Action Figure Where's all the 1/6 Leatherface customs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to mention the ACI body is not much taller than a standard body... where as the KP is noticeably bulkier and taller; definitely a better fit for Leatherface.

That body is more expensive than the Kaustic ones. You can still pre-order some on various sites for around $35 to $45 depeding on where.

Thats a good price but by the time they are shipped here I'm still looking around the same price as the andrew.

Will hold off untill I see some pop up on ebay and concentrate on the apron and rest of the weathering.
Gunna watch the film again for reference on the apron and his outfit but it is originally a plastic/vinyl apron right?

Not to mention the ACI body is not much taller than a standard body... where as the KP is noticeably bulkier and taller; definitely a better fit for Leatherface.

Cheers probabley will get one eventually just got to bide my time:)

Thats a good price but by the time they are shipped here I'm still looking around the same price as the andrew.

Will hold off untill I see some pop up on ebay and concentrate on the apron and rest of the weathering.
Gunna watch the film again for reference on the apron and his outfit but it is originally a plastic/vinyl apron right?

Cheers probabley will get one eventually just got to bide my time:)

Yeah it's a vinyl like material. Galactiboy made his own where I re-weathered and colored the one that came with the figure originally.

Yeah it's a vinyl like material. Galactiboy made his own where I re-weathered and colored the one that came with the figure originally.

Yeah was checking out your video and think that's the way I'll go with mine unless I can find some thin yellow vinyl.

Was just watching the trailer and flicking through the film aswell, it's a sad reflection that the first time I saw the film it shocked me and now it just makes me laugh:)
Still chilling but you know what I mean, is quite funny:)
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs3981DoINw[/ame]

Was thinking maybe instead of changing out the apron I might coat it in rubber glue then paint and seal that and see what it looks like to give the texture of vinyl.

Hi guys please check out my 1974 leatherface custom headsculpt!

IMG_5928.jpg

IMG_5925.jpg

I know the hair is a little sparse but i ran out lol, but im offering blank headsculpts.
Thanks

I hate myself for laughing at other's work because I know a lot of love and hard work has gone into them, but I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. All I keep seeing is him smiling at me trying to lick his nose.:rotfl:(

I think that's his upper lip? I keep seeing the same though... :lol

If anyone needs some yellow "plastic sheeting" the same stuff I used for mine, hit me up. I have a ton left over and have no clue what I'm going to do with it. :lol
Might take some depending how I get on with modding my one:)

Have you any updated pics and how did the stitching go?

hi guys thanks for all your kind words lol, i am a crappy painter, its actually his teeth, you can see it on the blank cast better.

hi guys thanks for all your kind words lol, i am a crappy painter, its actually his teeth, you can see it on the blank cast better.

In all honesty, I would work on that mouth a little more and hair it up completely before showing pics and offering up sculpts. I would also suggest fattening up the face a little more. His face looks a little too long and thin. It is very hard to imagine him looking complete with the unfinished hair. He has muppet hair in your pics. I am not saying this to mean or insult your work. I can see where you are going with it and it has potential. However I don't think people will sign up and pay for something that you are not showing in all it's glory.

Just my opinion and I wish you luck. I think with a little more work you can have something really great here. :peace

Went ahead and modded the apron to be more film accurate.

Firstly used copydex fabric glue on the apron.
Secondly went over with a mixture 50/50 glue and yellow paint.
Third gave it and the straps a wash of brown paint and water.

Pretty happy with the result.
There are some lumpy bits of glue but am goiing to flick more blood on the apron and clothing and the lumpy bits will be congealed blood,,mm tasty:)

Had a go putting rubber sleeves on the body but they looked horrible even after a repaint, so am gunna go with a kaustic when I can.
The rubber glue mod is really good, has a nice texture to it on the fabric, is flexable still and gives a wet vinyl look.

Last edited:
Could'nt wait to get a kaustic so used a bulkier body than the original sideshow one and bloodied it up, think it looks pretty good.

Looks scary!! very good job, I also do customs someday, I'll upload pictures of my leatherface.... as is that of painting with glue? salu2, Ronaldo.

Thanks, yes first I painted a layer of clear rubber fabric glue.

Then I mixed it 50/50 paint to glue and applied that to get the yellow.

Then got some red and black paint mix and applied with fingers, brush and toothbrush to get the blood splatters/spray effect.

Glad you like;)

Come on lets keep to constructive criticism on here. We all have different levels of skill here and you don’t want to discourage people.

You never know Adam may become the next Betomatali with some practice so you don’t want him to give up at this point :lol

Am sure he can fend for himself fine:)
But yeah constructive criticism is better than piss taking.

Was funny though:)

Back