What's your Star Wars collecting focus going to be now?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Rook's got the best job in the world, doesn't he? He gets to play with them for a while, while "working", and doesn't have to pay a cent! ;)

Exciting times and hard at the same time.
I'd love to buy everything that comes out in 1/6 scale, but if I'm forced to choose basically my priority will be keeping the pace of HT OT release, hoping to be able to add the stuff I like from SSC (Hoth Luke&Han&TaunTaun, Artoo, Jango and Scout at the moment).

Only HT Star Wars

OT - Leia,Han,Chewie,R2,C3PO,Yoda,Boba,Vader,Emperor,Jabba and Stormtrooper. I would buy a X-Wing and Millenium Falcon
PT - Evil Anakin and Darth Maul
NT and Spinoffs - Too soon to decide

I'm skipping Winter Soldier,GOTG and Ant-Man lines. I will open an exception for Batman Returns, Avengers 2 Cap and Ultron.

Taking pictures of all those Sideshow products doesn't make you want them? :)

Well, Rook's got the best job in the world, doesn't he? He gets to play with them for a while, while "working", and doesn't have to pay a cent! ;)

All true. I liken the job, though, to hanging out at the house of a really privileged friend who has all the toys that you want but can't afford. You get to play while you're there, but your friend gets to dictate which toys you're allowed to play with. It's amazingly fun, but at the end of the day, no matter how badly you want those toys, you have to go home without them.

Lu's right, though. For me, at this stage of life, it really is the best job in the world.

gonna cherry pick across sideshow and hot toys.

i've got a few " MUST BUY" figures.

Jedi Luke/ Endor Luke

old luke ( when they get to him)

i'd love to see a hot toys yoda

slave Leia

Endor Leia

Wickett

Ashoka Tano

anything else, will be case by case. already REALLY slowed down.

What it has always been, OT with the focus on the first film:

Vader, Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, stormtrooper, Obi wan, the droids, Tusken raider, Jawa. Maybe Yoda.

Then I'm done with SW, and probably 1/6 altogether.

I'm excited to collect OT and TFA (assuming it doesn't disappoint.) The OT was great but there was something magical ESB and ROTJ came out to find the first figures and flip over the back to see all the awesome new characters and wonder who they would turn out to be in the movie. I'm excited at the possibility of reliving some version of that.

The prequels just accomplished that (for me anyway.)

I only buy very few figures per year, and try to keep my collection condensed to my absolute favourite characters, that are visually interesting to me. Instead of buying many characters, I also constantly upgrade my figures to have the best possible version out there, either with custom or official pieces.
In the end, all characters I want are:

OT:
Darth Vader
Emperor Palpatine
ROTJ Boba Fett
Stormtrooper
Sandtrooper
Yoda (potentially)
R2-D2 (potentially)
ROTJ Luke (potentially)

PT:
Darth Maul

ST:
undetermined

Out of the characters I want, I already have Vader, Palps, Maul, and the troopers, all customized using Sideshow and Marmit. However, I woudn't be opposed to upgrading all of these, so when HT released these characters, I might buy them complete, or at least pieces that I feel improve my versions.
I'm afraid this does mean that I'm basically out of Sideshow Star Wars. I am contemplating getting R2 still, depending on the final production version, my budget, and simply my own gut, whether I truly want him.

As I discovered for myself just a few hours ago after seeing that the HT Fett might actually be 1:4, a 1:4 Darth Vader and 1:4 Darth Maul are now very high on my wishlist as well. :lol

I don't have any star wars figures yet so will stick with the main characters from the OT and Maul from the prequels. It's gonna be expensive...

Always a fun question.

I'm notorious for changing my mind and shuffling things around, the only constant is that I want definitive pieces, and as few favourites as possible to avoid overpowering my space. As of today:

ANH

• Sandtroopers x2 (Slot currently filled by my long-laboured upon Marmit/Sideshow customized kit bashes.)

HT Stormtrooper (2 tall, 1 short...minimum.)

SSC R2D2 (not film specific but we'll throw him in here)

ESB

• SSC Probe Droid

SSC Snowtroopers x3

HT Bespin Luke (Have to see for myself and decide on that likeness once and for all.)

Maybe:

• HT ANH Vader
    HT Sandtrooper (assuming we'll see them)
    SSC C3PO
    SSC Hoth Han (Blue Coat, pending production samples)

Want:

• Snowspeeder Luke, SSC or HT, doesn't matter.
    HT ESB Vader
    HT Han & Luke in Trooper Disguise (if likeness is very good to excellent.)

That's something like 15-19 Star Wars and I'm out.

Already have 7 of those in-hand with 4 on order, so I'm about halfway there. Will never go near 1/4 scale...too big, too expensive. Mostly just too big. ROTJ is a no-go for me...I might have liked the Scouts but not enough to devote the space and money.

It's unlikely I'd keep more than one Vader, also unlikely I'd keep more than one Luke, but we'll see how it all shakes out.

It's unlikely I'll get into any TFA stuff although one or two iPod Troopers is a possibility if I like them enough.

There were other OT pieces I wanted, but I had to hit the brakes. If something comes up that really grabs me, I'll re-think one or more existing pieces so I don't wind up with too much.

And I've said this elsewhere before...if I could only pick one...Probe Droid. In that sense I have my dream piece already.

Only want a couple of other HT 1/6 releases from other properties, and I'll be kit-bashing/customizing 2-5 1/6 ninjas ('conventional' black or a possibly more historically based dark blue...and some red Hand Ninjas a la Marvel).

Back