When will we see ESB Hot toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Veers is a minor character, but he's also a character who had 3 scenes with Vader himself, I think his only scenes involve Vader. He's portrayed as a competent no-nonsense Imperial and was a well known Kenner figure. He's not at Piett's level of a minor, but he's certainly not some nameless rebel and even Nadine is sort of forgettable. Most people remember Veers, even if they don't remember his name.

Your first sentence was kind of my original point, Veers was a minor character, as was Madine. They both had rather limited screen time, but both were high ranking officers on their respective sides of the struggle. I wasn't trying to downplay Veers, necessarily, just that I didn't think he'd be likely to be made since they still haven't made Lando, Wedge, Biggs, Ackbar, etc. All of those guys were more important than Madine/Veers, so I guess I felt if you make a "minor" character like Veers you may as well hit a few more.

Whoops!

I understand what you're saying, I'm just saying some minor characters are more minor than others lol. I could totally understand Hot Toys making Veers and Piett as they were high ranking, memorable Imperials and there really weren't that many of them. I would not expect them to make characters like Captain Needa, Admiral Ozzel, or like Sideshow, Commander Praji of all characters. Akbar is a minor character on the level of Piett I'd say. Many scenes, somewhat important position, very memorable. Meanwhile Biggs, Madine etc are not. All this is very technical, I'm sure there and charts and graphs on some website saying so, it's science.

I understand what you're saying, I'm just saying some minor characters are more minor than others lol. I could totally understand Hot Toys making Veers and Piett as they were high ranking, memorable Imperials and there really weren't that many of them. I would not expect them to make characters like Captain Needa, Admiral Ozzel, or like Sideshow, Commander Praji of all characters. Akbar is a minor character on the level of Piett I'd say. Many scenes, somewhat important position, very memorable. Meanwhile Biggs, Madine etc are not. All this is very technical, I'm sure there and charts and graphs on some website saying so, it's science.

Completely agree.

One could argue Boba is a minor character yet, (less lines than Veers surely?), yet HT made him. Why? Because he's a memorable, loved and important character.

Last edited:
in_memory_of_admiral_piett_by_darth_veers-d61q9gi.jpg
BnaRgz7CcAAYbpM.jpg

If Hot Toys made Veers he could come with a light up holo Vader with articulated arms and a translucent cape.

Veers MUST be made.

Is someone seriously trying to say that an armored bad*ss like Veers - who is the commander of the ATAT assault on Hoth (arguably the most memorable battle of all SW films) and has several really memorable interactions with Vader including in his meditation chamber - is the same as Mr. background-with-a-fake-beard Madine?:lol

HT Veers would be a major seller, HT Madine even most SW fans would struggle to name.

Veers is like an arrogant, coldly efficient Nazi officer, Madine's like a climate change consultant at the EU. Screen time and lines of dialog have nothing to do with coolness... coolness has everything to do with coolness.

Is someone seriously trying to say that an armored bad*ss like Veers - who is the commander of the ATAT assault on Hoth (arguably the most memorable battle of all SW films) and has several really memorable interactions with Vader including in his meditation chamber - is the same as Mr. background-with-a-fake-beard Madine?:lol

HT Veers would be a major seller, HT Madine even most SW fans would struggle to name.

Veers is like an arrogant, coldly efficient Nazi officer, Madine's like a climate change consultant at the EU. Screen time and lines of dialog have nothing to do with coolness... coolness has everything to do with coolness.

Leave Crix Madine alone you monster!!!

Couldn't wait for a HT Lando so I picked up an old Sideshow version on the cheap, repainted him, put him on a modified Finn body. Pretty pleased with the results...

...for now. :wink1:

E3843E9C-2198-4A92-92C1-0E44F60D734E (1).jpg

Couldn't wait for a HT Lando so I picked up an old Sideshow version on the cheap, repainted him, put him on a modified Finn body. Pretty pleased with the results...

...for now. :wink1:

I personally still like the original Sideshow Lando quite a bit. He fits in OK with my Hot Toys collection. Like what you did with this version for sure though. Nice work! :clap

Yeah, Sideshow Lando was one of the best they ever did. It was in the larger-heads era, but it's still a spot-on sculpt and it does work side-by-side with HT figs pretty well (and, frankly, has more likeness than many of the HT SW figs, even if the apps aren't close.)

The Finn skintone seems a bit dark for Lando to me - though the old Kenner figures (and the old 12" Hasbro Lando Skiff too) gave him very dark skin, so it's retro in a way.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll probably go back and lighten both the sculpt and the body to get a closer match.

I expect Hoth Leia to be the next, revealed on May the 4th.

A fitting tribute to the finest princess in the history of the universe.

Still cannot believe she is one with the force now.

well so far I have a custom of her in her hoth outfit. and I`m currently working on leia in her endor outfit. as were tired of waiting for any company to make just one leia and that`s the ANH outfit. but nothing else has been done since Hasbro in this scale.

Back