Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not fact. It's your opinion and it may be shared by others but I have seen plenty of people on various boards who look at it the same way I do.

Then for you Legolas and Gandalf in the hobbit is Fellowship too. Must be by your logic. That's funny because I haven't met many that think that

Well...to each his own...my fellowship is the NINE in the garb they set out with from Rivendell...INCLUDING Bill the Pony! He was DEFINITELY a member of the Fellowship!

Well...to each his own...my fellowship is the NINE in the garb they set out with from Rivendell...INCLUDING Bill the Pony! He was DEFINITELY a member of the Fellowship!

Bill the Pony was totally a part of The Fellowship.

The Fellowship being more about what they fought for even after not being together. Boromir for me is still within that as he was fighting for his people and Middle-earth and he was in the end still a member of The Fellowship.

Until Elrond announced and made official the Fellowship of the Ring there was no fellowship. Boromir didn't even know hobbits from a hole in the wall.that is a pre fellowship Boromir no matter what your mind is trying to tell you

Until Elrond announced and made official the Fellowship of the Ring there was no fellowship. Boromir didn't even know hobbits from a hole in the wall.that is a pre fellowship Boromir no matter what your mind is trying to tell you

Yes, he's pre-Council of Elrond. It's just such a well done piece and Boromir being a member after that moment I just don't let that bother me.

Yes, he's pre-Council of Elrond. It's just such a well done piece and Boromir being a member after that moment I just don't let that bother me.

I'm not knocking the piece, my favorite SS LOTR maquette but just the logic of it's the fellowship no matter what. And Boromir cared about his brother, father and Gondor not middle earth until he tried to take the ring from frodo and snapped out of it. Only then did he get the big picture.

Last edited:
Holy moly this blew up. Avoiding the definition of Fellowship here, maybe SS was being smart about it in the way Josh laid out, taking a more general definition of the term. But the question is WHY make it hard on yourself. With that video I am sure most had an immediate image come into their mind, the famous silhouette image or at least the nine in their FOTR garb. If SS had released that I doubt anyone would be screaming for a Boromir in Osgiliath costume. And hey they could have made that later on with a small ES for the super hardcore collectors of the line. Everyone is happy. I just don't get why they make you work so hard to buy their product. This was low hanging fruit. Make a set of the nine in consistent garb with action poses that could also make sense together as a group.

Holy moly this blew up. Avoiding the definition of Fellowship here, maybe SS was being smart about it in the way Josh laid out, taking a more general definition of the term. But the question is WHY make it hard on yourself. With that video I am sure most had an immediate image come into their mind, the famous silhouette image or at least the nine in their FOTR garb. If SS had released that I doubt anyone would be screaming for a Boromir in Osgiliath costume. And hey they could have made that later on with a small ES for the super hardcore collectors of the line. Everyone is happy. I just don't get why they make you work so hard to buy their product. This was low hanging fruit. Make a set of the nine in consistent garb with action poses that could also make sense together as a group.

:exactly: Hear! Hear! Couldn't agree more!

The beautiful Frodo and Sam statue should be titled the "The Ringbearers in Gorgoroth"...I totally love the piece but the word Fellowship never crosses my mind looking at that statue:lecture or the Boromir piece as well...I think of Faramir when I look at it....I also never think of fellowship when I see Gandalf the White too

Last edited:
So we can guess then that we will get a Thorin and Bilbo PF but neither will be made as they appeared in 95% of the movie. Would that be a prelude Thorin with a Bag End Bilbo. ;)

So we can guess then that we will get a Thorin and Bilbo PF but neither will be made as they appeared in 95% of the movie. Would that be a prelude Thorin with a Bag End Bilbo. ;)

You never know now...remember it's Sideshow

If they do the pieces (any pieces), I'll be happy...I still believe that we'll see something (LOTR/Hobbit) at SDCC... but I'm happy with the new WETA pieces we are going to see in 2 days!!!

Last edited:
IF Sideshow had made the Maquette FOTR like folks wanted them to look like, SS could have sold 1500 of each. SOLD OUT it would be. Add Bill too Sold Out total price around maybe $2000 or whereabouts and would be a nice Huge way over 100lbs set up...for 600 you get Wetas 3 pieces that could rest on my hand and forearm and weighs a total 4 pounds....Sideshow could have done it right but....Sometimes thinking outside the box is not so good....Again I love the Maquettes but the Fellowship aspect could have been executed better and if anyone cant see that then they got their head in the clouds

Last edited:
Highly doubt we'll see any other maquettes from SS other than a possible Sam & Merry so they can at least say they finished "the Fellowship". As for the PF's, I would assume they'll switch to The Hobbit characters and we'll see one, maximum 2 per year, until the license expires. Like I've been saying, the complete lack of communication from SS tells me that they are not really invested in Middle Earth anymore. Whether it be for financial reasons or whatever, they just don't seem to care, which in turn leads me to believe it is because they are phasing out of these lines.

So let's hope WETA really brings down the house with their new stuff this year!

DC and Marvel are now the Statue Gods for Sideshow...follow the money....Weta will always one way or another stick with Hobbit/Lotr

Last edited:
In both the book and the movie he's talking to the Hobbits and he is referencing the end of The Fellowship that sat out from Rivendell. That I've seen confirmed a few times in various discussions by well versed Tolkien fans. The key word in that quote is OUR meaning The Fellowship.

Then by your logic the end of the fellowship would then really be when Legolas and very old dwarf Gimli sailed west from the Gray Havens....Earlier Sam died after his wife and Merry and Pippin were buried in Gondor I believe and Aragorn was buried with them..... Gandalf IMHO refered to only Himself and the hobbits at that moment at the grey havens...It was the end journey for 2 of the main ringbearers and the 3 elven rings though,

Last edited:
That's not fact. It's your opinion and it may be shared by others but I have seen plenty of people on various boards who look at it the same way I do.

You actually think that 51% or more do not first think of FOTR Fellowship when Fellowship is spoken in regards to LOTR....:slap I think its the opposite Josh...I know it's the opposite

Last edited:
Back