forum. Imagine having enough money to buy this many.

Y'know, for all the money that was spent to acquire those troopers, you'd think the photographer would want to spend a few more bucks for a proper background or diorama behind them! :confused:

Still, the sheer number of figures in the photos had me laughing for quite a while.:rotfl

Super Poseable said:
Y'know, for all the money that was spent to acquire those troopers, you'd think the photographer would want to spend a few more bucks for a proper background or diorama behind them! :confused:

Still, the sheer number of figures in the photos had me laughing for quite a while.:rotfl

The first photo looks awesome, but I can't figure out why all the stormies are scratching their heads in the next two. :lol

Super Poseable said:

Dude, he ran out of money. :lol

Darth Rage said:
The first photo looks awesome, but I can't figure out why all the stormies are scratching their heads in the next two. :lol
I think they're shading their eyes. Maybe the lenses in their helmets don't block out the sun that well.

I thought they were saluting Vader...

I think two would be the largest number I'll buy of anything. Two 501st to flank Vader (S.E. Ani). And I want to do a diorama of Vader flanked by two stormtroopers with all three kneeling before the emperor who would be flanked by two guards. The question of course is...where the hell am I gonna put a diorama of that size?

One of each is more that enough for me. Preferably the exclusive version, which worked out fine until now (fingers crossed for the future releases!). Since I'm planning to buy every SW 12", it's already money consuming enough as it is! Besides that I'm not planning on displaying the figures anyway, so multiple stormtroopers and clonetroopers wouldn't make much sense.

Batty said:
By now you should know when I'm making a bad joke! :monkey2
:lol I musta been really tired or something, because after I shut down my computer and went to bed it finally hit me, like a sack of jawas. It was a joke genius. :eek: Oh didn't I feel smart, just not enough to get back up and fix my mistake.

Now you must be punished for confusing me in my sleepiness. :emperor

TheObsoleteMan said:
I just want one ROTJ biker scout and one of those green camo clones from ROTS, and I'm good. Army building $50 figures is for rich folk.

Hmmm...wonder what a kidney fetches on the black market these days?

Might have to sell one. Not mine of course.

Oh, btw...who wants to hang out over at my place this weekend? Free booze. Nevermind that bathtub full of ice......:D

I'll definitely get a couple of OT Stormtroopers but any other troop I decide to get will be singular. I really hope Sideshow don't release too many PT Clones as Hasbro's endless variants were one of the major factors why I lost intrest in collecting 3 3/4" figures and I would hate it if we got a run of Sideshow pre-orders that were nothing but Clones.

bcm77 said:
I'll definitely get a couple of OT Stormtroopers but any other troop I decide to get will be singular. I really hope Sideshow don't release too many PT Clones as Hasbro's endless variants were one of the major factors why I lost intrest in collecting 3 3/4" figures and I would hate it if we got a run of Sideshow pre-orders that were nothing but Clones.

Hasbro's endless clone variants were what got me back into collecting 3 3/4" figures.

But I'd also like to see some OT troopers instead of a barrage of clones.

it'll be interesting to see some of you collectors buy multiple troopers but I think the limit is 2 so good luck paying more on ebay. As for me, I will probbly get 2 stormtroopers and one exclusive and also ,hopefully, some droids. :chew

Booyah! said:
Hmmm...wonder what a kidney fetches on the black market these days?

Might have to sell one. Not mine of course.

Oh, btw...who wants to hang out over at my place this weekend? Free booze. Nevermind that bathtub full of ice......:D

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Good God!! Well, I know one place I WON'T be hanging out! lol

"Get your stinkin paws off my kidneys you damn dirty apes!!" :emperor

I think it was Tom in some interview or chat who said that they would be making allowances for troop builders by releasing variant figures? So we'd get a stormie and then a sandie, and then a sandie with a big gun and then a stormie with a mouse droid, etc. - something like that. Great for the army builders, death for the completists.

Yeah, 2 Sturmtruppen is a must, plus maybe 2 Snowtroopers for Vader entering Echo Base. Other than that, it will be singles with all the Republic, Imperial and Rebell Alliance variations. Can't wait to see the Rebel Hoth and Rebel Endor commandos.

Damn this is a fine time to be a SW 1/6 collector, HU-YAH!

I only planned on getting one of each figure, If they actually release a few with variants and differences....I might be crying because I'll be in for every single one. I decided before Luke even shipped to be a completist for this line....the Military of Star Wars I believe will really put that too the test.

Back