Which Movie did you Like Better AVP or AVP-R?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which movie did you like either AVP/R or Both?

• AVP

Votes: 33 23.9%
  • AVP-R

Votes: 45 32.6%
  • Liked them Both

Votes: 30 21.7%
  • Did Not like Either of them

Votes: 24 17.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 6 4.3%

• Total voters
I liked the graveyard scene...
The chain-smoker had a gun and was talking $h!t so Wolf blew his head off.
Classic predator honor code.

they both were terrible movies.They singlehandly destroyed both franchise IMO.

What is the one good scene added into AVP-R?

well when the sh hits the fan and the mom and liltle girl run into the cementery. there they run into an old guy with a shot gun, the girl starts to freak out and the guy get mad 'cause she's making old kinds of noise. the wolf pred. is in the trees and plasma canon his head off. they show aliltle more blood it's not a whole lot different from the regular release.

for the rest of you sorry for the spoiler.:tap

Sorry but AVP:R was so annoying because of this:
alienvspredator13.jpg

AVP:R Rules!!!!!! Wold would have killed that biatch! :)
aliens-predator-requiem12.jpg

Last edited:
out of those eight minutes they added there was only one good scene.
to me it was to dark half the time yo're like what the hell was that? at last in avp you could see the aliens and preds good...:banghead

Yeah and the preds looked terrible. I do agree that AVP-R was a bit too dark (just like ALIEN RESURRCTION) but at least they predators didn't look horrible make-up wise. The original Predator looked and felt more real and organic instead of what I saw in AVP.

FACEBOX said:
I feel like I can just sit through AVP-R drooling and still get the gist of the film.

NONE of the ALIEN movies were these epic in terms of concept. At it's best it delivers on atmosphere and tension. What's there to actually "get" in AVP-R or any ALIEN or Predator film? No one ALIEN movie is more complicated than the other. It's all in the execution. You can have Ridley Scott tell you the story or you can have Paul Anderson tell you the story.

Sorry but AVP:R was so annoying because of this:
alienvspredator13.jpg

AVP:R Rules!!!!!! Wold would have killed that biatch! :)
aliens-predator-requiem12.jpg

Thats what I didnt like about AVP the 'Human-Pred Team ups' that was definitely no no
and yes if that was Wolf instead of Scar (when she turned around and Scar was behind her with his spear) he would of Harpooned the b**** :lol:lol:lol

you know something , this bull^^^^ argument is gonna go on for decades... :lol
avp had a better script , better acting , better scenery , gave the alien creature itself alot more justice than avp:r and the preds were pretty cool too. All avp:r had was an awesome pred and a pretty cool new creature design with the predalien.

avp had a better script , better acting , better scenery , gave the alien creature itself alot more justice than avp:r and the preds were pretty cool too. All avp:r had was an awesome pred and a pretty cool new creature design with the predalien.

Yea your right it could go on for a long time and the poll/thread has been more successful than i thought it would be :joy

avp had a better script

I don't know about that one. I'd say they're about equal as far as scripts go, neither one all that rivetting, pretty basic and just enough to give a monster movie some substance.

better acting

Other than Lance Henricksen, who didn't have that much overall screen time, the acting was pretty mediocre in AVP and about the same in AVPR; I can't watch either and think yes these people are better at acting than the people in the other movie.

better scenery

This point is a matter of preference. For me, AVPR had better scenerey because the woods and sewers and the nuclear plant and even the hospital all had the primitive and raw feel the environments of the early films in each franchise had which was nice. The pyramid thing was kinda neat, but to me, it felt forced. I've never followed the franchises outside of the films, so seeing the Predators create a pyramid on earth and all just felt too forced to justify the story.

gave the alien creature itself alot more justice

This point really depends on your mindset when viewing the movie; if you're looking to see a balance of Aliens and Predators because of the title or whatever, ya, you'll favor AVP over AVPR all day long. If you watch AVPR either not caring how much or little time is given to each species and just take what you're given, or if you're looking at it more like it's Predator 3, then there's nothing wrong with how AVPR handled the different species. AVPR is a lot like ALIENS, the core of the story isn't about the xenomorph species, they're only there to create a threat and task for the main focal character(s) of the story, which in ALIENS were the marines and in AVPR is Wolf.

All avp:r had was an awesome pred and a pretty cool new creature design with the predalien.

To me, all AVP had was some new style Predators, another variation of the xenomorph and a unique locale unlike anything in the previous films. Not saying AVPR had more, just saying I think they both offer about the same ammount of things and types of things to an audience.

Avp:r and the only reason is the predator role and design...avp predators looked like fat animal.At least avp:r had a feeling of a splatter movie..avp was like a romance..it sucked

One thing I really didn't like in AVP were Scar and Lex's how do I say this.....? their 'Batman and Robin scenes' that was a no no in my opinion

i'm pretty much with you on this.

i hear everyone else's arguments favoring AvP:R and some of them are definitely valid, but i still enjoyed AvP more. why oh why did AvP:R have to have the first half of the movie be a Dawson's Creek episode?? and a pizza delivery boy as a character??

atleast i think everyone can agree that in comparison to the original alien and predator movies, either of the VS films don't come close.

Back